It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe in God? How do you personally reconcile Evil? Muder? Rape? War? Etc ....?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by dominicus
A number of key esoteric aspects of numerous religions have connected me with God/Truth

Religion is rat poison for the soul...

A lot of truth with a little bit of lies thrown in.
Rat poison looks like corn, it smells like corn—and it even tastes like corn.
This is the reason that Religion is actually the most powerful type of mind control...
That is also why it always leads you away from God and His will.

I would say many lies with a handful of truths thrown in, obtuse riddles to keep mankind twisting for all time.
You are right and the agenda has been in place for eons; to keep at least Western/culture ideology as far from God as possible, not as successful with the Eastern; as those methods of contact to the ethereal have been in place far longer, the bleed through cannot be stopped now. Odd though it was jump started in 1966 innocuously by popular culture icons; George Harrison and John Lennon, their explorations of hinduism and buddist thought,
and whether anyone listenning to the music knew it the message was there. A sneaky outsmarting of the controllers. Always thought the Rolling Stones was the antipathy to the Beatles, Rolling Stone Magazine never looked at the irony/dicotomy of the two existing at the same time trying desperately to define 'something' which on the surface was an iconic battle between good vs. evil.
edit on 19-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I too remember pre-existing as a soul prior to being Born. I was Aware and peaceful and was asked to come here to be born to help others. I call myself a reluctant servant, cause I don't seem to help as many others as I should ...still working on figuring out myself and seflessness ....guess you could say.

I always wonder, why all people who vowed to help others like bodhisattvas also had rebirths without past memories. That would make things difficult for them to free others, right? I mean they could end up being corrupted by the system (Sometimes I feel that the current Dalai Lama is also corrupted. I dunno much about him so maybe I'm wrong)

Imagine that they had rebirths in the totally corrupted world. All philosophies, metaphysics, and mysticisms like Gnosticism, Buddhism, Taoism, Zen, etc are labelled as heretics' materials and completely destroyed (at worst, they are erased from the world history). They could end up walking their life as corrupted people, too.

Maybe there is a way to cheat the system, to allow us to keep all the past memories including any good vow that we did (if we vowed to help others in previous life).
edit on 19-1-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

A number of key esoteric aspects of numerous religions have connected me with God/Truth

I just admire you, this is the true mysticism. however the outer parts of religions may be different, the goal is the same. especially in real monotheistic religions.
monotheistic religions are widespread and they have enough tools for enlightenment but the corrupted wicked have made them to westernized Christianity, Judaism and Islam or radicalized ones.
but one day definitely, without any doubt, the inner part of religions will emerge more vividly. the day which the wicked will be cut off, and the righteous servants will inherit the Land ! the Messiah of religions, especially monotheistic religions, will return. and Pharaohs will sink.

"""Like the spear pierces the shield in a moment, I passed through centuries. This is why all believes and religions are for me One and hundred thousand of years a moment…"""
---Rumi
edit on 20-1-2013 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodol
Sometimes I feel that the current Dalai Lama is also corrupted. I dunno much about him so maybe I'm wrong)

For some interesting reading, search these terms:

Dalai Lama Illuminati puppet

The Dalai Lama Is An Illuminati Agent

"The Dalai Lama himself was on the CIA’s payroll..." www.infowars.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Simple. Free will. God loves us so much He created us with the choice to love Him back. With that choice comes the secondary consequence that some of his created beings would choose not to.

This is the only explanation that makes perfect sense...beginning with the premise that a loving source, creating spirit/soul infused splinters of itself, would then grant these splinters (in actuality, itself) the most ultimate freedom...a freedom that could not be granted by a source that did not truly love itself, and consequently us...its creations...

All 'degraded' versions of love, expressed as fear through evil, are brought about by FREE WILL...any other version (specifically, any version that removes the mechanism of FREE WILL), is not an expression of love...as there would be no point to this version at all - automatons are not privvy to FREE WILL, and are not responsible for the consequences of this non-FREE WILL...what is apparent is that the reverse is true...and our responsibility extends before, during and after this lifetime (alluded to in all cosmologies, in some form)...

A99

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

So I'm posting this to hear some takes across the board on your take on how can God exist as well as Evil.

Anyway, what's your take on reconciling God and Evil within the Earth?

My take is ignorance

For me, it all comes down to freewill, although I do see ignorance as a key factor as well. God has essentially set us free, out of love for us. The catch is, that with freewill “we” (not God) can commit evil, in this world.

The above, combined with the fact that IMO we live in a fallen world, means that most people are not aware of their divine connection to God, which is really their birthright.

If man lived with the knowledge of God, then he would not be committing all the evil that exists in this world. Men’s ignorance of God, is what is sustaining the evil. God is not the evil one, he is the one trying to help us out of the darkness, by bringing us into the light of the truth.

- JC

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join