It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shopping with Assault Rifle Strapped to his Back at Utah J.C. Penney

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by JonPrice

But I wonder.. how many lives he would have saved if things had gone bad. I mean, he's obviously taking on that responsibility. He is out there acting like a police officer by deterrent. So had someone come in to rob the bank, he is obliged to take action.

The only thing he had loaded was his Glock 19C, so how was his AR-15 going to save anybody if it was unloaded? How fast can you load an AR-15 in a situation loaded with multiple AR-15's?

From a bank robbery aspect.

He would of been toast and lucky to even fire off a shot.

According to Kelley, the rifle was an unloaded AR-15 and the handgun was a loaded Glock 19C.

edit on 19-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

people are flipping the # out on just about anybody that has a gun in public.

Good, maybe people will learn that it's not acceptable to act like gangsters in public. But probably not.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by hawkiye
Why would a car need to go into a theater when they kill millions on the streets...

Oh and they do crash into theaters too... fox40.com...

LOL the point is they don't. Cars kill people because of accidents, a car's main purpose is not too kill. Cars are, as much as I hate them, also arguably necessary, guns not so much.

People don't go into cinemas with guns and accidentally kill people.

If cars aren't made to kill then why dop they kill millions of times more people and are hundreds of times more dangerous. Guns are needed more then cars they win and preserve freedom and save lives. Cars do not save lives they only take lives.

link   
I would rather the country not look like Somalia, so I don't think I'm for this kind of protest. And it is a protest. I think there are better things to protest than the right to carry firearms to J.C. Penney. I don't believe most of the people all pissed off about the second amendment are in fear of the government. I think they're in love with the power of having a firearm.

link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

OK so he was a law abiding citizen until he entered the cinema, so what?

Point is no one new what he was going to do, so the argument about law abiding citizens is nonsense. How do I know if you walking down the street with a rifle is not going to shoot me, or other people?

I really don't want to see people walking around with guns, sorry. Cops with guns make me nervous enough, without seeing some stranger who I have no idea if they are even trained to use a gun.

I have nothing against guns, I was quald as sharpshooter with a 38 and 45, was also quald to carry a shotgun on duty in the Nav, I just don't think an armed citizenry is the answer.

link   

Originally posted by CB328

Good, maybe people will learn that it's not acceptable to act like gangsters in public. But probably not.

Shopping at J C Penney...Now That's Gangsta!!!

link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
I can't believe how many Americans must have failed Economics or government-based classes in high school, to not even know the founding fathers, founded a constitutional republic...

Agree.

I don't think many schools teach anymore, Period.

Government operates as representative democracy, through Congress. I think that's where people make the mistake.

america is a republic

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Cars kill people because of accidents, a car's main purpose is not too kill.

Says who?

Someone driving the car to get to point A and B, or the Guy who purposely runs someone over ?

Anything can be used as kill. A guns main purpose is to kill, or to sit on a shelf all day.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

OK so he was a law abiding citizen until he entered the cinema, so what?

Point is no one new what he was going to do, so the argument about law abiding citizens is nonsense. How do I know if you walking down the street with a rifle is not going to shoot me, or other people?

I really don't want to see people walking around with guns, sorry. Cops with guns make me nervous enough, without seeing some stranger who I have no idea if they are even trained to use a gun.

I have nothing against guns, I was quald as sharpshooter with a 38 and 45, was also quald to carry a shotgun on duty in the Nav, I just don't think an armed citizenry is the answer.

then you belong in another country, the 2nd ammendment is rather specific that it IS indeed the answer, you disagree with it thats fine go elsewhere

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Sounds like a personal problem to me...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye

america is a republic

A republic IS a representative democracy.

Why do so many not know that?

A distinct set of definitions for the word republic evolved in the United States. In common parlance a republic is a state that does not practice direct democracy but rather has a government indirectly controlled by the people.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
I would rather the country not look like Somalia, so I don't think I'm for this kind of protest. And it is a protest. I think there are better things to protest than the right to carry firearms to J.C. Penney. I don't believe most of the people all pissed off about the second amendment are in fear of the government. I think they're in love with the power of having a firearm.
and all those in support of gun control are in fear of those with said power, as they themselves dont have such power, they fear that those people have power over them

its true, anyone with a gun is capable of power over anyone without a gun, wich is exactly why everyone should have a gun,

no law will keep them out of criminals hands, pass all those laws and your left with nothing but criminals capable of having power over you,

dont pass the laws and you yourself can have that power over the criminal, its much simpler then people make it out to be.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Gangster??

Theres nothing wrong with showing the government who the boss is.

"25 States allow anyone to buy a gun, strap it on, and walk down the street with no permit of any kind: some say it's crazy. However, four out of five US murders are committed in the other half of the country: so who's crazy?"
Andrew Ford

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

america is a republic

A republic IS a representative democracy.

Why do so many not know that?

