It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firearms instructor leaves gun in school bathroom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hi all

Well Ohio wants to arm janitors and other states want to arm teachers, now we have guards that are hired to protect the school leavin their damm gun in the bathroom at said school... I think maybe we should rethink arming teachers and janitors..

I mean what the hell is your gun even doing out of its holster in the school? No one was hurt and they retrieved the gun

I think if we start arming teachers it will only be a matter of time before we here about a teacher shooting a student and the debate will do a 360 and everyone will say no more guns in schools..

rt.com...

In response to last month’s massacre in Newtown, a Michigan charter school hired a firearms instructor as a security guard – only to find that the armed guard forgot his gun in the school bathroom.

The school took the National Rifle Association’s advice in hiring an armed guard, but the retired Lapeer County Sheriff’s Dept. firearms instructor, Clark Arnold, endangered students less than a week after he was hired by forgetting his deadly weapon in the school bathroom

edit on 18-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

why wasn't he supplied his own locked bathroom in the school.

what's he doing using a public bathroom. he's to be patrolling the hall ways, not going to the bathroom. if had his own washroom, he wouldn't have left his gun on the toilet.

either way, he's incompetent, because if he would have forgotten the gun in his toilet, he would have had nothing to defend the students, the teachers or anybody else.

then that would be grounds to dismiss him.

but the fact is he didn't. therefore the blame goes to the school and the security guard. but since lives are at stake, it's good this happened.

but to prevent this from happening again he should have his own locked bathroom where he can hang up his holster and gun securely.

and he should be given a second chance as long as he understands certain conditions, because of the seriousness of what happened to him and the school without any lives lost, its better to have a guy who learned this lesson and will know not to repeat it than someone who has no idea that is a possibility.

but that depends on a what is the best course of action.

but if a new guy is hired, the school should post or make follow protocols.
edit on 18-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I don't trust teachers with guns. I've had too many psychopath tyrannical teachers to ever be comfortable with that. A bunch of them already try to diddle their students.

Shootings that are the result of anger are much more common than mass shootings.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

what's he doing using a public bathroom

Who cares...?

Why was his gun out of his holster...in a public bathroom, in a pubic school..?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Whats to prevent a child from coming up behind him and taking his weapon?

Happens all the time to law enforcement officers.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

thats a valid question

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I have seen this happen with very high level employees of the government as well. The opposite side of the argument will jump on anything that could possibly dismantle anything they are trying to do that will keep the children safe yet not infringe upon the citizens rights to keep and bear arms.

2nd Amendment: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

A WELL: Someone or something in a good or satisfactory way.

REGULATED: control or direct by a rule, principle, method.

MILITIA: A military force of civilians to supplement a regular army in an emergency.

BEING NECESSARY: Existence is required to be done, achieved, or present; essential.

TO THE SECURITY: The state of being free from danger or threat.

OF A FREE: Not under the control or in the power of another.

STATE: A condition of being in a stage or form.

THE RIGHT: Free from error; in accordance with fact or truth.

OF THE PEOPLE: The citizens of a country.

TO KEEP: Have or retain possession of.

AND BEAR: (of a person) carry.

ARMS: Weapons and ammunition; armaments.

SHALL NOT BE: To not exist.

INFRINGED: Actively break the terms thereof.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I never leave my 'deadly weapon' in the bathroom as it goes everywhere I go. It has to as I was born with it

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

I mean what the hell is your gun even doing out of its holster in the school? No one was hurt and they retrieved the gun but he was fired..

Am I skipping over the part of the article saying that he was fired?? I didn't read that part.

the article does say he retrieved the gun before a student came across it. and also that it

provided that ‘slim’ chance for another Newtown-type massacre at the school of 500

i dont know how one would kill 26 people with one handgun...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Am I skipping over the part of the article saying that he was fired?? I didn't read that part.

I thought I read that he was fired I guess i was mistaken.. ty I edited the op

dont know how one would kill 26 people with one handgun...

I guess they could reload

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I wonder if this guy was an ederly old timer or a total idiot middle age moron playing with the thing?
edit on 18-1-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I can tell that everyone asking "why was his gun out of the holster" has never carried before.
Depending what style holster you use.... while you are on the crapper, the gun will either lay over onto the floor because of the weight or it can fall out of the holster.
When I would use the crapper, I'd remove the gun from my holster and place it in the crease made at my hip and leg when sitting down.
This way my gun would not rub all over the restroom floor or fall out of the holster, plus I would not forget it.
Plus I did not like my gun so close to the floor and a half bathroom wall where someone may see it and grab it from me.
Humans can err, it happens.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
I wonder if this guy was an ederly old timer or a total idiot middle age moron playing with the thing?
edit on 18-1-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

here you go

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
where is this 2nd amendment debate going? the dude at jcpenny? why dont u just wear a huge machete and call it even. or just print a shirt that says I hate you

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
He should now be the Fired Firearms Instructor.

new topics

top topics

join