My Adventures in the Real World: Why I've Been So Quiet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Been there , twice . First time was Gout , pain probably as bad as childbirth in that it hurts so bad that when it's gone you can't even remember how bad it was . It's come back twice and both times I was completely surprised how bad it hurt .

Second time was Atrial Fibrillation , no pain but I was having trouble breathing . My heart was pretty much just firing on two cylinders so as far as fluid build up goes it was putting on a good congestive heart failure imitation .

I'm sorry that bad health is knocking you back a little and I hope it's something fixable . (it probably is) Good job on using your down-time wisely , I don't want you to burn out . There's one or two mods I'm not sure about but you strike me as being a genuinely decent person and one the reasons ATS stays such a good place .

Take care of yourself .

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I had diagnosed my brother with lung cancer over the holidays by using the Internet. It turned out to be a chest infection, but I was terrified until he had had a clear scan. I'll never diagnose via Internet again. I hope you get the healthcare your entitled to Heff. You shouldn't have to be self diagnosing.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Dang, Heff, that sounds like a REAL adventure. You've been missed, but not forgotten.

Get well soon.

Pending the diagnosis, a cheap pair of compression stockings will improve circulation in the lower extremities. If what you have is related to sitting too much. (We're probably all guilty of that!)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

That's awesome. If it wasn't for ATS I wouldn't be aware on a certain number of topics as I would
be right now. It's because of websites like this that continue to make the internet a desirable instrument.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Drink lotsa water.... Might want to get a new chair, if you spend 5+ hours straight in a chair a day, gotta splurge for a comfortable one that isn't restricting blood... I made that mistake, legs kept falling asleep.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I shall call him......"Bigfoot"

That's right mate.......I miss ya too ya big Heffalump!

You're a legend mate, get well, then get your ass back here!

edit on 19-1-2013 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

A little bird just told me about this and i had to log in and check it out.

Sending all the positive energy your way.

Get well soon.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

ATS will do that to you!! I am addicted to it. Suddenly my feet and ankles were swelling. #1 Son said I had ATSitis.
Got up and cleaned the house. Swelling gone. Just have to watch out for ATSitis!!!! Keep movin'.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I don't blame you for taking a break. I can't pretend I know exactly how you feel, but I can say I've felt like the moral and/or political debates and trolls and doomsday stuff was driving me insane. When those times come, I spend a week or so offline, ignoring the world entirely, doing nothing but working, eating, drawing my stories, and watching Doctor Who.

Good luck to ya Heff

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Hey Sweet Pea. Decided to post in this thread, as I sent a u2u a few days ago, and you are so popular, it's probably rolled off your message page. Hope you are feeling better. You are missed, but we understand the need to take breaks, physical and mental, from here sometimes.

Sending you healing and positive energy Heff....

Des

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Wishing you all the best, Heff!
Health is so important, and I am happy to read you are getting some assistance legally. Take care, be well, our thoughts of wellness for you are here!!

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Heff.. but.. how does that explain your giant bacon butt??

Juuust jokin
You know, and I know you know, you should get it evaluated by a physician.. so Ill save my mom beat down on you for another time. Like when you come back and say you didnt go to a physician. If you recall, before I was working with the evil legal system, I was an evil ER RN for a decade. Swollen extremities, restricted circulation and edema are indicative... or at least included in the symptomology... of a hell of a lot more than you think. Youre a brilliant mind ( even though youre a patchouli smelling hippy liberal) and I insist you take care of your health so you can inflict.. er I mean... you can share more thoughts from the ill mind of Heff with us.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Wow! I figured that this thread might get read a few times and maybe a reply or three. I mostly wrote it so that nobody would assume I got arrested or something along those lines.

I am truly touched by the well wishes!

For the record, I am currently sitting here, wearing shoes. My own shoes! And they are TIED! My left foot is still a little swollen, but only a bit. So that's got me feeling way better in and of itself - a lot less stress now.

Oh, Advantage... I don't even know what pachouli smells like. I hate hippies... I am a metalhead.
A dirty, liberal, hedonistic, rage filled metal head!

Oh, and you can mom kvetch at me, I haven't seen a doctor yet. Even my sister, who got kind of worried about me, agreed. The ER's here all know how to play the game and skirt the laws ( or at least their intent ). She works for a company that deals with such things and she seconded my experience based opinion... that going to an ER would ultimately get me zero treatment. I'd simply receive a spurious and minimalist diagnosis, and a large bill to go along with it. So I am waiting to find out what my lawyer can do for me before I deal with doctors.

Again, thanks so much for the well wishes all. I really do feel quite a bit better today than I have in weeks!

~Heff

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join