It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shopping with Assault Rifle Strapped to his Back at Utah J.C. Penney

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by LeLeu

is'nt the US the greatest democracy in the world?

Yep.

Even with our failures.

nope, its a republic
edit on 1/19/13 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JonPrice

This should raise a lot of damn red flags....After these recent gun shootings; people are flipping the # out on just about anybody that has a gun in public....Like the 2nd amendment don't exist...What a shame...This country is going in the #ter...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'm all for exercising your rights, but wearing an AR crossbody strongside muzzle down is tactically unsound. I'm not an Open Carry guy, if you want to...have at it, It's basically saying "Shoot me 1st". The way the AR market is right now, that dude is might as well be walking around with $2500 Duct Taped to his back in a zip lock bag.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
.... this scares us......

point made

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Good job.....I can't believe how many Americans must have failed Economics or government-based classes in high school, to not even know the founding fathers, founded a constitutional republic...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
This guy is a dumb ass, and a menace. He's only trying to provoke people.

Let's say you are walking into the mall with your kids, and you also happen to carry a concealed firearm. Now, you see this guy coming toward you with an AR15 - how are you supposed to know if this guy is sane and abiding the law, OR another James Holmes getting ready to light the place up? If I were to cross paths with this guy, I would consider it my civic duty to draw my weapon on him and detain him until police got there to determine his intentions. Of course it would also be very easy for that to escalate tensions...

Again, this idiot is just trying to provoke a reaction. NOT helping the situation with gun violence at all.

The dumb A's are those who think government is going to make them safe and push big government "liberal" fascism as a justification.

That "Hypthetical" scenario is the perfect example guilty until proven innocent just like all gun owners are regardless of actions.

The only thing that matter to some is "intent" and woulda coulda crap so much for due process.
edit on 19-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Professionals DO NOT behave this way.In fact this scares us.Anytime someone leaves the magazine in that is a live weapon.I have no choice but to cover the idiot with great care by any means neccessary.
It is provacative and as such it is a fear tactic. I don't need this to prove a thing about guns.
Not to mention you are walking around with a "shoot me" sign on from concealed carry point of view.

Of course you have a choice. You have the choice to mind your own damn business as long as he's not harming anyone its none of your damn business!. So the guy is not up to your standards to bad mind your own damn business.

And a supposed professional like you is scared? Wow. Why is it you think you have a right to tell everyone else what to do? You think your service gave you some right to violate others rights? Like I said mind your own damn business. The guy is no threat and you need to dial down the Billy badass routine..

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
people live in a constant state of fear from guns. perhaps if they see some law abiding citizens carrying guns they'll realize those "large scary things" are much smaller than a car, kill way less people, and save many lives.

How can you tell if a stranger is a law abiding citizen? I'd love to have that skill.

When was the last time someone drove into a theater and ran over a bunch of people?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

people live in a constant state of fear from guns. perhaps if they see some law abiding citizens carrying guns they'll realize those "large scary things" are much smaller than a car, kill way less people, and save many lives.

How can you tell if a stranger is a law abiding citizen? I'd love to have that skill.

its realy quite simple you see its called innocent until proven guilty...........

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
its realy quite simple you see its called innocent until proven guilty...........

LOL funny.

How does that work when someone is walking down the street with an assault rifle. Oh it's OK nothing to worry about the guy hasn't been proven guilty yet, he's a law abiding citizen.

Well bubba James Holmes was a law abiding citizen until he pulled the trigger.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by LeLeu

is'nt the US the greatest democracy in the world?

Yep.

Even with our failures.

nope, its a republic

I think its Sweden, or Norway based on index....
....But I don't mind agreeing to it, based on personal preference.

What is the best Republic........for $200, Alex.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

When was the last time someone drove into a theater and ran over a bunch of people?

Why would a car need to go into a theater when they kill millions on the streets...

Oh and they do crash into theaters too... fox40.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

What?

Seriously?

Hold the damn presses!

You mean guns don't get up and walk around killing people all by their lonesome?

