It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shopping with Assault Rifle Strapped to his Back at Utah J.C. Penney

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger
reply to post by wormtongue

I live in the real world. A world where people are generally good, the government's intentions are as true as we can reasonably expect them to be, and where my freedoms are guaranteed whether or not im clutching an assault rifle between my fingers.

THAT is the real world. Not the world you live in, where the government is always on the verge of throwing you in an internment camp, and where your neighbours are always about to kick in your door and wave a gun in your face.

Your fear is the only reason you can think of to hold on to your weapon... and it is irrational fear born out of paranoia.

If you can't see that, then I feel sorry for you.

Your freedoms are NOT guaranteed except by the threat of force. You don't seem to understand that. You expect the police who's job it is to enforce the laws to protect you. You think that the government isn't corrupt and under the influence of people behind the curtains. That is NOT the world we live in. And if I don't trust others, it's people like you who are willing to give up not only your own rights, but mine as well.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

not only that, the msm likes to put a lot of attention on these mass killings in america. makes me curious as to if they might want copycats to push certain agendas, yanking chains, isolating groups as subhuman, i would rather that at least 1 in 6 people have a pistol on them. i would rather have a gun and not need it then need it and not have one. if i could offer you a little insight as to where i live, there are murders, suicides, and violent crime, but mass killings have not happened in my states history. we have open carry, people with pistols in holsters that can kill a grizzly bear. we do not live in fear of danger but acquisition of self preservation should the hour of doom presents itself. one thing i do not understand is what a scorpion would do without a stinger, what falcons would do without claws, what the bull does without horns what man does not harnessing fire and steel inventively. i am incapeable of showing fear of my neighbors or government because i have befriended my neighbors and my government should fear me and those who can prepare for their defense in a likewise manner. hasten not to judge our ways spacey stranger of toronto, for our great nations are neighbors, though i accept my responsibility to benevolently defend myself express, and govern myself. though the guy in the mall with an ar-15 was not subtle, he was doing what our ancestors did in ancient times wearing swords, maces or bows. weapon free zones are fish in a barrel. the parking lot to my town mall has a lot of trucks with shotguns, rifles both military, hunting, and bows by the way
edit on 21-1-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

aaaahhhhhh, so this is why you persist, i get it now.

Because what your doing is opportunistic pandering to an ignorant segment of the population that will take to heart whatever BS they happen to read on the internet or see on Fox News.

then i guess i'm a lost cause

i'll tell ya this tho, don't make the mistake of sneaking up behind me, even in the mall

so, you now admit that 'self-defense' is wrong, period ... did i get that correct ??

if so, thanks for telling the world that you have no intention on defending yourself, your family, your neighbor or your country ... that should work out well for ya.
Cheers

edit on 21-1-2013 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

hmmmm, thanks
... it's depressing to see you struggle.

so, let's try this again ... you said "you and your kind, like the guy in the picture" ... and i said ... are all Americans, so how are we 'absolutely insane' ??
now please, substantiate your claim, don't deflect.

deflect? struggle? I was referring to gun owners. I know for a fact that all Americans are not like you... in fact very few are. and I thank god for that.

Didn't expect you to understand even the most basic nuances of the english language, so stop worrying about it.

As for everything else you have to say.... lol. Garbage born out of ignorance and paranoia. Bravo, patriot, you are doing your country a service!

so, you now admit that 'self-defense' is wrong, period ... did i get that correct ??

if so, thanks for telling the world that you have no intention on defending yourself, your family, your neighbor or your country ... that should work out well for ya.
Cheers

Lol... christ. no surprise here.

What exactly is it that your so afraid of... and why aren't the rest of us in on it??

Keep living in your own little world, proud soldier.

edit on 21-1-2013 by SPACEYstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

if you fail to plan you plan to fail

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

It all sounds very reasonable... but I still don't understand why everyone needs a gun or every sixth person, or... anyone? To kill a grizzly? I didn't even think you had grizzly bears down there... Black bears, yea. If you have Grizzlies, I find it hard to believe there are enough of them to warrant arming 1/6th of the populous. I've been face to face with bears, never needed a weapon. They would rather eat berries or bacon. And I doubt very much that anyone would experience a Grizzly attack outside of heavily forested areas, and I can imagine a hunting rifle would do just fine.

So at the end of the day, its for defence, but... for what? Some hypothetical attack? And meanwhile, the ease of access allows people to gun down 30 people in a school.

It doesn't seem right... and I don't believe it is.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

don't suppose you're familiar with these, are ya ??

www.godseesyou.com...