A distinct set of definitions for the word republic evolved in the United States. In common parlance a republic is a state that does not practice direct democracy but rather has a government indirectly controlled by the people.

en.wikipedia.org...
that is drasticly over simplifieing it, the idea of THIS republic is that no majority vote can change its base, that being the constitution, as in, it dont freakin matter if the majority of americans dislike the 2nd ammendmendt it isnt going anywhere, that would be this idea of a republic, as your very own 'wikipedia' link states it has very many different varied definitions

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

and all those in support of gun control are in fear of those with said power, as they themselves dont have such power, they fear that those people have power over them

its true, anyone with a gun is capable of power over anyone without a gun, wich is exactly why everyone should have a gun,

no law will keep them out of criminals hands, pass all those laws and your left with nothing but criminals capable of having power over you,

dont pass the laws and you yourself can have that power over the criminal, its much simpler then people make it out to be.

It sounds like you're proposing some bizarre health insurance, where we all have to have a gun to protect ourselves from everyone else. Is this the type of country you would want? What about the part of the constitution where it says, "We, the people"? How is there a "we" if everyone is walking around with firearms to protect themselves from everyone else?
edit on 19-1-2013 by trysts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Says who?

Someone driving the car to get to point A and B, or the Guy who purposely runs someone over ?

Anything can be used as kill. A guns main purpose is to kill, or to sit on a shelf all day.

But you're making a ridiculous argument.

Yes anything can be used to kill, so I guess we should just allow people to have any kind of weapon they want eh? We should just make it easier for people to kill, because they could use anything anyway?

People generally don't shoot up crowds with cars, or knives, or bats. You will never fix the problem of crime by arming everyone.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

A republic IS a representative democracy. Why do so many not know that?

Since when has this country ever been a "representative democracy" ? all I have seen from Washington is crap rolling down hill.
edit on 19-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The only thing I take issue with is how he has it slung on his back however that is mainly because it is attached differently to the weapon. It should be strait up and down but sometimes they will just settle that way when carrying them it isn’t a big deal. I am certain the chamber isn’t loaded that is basic common sense for anyone with training. I do not take issue with a magazine being in it in fact that keeps dust out. I have no doubt he is doing this to make a point and applaud him for doing so. I would be a bit nervous in his position for fear that someone would over react.

Speaking of which I had recently read an article where a man had his CC on him shopping at Costco and one of the employees freaked out called the police hysterical when the police showed up he was shot and killed by the police but all he was doing was shopping. Costco has rules against bringing firearms in stores even where CCW is legal. The man was killed because of a hysterical anti-gun Gestapo Nazi.

Anyway as long as the store doesn’t have a rule against him carrying a weapon then I see absolutely nothing wrong with what he is doing. Of course he is proving a point he is being an activist. If you don’t like guns you don’t like his point if you do then some may still take issue however I do not.

I see from the picture he has a pistol as well so for those who are worried about someone trying to take the rifle away from him I would say you would have to be an idiot to try and if you did try my money is on him being able to stop you.

I say good for him. Maybe those of us that are pro 2nd amendment should designate a day each year as national open carry day. Kind of like take your kid to work day except with guns. I know some people that think of their guns with about the same affection as their kids.

Lighten up people and find a sense of humor. BTW did everyone know that Australia has also banned BB guns, Paintball guns, cross bows, Blow guns, Potato cannons, sling shots, double edged knives, fireworks, just about all Ninja crap like knum Chucks, some squirt guns, some video games, literature, web sites, and movies, also laser pointers you can go to prison for 2 years with a 10K fine, and the one I really don’t understand Yo-Yo’s of a certain type. That isn’t a joke. If there was ever a case to be made for banning guns being a slippery slope then Australia takes the cake. There is actually some calling to ban boomerangs there as well.
Here is a thread on it. It is worth a good laugh so check it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
So honestly lighten up people please. And get a grip. We do not want to become a total nanny state. It is already bad enough.

edit on 19-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: fix link

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonPrice

So A Guy Walks Into JC Penny With An Assault Rifle Strapped To His Back...

Hurry up and finish the joke. I don't have all night.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

It sounds like you're proposing some bizarre health insurance, where we all have to have a gun to protect ourselves from everyone else. Is this the type of country you would want? What about the part of the constitution where it says, "We, the people"? How is there a "we" if everyone is walking around with firearms to protect themselves from everyone else?
edit on 19-1-2013 by trysts because: (no reason given)

no no you dont have to protect yourself from EVERYONE else, only from those who would wish you harm, as that is a fraction of EVERYONE, so dont generalize it, and yes, no matter what you think the government may be capable of doing to protect you, it is simple fact that only you can protect yourself,

it doesnt matter if thats the country you want or not that is simply the reality of life, self defense is the only true defense, all else is inneffective,

the real question here is do you want a country that will PERMIT you to defend yourself? or would you rather live in a country were you are NOT ALLOWED to defend yourself and must wait for the men in blue to drive to your location after phoning them,

tis your only options
edit on 1/19/13 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join