It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shopping with Assault Rifle Strapped to his Back at Utah J.C. Penney

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

earlier in the summer i saw a guy shopping with his family who had a taurus .45 on his belt. short irish farmer type guy. nobody batted an eyelash. maybe the unreasonable fear is provincial.
edit on 21-1-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

If that doesnt sound stupid to you then.... your an idiot.
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Doesn't and you're. But please don't let me stop you from calling another member an idiot.

Thats the dumbest rebuttle I've ever heard

That's and rebuttal, but it is a true rebuttal.

My understanding of freedom has absolutely nothing to do with weapons designed to take a human life... particularly in a public setting populated by people who cherish their lives and wish to keep them intact.

Your understanding of freedom has absolutely nothing to do with freedom.
That weapon was not designed to take a human life, it was designed to shoot a projectile, just like a knife was designed to cut. How you use a gun is up too you, so if you kill an animal, paper target, human, or plant, the choice is yours not the guns.

And yes, I can see the people who cherish their lives and wish to keep them intact running away from this man screaming, oh they didn't? Wonder why?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by JonPrice

So had someone come in to rob the bank, he is obliged to take action.

And if he fails to take action, or does not secure a situation, then I would hope he is charged.

Or if he thinks he's just making them aware that you can walk down the street rambo style and it's perfectly legal.

... my point being, are you rambo patriots, willing to really be 'that guy' ?

No civilian can legally "take action" against a bank robber.. If you aren't police, you can't take the law into your own hands.. By taking action, you could end up being charged..

You should only take action if you are in imminent danger of being injured or killed and are defending yourself or others.

You seem to understand in reverse what is legal. so I'm glad you aren't my lawyer.

"In the United States, a civilian may legally use deadly force when it is considered justifiable homicide, that is to say when the civilian feels that their own life, the lives of their family, or those around them are in legitimate and imminent danger."

If Mr. Bank Robber has pulled a gun and threatened to kill people, this would provide a "legitimate and imminent danger" allowing a citizen to use deadly force in such a situation.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
We are at an impass!

Here is were we are....we like guns! We wanna carry guns and have the right to do so. If you don't like it you can try to change the constitution. If you change the constitution we will try to leave your country and take our states with us. If you try and stop us...............well, lets just hope you don't try to stop us.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

since guns are designed specifically to DEFEND life ... your paranoia is palpable.
sorry to hear you embrace fear.
enjoy.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'll cut some of the BS out here...
Assault weapon....a weapon you can use to assault somewhere...to me a AR15 comes into this category..

Ar 15's can be modded to Auto fire, but that's not the problem really...it's how fast your finger can pull that trigger...
what really is the difference between auto and semi auto,,a couple of seconds...Pffft

if Private Pyle here was wearing a Shamagh he would have emptied the place and you would not have felt so comfortable around him, without the headscarf some people didn't see a threat...really...was McVey wearing a Shamagh, do most gun nut jobs in the USA wear Shamaghs...No....you dont know what anyone is prepared to do so why take the risk...

He should have been tackled to the ground and held until the Police arrived.....then had his gun licence revoked...because he's an Idiot...

edit on 21-1-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

hmmmm, and those who call for gestapo tactics should be called what ??? exactly ?
oh that's right, they already have a label ... Nazi, wasn't it ?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Again, you can call me, or other members all the names you wish if it makes you feel important, or less ignorant.

To reiterate... anyone who thinks that this "freedom loving American" is right to bring his gun to JC penny is STUPID.
So, the lawmakers, founding fathers, all freedom loving Americans, people with an IQ over 49 are "STUPID" ?
Ok, wow you got me

Really?
Is that the best you got?
Name calling?
That really is sad.

To "reiterate" he does have the right, that is why JC Penny, the police and " people who cherish their lives and wish to keep them intact" did not care that he was there.

Now please continue the name calling, but please add a Nan nah nan nah nannnnn nah, while sticking your fingers in your ears.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Assault weapon....a weapon you can use to assault somewhere...to me a AR15 comes into this category..
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Ok a few things.
#1 Where? You said "a weapon you can use to assault somewhere" (I'll assume you meant someone)

#2 Your logic dictates that every weapon, object, fluid, etc, falls into the category of assault weapon. (spitting on a person can be a class C felony assault)

#3 It does not matter what category you make up, a AR15 is not an assault weapon in the eyes of the law makers that define what an assault weapon is.