"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." (Thomas Jefferson, Proposal Virginia Constitution, 1 T. Jefferson Papers, 334)

"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves...and include all men capable of bearing arms." (Richard Henry Lee, Additional Letters from the Federal Farmer (1788) at 169)

"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380)

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." (Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-8)

need more ?? i'm sure i can find some.

now, i would expect you to respond stating their outlook and ideals are outdated ... and i would say that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
however, i and hundreds of millions of Americans agree with them.

so, chew on that and then come back with some sensible commentary, k ??

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

what is hard to understand is how, in your mind, Americans became this ...

The last thing humanity needs is an entire race of people to be armed to the teeth for fear of their neighbours and government. That is no way to live...
care to clarify ??

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter

if you fail to plan you plan to fail

Yes but is it not unreasonable to always be planning for the end of the world? How many times must the gullible ATS readership go through this before they accept that things aren't nearly as bad as they are being lead to believe.

Festering paranoia, resulting in irrationality. Thats the only explanation I can come up with.

Seeing as how this argument has become unbearably one-dimensional, I'm going to opt out.

Guns are not necessary. I have never found them to be necessary, and I don't know a single person who has. If your liberties are really at stake, then they will be inadequate anyways, because rational minds will prevail and you will inevitably lose your privileges. And they are just that, a privilege, which most of you certainly don't deserve.

On the day in question, I will relish in what will be a victory for all of us.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Wow, just wow.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

care to clarify ??

no.

however, i and hundreds of millions of Americans agree with them.

and no.

You are a sad individual. Overtly aggressive, clearly just looking for a fight. Definitely the kind of guy who should be allowed to have a deadly weapon.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

or stop a guy from killing 30 people like in oregon a few years back. why not return accurate fire to save lives?
edit on 21-1-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Why not stop the problem at its source, rather then arming everyone in hopes that some good samaritan will bring his gun to the mall?

...I can't believe I even have to say that...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

A world where people are generally good, the government's intentions are as true as we can reasonably expect them to be
well then, i guess we could claim that our government is merely following your government's lead then huh ??

nah, at least Holder has to go around the laws, whereas, your country just sets them aside openly ... afterall, looks like they're cornering the market

link
Just one day before last month’s elementary school massacre in Newtown, Conn., [color=amber]Canada offered its gun merchants “new market opportunities” to export banned assault weapons to Colombia, one of the world’s most violent countries.
yeppers, you guys are setting a great example

don't feel sorry for us, fix your own criminal environment first and then worry about your neighbors ... and while you're at it, quit arming "one of the most violent countries" in the world.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

Why not stop the problem at its source, rather then arming everyone in hopes that some good samaritan will bring his gun to the mall?

...I can't believe I even have to say that...

Because there is no "problem" outside of the one the politicians made up, the media serves up, and some people believe. It's our second law and not to be thrown aside lightly over a insignificant number of deaths.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

I really think he was making a point...not a point I would make since one sales person could ask him to leave the store and he would need to leave. The reason concealed works is no one knows you have it, so a store with an anti-gun policy doesn't know one way or the other, but if they did see your concealed then they can ask you to leave, plain and simple. I'm surprised he wasn't asked...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Lol, everything you have said is so convoluted and baseless.... I dont even know where to begin.

At least your good for a laugh.

"as good as you can expect them to be". I'm familiar with the shady goings ons of governments with respects to international arms trade.... duhh?

Our domestic issues are just fine thanks... I suggest you take a close look at the number of homicides when comparing our two great nations...

www.nationmaster.com...

Take a look at "murders with firearms"... and then eat your words.

Please, stop, you sound silly.
edit on 21-1-2013 by SPACEYstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

clearly, how many Americans you know or don't know is irrelevant to this conversation.
any chance you could stay on topic ?

hmmmm, didn't your previous personal attacks earn you enough billboards next to your avatar ??

yeah, that christ complex, it sure has led to the deaths of millions.
sure hope that works out for ya.

why do i need to be afraid to be prepared ??

edit on 21-1-2013 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wormtongue

Because there is no "problem"....

Thats as much as i need to hear. Take a look at the statistics, turn on the TV... go a funeral.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

clearly, how many Americans you know or don't know is irrelevant to this conversation.
any chance you could stay on topic ?

hmmmm, didn't your previuos personal attacks earn you enough billboards next to your avatar ??

yeah, that christ complex, it sure has led to the deaths of millions.
sure hope that works out for ya.

why do i need to be afraid to be prepared ??

ahahahah. WHAT????? this is hilarious.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join