It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fringe Series Finale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
So what did everyone think?

I liked it and thought it did a great job in ending the show on a positive note..
Personally I put it above the endings of Lost, 24 and about on par with BSG.
For me the two best endings I have watched are:

1. 6 Feet Under : nothing else even comes close for me to the last 10 minute segment of this show. If you were a fan this sequence was an absolute emotionally stunning perfect ending.

2. Deadwood: Not nearly as good as the 6 Feet Under ending but for me the finale episode worked ..the tension of that final season didnt really get resolved..it just left you feeling sort of what i imagine living there would have been like..frustrated yet hopeful.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
So what did everyone think?

I liked it and thought it did a great job in ending the show on a positive note..
Personally I put it above the endings of Lost, 24 and about on par with BSG.
For me the two best endings I have watched are:

1. 6 Feet Under : nothing else even comes close for me to the last 10 minute segment of this show. If you were a fan this sequence was an absolute emotionally stunning perfect ending.

2. Deadwood: Not nearly as good as the 6 Feet Under ending but for me the finale episode worked ..the tension of that final season didnt really get resolved..it just left you feeling sort of what i imagine living there would have been like..frustrated yet hopeful.

What episode is the final as I just downloaded it a few hours ago and haven't watched it yet?
I agree with you with the ending of 6 feet under, it was brilliant! Watched it from first episode.
edit on 18-1-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I want to know how far in the future Walter and Michael have gone.

They left it open for follow-up movies. That'll do.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I enjoyed it. I'm glad there was closure between Peter and Walter.

They even brought back the white tulip signifying forgiveness which was sent to Peter from Walter all the way from season 2's episode "White Tulip".

...Yeah I had to do a little research to figure that one out haha.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Fringe has been my favorite show since it's beginning.....and I loved the ending and cried several times! I was especially touched with the display of love between Walter and Peter and September and Michael....it was portrayed so beautifully by the actors.I think Olivia is my favorite heroine of all time, she has so much courage and strength (qualities I admire in women) and I just loved how Michael indicated to her to quiet her mind when she was searching for a way to save their situations, how perfect that was for someone who would do anything to save those she loves! I liked too how the series started with Walter rescuing his son as a child and ends with Walter rescuing another man's son as a child. This finale was filled with so many great scenes and I am so sad to see such a brilliant series end!! I can only hope that there will be a movie or mini series in the future that will explore more of the Fringe world.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well I feel cheated! I have watched this from day one and to end it like that was rubbish and pathetic in my own opinion. Everything was building up then off they went into the future and a small section of them playing with their daughter and that was it? If they had done something like the ending in six feet under it would have been better....

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
SPOILER ALERT!!!

Originally posted by Obsrvr
I want to know how far in the future Walter and Michael have gone.

They left it open for follow-up movies. That'll do.

2167 if memory serves. It's how they'll change the "template" and eliminate the other future probability.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1If they had done something like the ending in six feet under it would have been better....

I do not believe their has been a better closing segment for a TV show then the Claire drive sequence in Six Feet Under... Just stunning even when I watch it now on Youtube.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Didn't catch that. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obsrvr
reply to post by beezzer

Didn't catch that. Thanks.

Yah, I think Semptember actually told Walter that was the year he needed to go to so Michael could meet the scientist.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Obsrvr

The year was 2167.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Yes, that was the year the experiments led to doing away with human emotion.

The observers were from 2600 something, forget the exact year.

Anyone notice the hash tags during the show?

One was. Keep looking up.

Then another one that was strange, blanked out on it now.

The got my interest up.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Anyone notice the hash tags during the show?

One was. Keep looking up.

Then another one that was strange, blanked out on it now.

The got my interest up.

The other one was something like, we crossed the line, or some variation on that.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Has anyone figured out why the Observers ate so many hot peppers?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Obsrvr

Yeah, it was mentioned in one episode.

Their sense of taste is deadened, they have to eat really spicy etc food to get any taste from food.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I wonder why that would be.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I have been a huge Fringe fan. I didn't watch it at first - didn't know about it. Then when I did notice commercials for it or flipped past it, I thought it was off and hard to follow. And then one night, I was bored and watched a full episode and realized what I had been missing. Hooked!

The finale was not what I thought it would be, but it seemed to be just what it needed to be. If that makes any sense.

I really was sad to see September hit. I had tears when his son brought out that music box.

Each character had such powerful, heroic personalities--in softer, more intellectual ways than a typical TV hero/heroine.

I will MISS this program. It sometimes felt like we were all receiving truth about the world written somehow into the stories through symbolism, scenery, music, and so forth. Not saying we were (okay that would be crazy
but saying it felt so special to watch such a unique show that while so sci-fi in nature, didn't drip with stereotypical treatments of sci-fi, nor did it venture too far into sentimental mush, action/chase, or drama.

Okay, stopping now, too tired to make sense

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Obsrvr

That's what I don't get either, I think they inferred it had to do with the deadening of emotions too?

Not much science behind that.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think they did a good job of bringing it back a bit...after so completely jumping the shark.... I'm cool with it.

new topics

top topics

join