It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shopping with Assault Rifle Strapped to his Back at Utah J.C. Penney

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

barred windows... locked bullet proof glass display cases.... security systems... private security gaurds that patrol the area...

Should i keep going?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

barred windows... locked bullet proof glass display cases.... security systems... private security gaurds that patrol the area...

Should i keep going?

So...You aspire to be an opportunistic criminal only???

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by sonnny1

Well, if he even had that gun show AR- properly slung UP or DOWN I wouldn't mind quite as much but looking at him is like watching the vids of the Jihadis in Libya, Syria and other places. Umm.. There is no sense of safety whatsoever.

I just can't meet half way on this one. Muzzle discipline is a way of life, not a thing you think about to do. He's either safe or he isn't and the fact others around him in the photo don't necessarily appreciate that point doesn't make him any safer, IMO.

Perhaps he does have empty magazines and perhaps the whole thing is harmless by being unloaded ...but then maybe it's not. It really shouldn't have to be for people around the one exercising their right to have to be concerned with.

As a poster stated hes Ex Military, and carry has to be unloaded in that State. He could have used it as a walking stick, if he wanted, Not that I agree with that use.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
I think more people should do this.

Period.

I know that Dave Ridley used to organize open carry litter pickups in New Hampshire. I'm not sure if he still does it.

edit on 18-1-2013 by ClementWinters because: Added missing s.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Oh yeah, odd looking people walk into department stores and malls everyday, heavily armed. No reason for anyone to jump to conclusions or make any assumptions, right?

What if you were there with your kids?

I am all for gun rights, but damn people, there should be voluntary limits. There was no point in this, and it isn't something anyone, or any respectful gun owner would do.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

Arent all criminals opportunistic?

We are talking about hypotheticals here... you know what that means right? Theres online dictionaries if you dont. Its not in your bible so dont look there....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

His right to do so

What if the mall or store doesn't allow weapons?

I think he is an immature idiot, but then most people with those kind of weapons are.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Indeed..and playing devil's advocate a final time...have you been on a range that allows you to carry even an unloaded rifle ....with the magazine in it.... like that? Unloaded is empty magazine wells as well as open bolts. Now we can't see the bolt from this angle, but then, neither can anyone else. So we'd only know it was empty by being near him, by his saying so or by assuming security has already checked that fact.

If I hadn't seen that check, I wouldn't assume it when it's being carried in what appears as likely loaded as not.

There's no benefit arguing, of course, as we largely agree on 95% or more of everything on this topic in general. I just can't really excuse the idea of unsafe, especially as a self-appointed public representative of gun owners, as he's willingly choosing to be in being that high profile about everything. (The handgun he's carrying wouldn't make the statement alone?)

I know he was a former U.S. serviceman by the report but.. Well.. how to put this carefully? So was Charles Whitman. That doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have a screw loose. umm.. a flashback would look kinda rough.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ClementWinters

Little known fact:

In Florida, you can legally carry a loaded and unconcealed firearm while engaged in, or going to and from, Fishing, Hunting, and Camping expeditions. With some planning and preparation, a law abiding person can open carry a firearm in public and stay in compliance with the law.

To learn more about the gun laws in Florida, goto: www.open-carry.org...

Now, if we could just return to constitutional carry...!

edit on 1/18/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: if

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I truly believe that a fear of firearms is really just a lack of knowledge and or ignorance to the subject
people wouldn't be afraid of firearms if they knew more about them

I've stated before that where I went to school we had hunters education classes at my school it was for
extra credit I thought well that will earn some extra credit easily as I had been hunting with my grandfather
since the age of 7 with a trusty old .410 single shot shotgun ( as in shoot once reload) and grandpa watching me like a hawk.

anyway the class was very informative and had less to do with hunting and far more to do with firearms safety
it was well worth it and I'd recommend a firearms safety class to everyone even those that are anti-gun
at the very least you will learn a lot about the subject the do's and don'ts and so on it's good knowledge regardless if you ever plan to use it , ya just never know when you might be out hiking leaning in to give that tree a big hug while sucking on tasty granola treats and see a loaded firearm on the ground and you would know how to make sure it was clear and make it safe for others.. just saying

before I get flamed I love the outdoors and granola so the tree hugging granola comment wasn't pointed at anyone just poking general fun and now days the only hunting I do is hunting a good looking steak at the market.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speckle
its not 1776 , bro
in fact u can shove the 2nd amendment down your pie hole.. its not helping anyone but self serving paranoid delusionists
edit on 18-1-2013 by Speckle because: (no reason given)

I am sorry you feel that way about the Bill of Rights.

