It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is this show STILL on the air???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

I happened to catch one episode the other night..not sure if it was the new one or not but the two ghosthunters were in a room with one of their detectors. What was going on was this detector in particular was going up numerically as it was allegedly picking up some electromagnetic field from a ghost.

What was really happening is this guy holding the device was panning the device from left to right. When he was saying that their was something present he would slowly move it to the left. The camera man or editor zoomed in on the device and you could clearly see that he was moving this. When he mentioned it was going away he would slowly pan to the right...

I recall in previous episodes that they noted that electrical wires, outlets or other devices would make this number change and I believe this guy was moving this towards the wall to give the appearance of a ghost in that area....too bad because I enjoyed the show and I don't like the idea of them adding fake evidence into the show.

This show is going to rank up there with Monster Hunters soon which is also amazing that it was even on the air..talk about making something out of nothing..

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm right into the paranormal and hate it when some shows that are on are easily shown as fake. We had a guy here in the UK who had his own show and his name is so memorable I have forgotten it! Anyway, my wife and I thought he was great until we went to see this 'psychic'.
As soon as he came on stage I could see he was a fake doing cold calling etc. we actually walked out with a lot of others at half time and I have never watched him again.
If any one who is into paranormal want a good laugh, then please watch this movie as I did last night and the tears were blinding my eyes because I was laughing as much! It is a spoof of paranormal shows and critics don't give it much but I thought it was hilarious!
30 NIGHTS OF PARANORMAL ACTIVITY WITH THE DEVIL INSIDE THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO
Give it a go and see what you think.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I disagree, I think the show should stay on the air for the simple fact that its giving you an inside view of these reportedly haunted locations... you cant filter out legit evidence just so you can fake it.

as long as your in a legit haunted location your still gonna get legit evidence, and thats what I watch for.

you'll know by their reactions if its legit. Like on one of the 2012 fall episodes, steve heard a disembodied voice and it scared him to the point of stuttering. If that was fake then that guy should of got an award for spectacular acting. You'll also know by their reactions if it was scripted...

I believe all these shows fake evidence but, since im interested in the paranormal and ghost hunters are one of the few show that get aired, ill watch.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
SyFy has been making some very bad programming decisions for a while. I liked Eureka, thought it was funny, but they pulled that because of $$. Then, they start with all these "Reality" shows like the one where people feel around in the dark
Only thing I watch on there now is Being Human. My wife and daughter enjoy Face Off, but I can take it or leave it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I liked this show early on, especially because they kept an open mind, and would often find the causeof "disturbances." for example, strong EMF coming from a faulty switch box. People would get a "creepy" feeling, see things, hear things, etc. They fixed the electric box - the "disturbance" went away. Electric fields can mess with people's heads. I loved that. Or plumbing making sounds. They found the observation was real, but there was a "natural" / logical explanation.

When it devolved to them claiming the saw or heard things and running away screaming like little girls with the shaky camera, I quit watching before the obvious fake "evidence" even started. What is the point? And more importantly, why would anyone watch it anymore? I know, you're asking the same question - its mind-boggling. If people want entertainment, watch movies, or mysterious television shows. Honestly, I feel as though Bad Girls' Club and the Kardashians are far more worthwile television - and I put watching those on par with peeling off one's toenails by the root, cutting up the underlying skin, and sprinkling it with lime and salt.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
I have been a part of over 6,000 investigations over the span of coming up upon 16 years. The hit rate for finding this proof for me as well as many other teams was about 25% roughly. That's only 1500 cases out over 6,000 investigations. Out of those cases our hit rate (that we have learned) is 1237 cases to be exact.

hmmm 6000 cases in 16 years? 375 a year for 16 years? Over one a day? Forgive my skepticism but I'm not buying it.

But to the crux of your article: TAPS was fake, is fake, and will forever be fake. A contrived show on a goofy network.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
I don't blame them for doing what they've done to maintain "relevance" in the genre, but being as how I still take investigation of the paranormal seriously, I haven't watched a single episode since I was rejected due to a lack of acting history.

Hiya.

You were rejected from being on the show? As an investigator or something else ... ? Curious.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

I was going to be on the investigation team, in other words, I would have been one of the people that the viewers watched.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Which is why I used to watch but no longer watch.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

The problem is this. There ARE people who do want to know if Ghosts are real or not. When a T.V. show decides to fake evidence, it dilutes the whole process, and puts serious investigators and investigations at risk.

I wouldn't watch that show if you paid me.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Foundryman

I said earlier I that appreciate skepticism. I have been in over 6,000. I never mentioned one a day. We had days where we performed up to four different investigations in one day. Not every day was an investigation. I at one point was so into it that it was done every night for 9 straight months.

edit on 19-1-2013 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

While your point is obviously valid, it is a show and not a documentary. Anyone that uses a prime time television series for research is putting their faith in the wrong place.