That's not what the pundits tell me those people who go around using made up names like "assault weapons".

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonPrice

So A Guy Walks Into JC Penny With An Assault Rifle Strapped To His Back...

Cindy Yorgason was in line at the J.C. Penney in Riverdale on Wednesday when she looked up and saw a shopper with "a large gun."

Yorgason said the rifle was slung across the back of the man in front of her. When she looked closer, she saw that he also had extra ammunition clips and a sidearm in a holster on his right hip.

"It wasn’t small," Yorgason said of the pistol.

Amid a "lot of raised eyebrows" Yorgason quickly snapped a pair of photos, which she said have been going viral on Facebook ever since. She also said the first store clerkwhom the man approached refused to serve him, and everyone in the vicinity "wanted to get away."

On Thursday, 22-year-old Joseph Kelley identified himself as the man in Yorgason’s pictures. Kelley described himself as a firm believer in Second Amendment rights and said he decided to bring the guns to the store to demonstrate that they are not dangerous in the hands of law-abiding citizens.

Read more at source...

Dude! This is awesome! Props to this guy. He's either dumb or has giant balls! Flex that second amendment either way

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

LOL funny.

How does that work when someone is walking down the street with an assault rifle. Oh it's OK nothing to worry about the guy hasn't been proven guilty yet, he's a law abiding citizen.

thats wrong actualy he broke the law when he brought the firearm into the theater as the theater had a ban on firearms on the premises, so he broke the law long before placing his finger on the trigger,

and yes someone walking down the street with an AR is not doing anything wrong at all SO LONG AS the laws of that area permit it, or do you believe someone is in the wrong even when legaly in the right? your opinion now trumps law does it?

besides just exactly what point are you trying to make? that james holmes was a bad person and deserved to be treated as criminal BEFORE he commited the crime? make sense much? you want precrime and to be treated as guilty suspect of illegalities before youve even pondered commiting them then gtfo of an intended free country,

freedom is not about safety, it is about FREEDOM you want government to coddle you and protect you and keep you safe go elsewhere, here its about protecting your damn self if that "scares you" then leave
edit on 1/19/13 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Why would a car need to go into a theater when they kill millions on the streets...

Oh and they do crash into theaters too... fox40.com...

LOL the point is they don't. Cars kill people because of accidents, a car's main purpose is not too kill. Cars are, as much as I hate them, also arguably necessary, guns not so much.

People don't go into cinemas with guns and accidentally kill people.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Do you even know what an assault rifle is; or just from what the Media tells you?

I'll give you a hint, an 'assault' rifle, isn't a semi-automatic rifle...

For example, semi-automatic-only rifles like the AR-15 (on which the M16 rifle is based) that share parts or design characteristics with assault rifles are not assault rifles, as they are not capable of switching to automatic fire and thus are not selective-fire capable

The U.S. Department of Defense has long defined assault rifles as fully automatic rifles used for military purposes.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'd have to agree with wrabbit on this one. Though I support his right to bear arms, it looks to me like their is a magazine loaded, not only that but he is wearing the apparatus to garrotte him with, lever attached. Then whomever could take his fancy rifle, sidearm and maybe his J.C. Penney purchases too.

Like the old saying goes... Don't take a knife to a gunfight, and maybe don't take your rifle to go shopping!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by opthetan

"threat assessment" is part of the job.
there is no excuse for not controlling your own fear before approaching such a situation.
if you are having an uncontrollable adrenalin rush, perhaps you should wait for back up.

this event, even the picture captured from the video, is a non-threat.
anyone who doesn't see that clearly is peering though a fog of fear and nothing more.

i saw the vid on a friend's FB page earlier today and cheered

it's high-time the public got used to it.

Utah law permits this form of open carry provided it takes 2 steps to enable discharge.
gooooo Utah

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
I can't believe how many Americans must have failed Economics or government-based classes in high school, to not even know the founding fathers, founded a constitutional republic...

Agree.

I don't think many schools teach anymore, Period.

Government operates as representative democracy, through Congress. I think that's where people make the mistake.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join