If you hate it that much feel free to work on amending the Constitution. Until then you do not get to pick and choose which apply and which don't.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Arent all criminals opportunistic?

We are talking about hypotheticals here... you know what that means right? Theres online dictionaries if you dont. Its not in your bible so dont look there....

I'll indulge you this once....

NO! All criminals are NOT opportunistic! Many plan their crimes quite thoroughly.

Secondly, have I ever given you a reason to question my intelligence? Does it make you feel important to belittle and demean a total stranger, because you don't have a legitimate response to a simple question?

And, lastly, my Bible may not contain the definition to the word, "hypothetical", but it does make many references to people like you...I guess you will have to read one, to infer my meaning, on that...

edit on 1/18/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: er

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The only whack jobs are those who want to disarm us and only allow government officers to have firearms so we can be like North Korea...

Dude, Australia and other countries have had firearm bands in place for many years now, and we're totally fine. Nobody has invaded us, our government has'nt locked us away into camps and we're certainly not like North Korea.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It could use a lot of work. to defend people strapping themselves with an ak 47 takes a lot of balls, sir .the NWO thing isnt gonna happen and if it is, that guy is who u want in your corner cmon get real

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

One more thing. Countries that have strict gun laws will never be able to throw their Governments out of office. They wont have the firepower to do so. Ask the 40 million who died in Chinas Cultural Revolution about it.....

You want to overthrow your government?
Do it at the poll booth, is'nt the US the greatest democracy in the world?

Some of you suffer serious paranoia

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by JonPrice

So had someone come in to rob the bank, he is obliged to take action.

And if he fails to take action, or does not secure a situation, then I would hope he is charged.

Or if he thinks he's just making them aware that you can walk down the street rambo style and it's perfectly legal.

... my point being, are you rambo patriots, willing to really be 'that guy' ?

No civilian can legally "take action" against a bank robber.. If you aren't police, you can't take the law into your own hands.. By taking action, you could end up being charged..

You should only take action if you are in imminent danger of being injured or killed and are defending yourself or others.

You seem to understand in reverse what is legal. so I'm glad you aren't my lawyer.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
reply to post by hawkiye

The only whack jobs are those who want to disarm us and only allow government officers to have firearms so we can be like North Korea...

Dude, Australia and other countries have had firearm bands in place for many years now, and we're totally fine. Nobody has invaded us, our government has'nt locked us away into camps and we're certainly not like North Korea.

I have to say that I don't live that and I haven't been there but I will say that the false facts and figures from both sides of the argument can drive you crazy, first we here that look they took our guns and we are fine then you here home invasion is up 40% and ya kinda feel like you have to rethink it, my point is it's hard to find the happy medium.

I'm glad that you are okay with your firearms being taken or even if you gave them up that's your choice and it's a personal one I would prefer to not give mine up and that others have the choice to have them.

edit on 1/18/2013 by geocom because: I have no idea how that happened

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You accused me of being a criminal.... When it was obvious the whole example was hypothetical.

Im sorry for the confusion, but its great you bring up your bible and claim it has some discription of me.... classic. That didnt prove my point at all. *sigh*

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
reply to post by sonnny1

One more thing. Countries that have strict gun laws will never be able to throw their Governments out of office. They wont have the firepower to do so. Ask the 40 million who died in Chinas Cultural Revolution about it.....

You want to overthrow your government?
Do it at the poll booth, is'nt the US the greatest democracy in the world?

Some of you suffer serious paranoia

No what we suffer from is the knowledge that our government is wholly owned by corporate and bank interests and "voting" is no longer the answer.

Wrabbit2000
I am with you on this one, the muzzle should be down and the mag removed, period.
Until more people are again used to seeing open carriers with hand guns, this does not help.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join