If people want to get the only undeniable evidence of the paranormal that there is, they should go on investigations themselves, otherwise everything is questionable. It's the nature of the beast.

They wouldn't have to go on dozens of investigations, just a few to learn how to use the equipment and the proper etiquette for an investigator.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Maybe they had to fake it because they came to the realization that there is little to no evidence for the paranormal and the little there is can be explained away or is inconclusive.

Once they realized that they were not getting close to catching casper they decided to start making some big bucks by faking it.

Chasing ghosts is a fools errand. I think you would have better luck contacting such entities, if they exist, the way they were contacted in the past.. by crystal balls, and rituals.

edit on 20-1-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I absolutely LOVE Grant, a really really nice guy and I agree with you OP in your statement that maybe he had a bit of consciousness, he actually was treated really badly over that jacket pulling incident, a ton of people accused it of being fake and I think it's the reason why he left, he just couldn't shake it.

when myspace came out I immediately became friends with Grant and Jason and at that time they had about 2000 friends and Grant actually took the time to read my little blogs and leave really nice feedback and that left me thinking he is a really cool down to earth guy, since he didn't have to do that, I didn't ask him lol.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I used to love this show when it first came on and watched it for a couple of years. But I stopped watching several years ago.

It's disgustingly FAKE

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I liked the show at first, but just came to not like the people on it. They're just 'not my kind of people'. Particularly Steve Gonsalves. Ya know, the guy that is scared of a fly. After seeing the live halloween show where Grant obviously had a device in his jacket, raising up the collar, that was it for me. He immediately became an untrustworthy scammer/liar. Now he's pursueing his piano carreer. He doesn't seem to be a very articulate pianist, to me. It just comes off very amateur. Later, it seems that Jason has gotten arrogant. When TAPS is talking to the person who called them, Jason asks them: What do you want from us? That always seemed arrogant to me. They want you to document it you idiot! What else would they want? You to set up a dinner date? I'm sure Jason and team would try and convince them that they could if it meant ratings/$$money.

And then they(TAPS), try and portray themselves as super heroes, Roter Rooter employees by day, ghost busting super heroes at night, rushing to the need of a family being terrorized by an entity. Rediculous. They proceed to lie to the family, assuring them that they "can help". Really? Observing the paranormal helps? They just give out false hope to people who are being harrassed by paranormal circumstances. It all seems rehearsed to me.

And I've just been waiting for Steve and Tango to break out into a make-out session. There is so much pent-up sexual frustration between these two that it's about to explode. I really believe that. Then, there's these other members who I cannot seem to connect with. Why aren't there any SERIOUS redneck ghost hunting shows? Why is it always these type of people? I guess us country folk are just too dumb to investigate the paranormal---Even though we've been doing it just as long as they have.

And there's this thing where, right before a break, Steve screams and is shaking like he has seen Satan. When they come back from break, it appears that Steve has come into contact with an ant or something and is just completly, psychologically broken. I don't get it. This guy is afraid of everything...well, except ghost hunting. It's annoying to me for some reason. This guy is like a little, emotionally frail girl. And he has to speak perfect english, accentuating every word. I think he just likes to hear himself talk. I cannot watch this stupid show anymore.

The alternative is Ghost Adventures. What an alternative. Zakk Baggins, Arin Goodwin, Nick Groff. Annoying is too light of a word to describe them. But they always seem to get "great evidence". And you really have to like when Zakk gets possessed. I try and watch with a straight face but usually just end up shaking my head in embarrassment for him. I'd like to see other people get a chance at a paranormal show. It just doesn't make any sense. We need a couple 'good' paranormal shows because what we have now just isn't getting it. These are just my opinions. No offense to fans or anybody.
edit on 20-1-2013 by Fylgje because: to add to

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

This post had me cracking up!!, Steve and Tango pent up sexual frustration lmao!!!! Great Post!!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
i watched for a couple of episodes...but,....all evidence seems to center on air drafts, electrical pulses, vague sounds, moving shadows...all which can be easily explained or faked. no more watchie for me....c-span is more interesting.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by fastbob72
Most Haunted was only ever entertainment surely,it was good in terms of the great locations and stories but the actual paranormal side of it was pretty far fetched.All the screaming used to do my head right in too

As for Ghost Hunters I agree it was a great show at the start.I liked how they didnt use mediums and seemed to look to debunk first before going down the paranormal route.

At the very beginning of the show they did use mediums.

I have always found it interesting that they go around trying to prove the paranormal yet # on mediums. Strange dichotomy that; same on most other of this ilk as well.

When I watch these shows I just take them with a grain of salt and remember that I am watching TV where ratings is king and reality is not a necessary character in the show.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What do yall think of these guys?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join