#4 You can convert a AR15 to shoot full auto, but if you have the money and know how, then you have a license to manufacture them, or you are a (very smart) criminal that can save time and money by buying one off Eric Holder.

He should have been tackled to the ground and held until the Police arrived.....then had his gun licence revoked...because he's an Idiot...

The man was not breaking any laws, so the mob would be arrested when police showed up.

Hey I know, lets go find a news reporter and tackle him/her to the ground for exercising their first amendment rights.

because he's an Idiot...
I see many people using this word who shouldn't be.
I don't think that word means what you think it means.
But hey if it makes you feel better.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Gun's are designed to defend life? Got a source on that one? Because it's pretty clear to me that metal projectiles soaring at speeds designed to cut through armour are not intended to defend anything at all....
I don't need a source on "Gun's are designed to defend life" I said guns are designed to shoot a projectile.

What metal metal projectiles soaring at speeds designed to cut through armor? Really? what speed is that? Please stop being so ignorant, educate yourself for yourself.

Guns can't be used to defend life, and I'm sure many snipers around the world would agree with you.
(That was sarcasm there
)

Regular people aren't interested in your twisted notion of what it means to be "free".
It's ok, I don't expect you to know what freedom is, assuming you are from Toronto, Canada. After all you are property of the Queen. (not even part of the kingdom, just the property)

I could point out the irony of you calling me "STUPID" and let you in on exactly what you are, but I think name calling is a violation of the TOC on ATS.

ETA: Oh and before you say "Queen Elizabeth II signed the Canadian Constitution in the 1980's under the request of Pierre Trudeau. This removed all legal ties to the British Crown." you're still her slave, so just stop.
edit on 1/21/2013 by GunzCoty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

wow, at least we aren't vocabulary challenged ... stupid ?
is that the best you can contribute ?

hmmmm, it appears that freedom, as displayed, is something the psychologically impaired will never understand

edit on 21-1-2013 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mademyself1984

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

Ar 15's can be modded to Auto fire, but that's not the problem really...it's how fast your finger can pull that trigger...
what really is the difference between auto and semi auto,,a couple of seconds...Pffft

if Private Pyle here was wearing a Shamagh he would have emptied the place and you would not have felt so comfortable around him, without the headscarf some people didn't see a threat...really...was McVey wearing a Shamagh, do most gun nut jobs in the USA wear Shamaghs...No....you dont know what anyone is prepared to do so why take the risk...

This may be the stupidest thing I've ever seen posted on ATS.

why???

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If he walked into a shop i was in, i would have clubbed him too the ground and asked questions later...simple....safer than sorry...the Idiot would have been biting his top lip and sucking on his own undercrackers for air.....bloody idiot....look at the shape of his head FFS...i have studied head shapes and his fits the bill in the ...."not the brightest bulb" category..Private Pyle written all over him..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

when or why would i have you "under the gun" ??
your paranoia is showing again

an American, first and foremost.
and you know how others feel, how exactly ?

i would suggest you do the same but apparently, you appear to be lacking adequate equipment to proceed

YOU are an instigator, and a moron, and anyone who defends this type of irrational behaviour as "freedom" is equally dumb.
see how easy that works both ways ?

on-edge ppl ?? where in Utah ??
i sure didn't see any in the video, did you ?
no one ran away, no one called in swat and no one appeared offended ... curious, aware of their surroundings, shocked ... sure, but offended ?? nope
i only see that coming from those who weren't there.

You people disgust me.
after threads upon threads of this nonsense, i would agree ... the uneducated, over-protected, squeeeemish, infantile, pleebs disgust me thoroughly

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mademyself1984

This may be the stupidest thing I've ever seen posted on ATS.

why???

Do everyone a favor. Research the assertions you made in your own post. The one I referenced as being retarded (which it was). Then get back to us with what you found out.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join