It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shopping with Assault Rifle Strapped to his Back at Utah J.C. Penney

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I think more people should do this.

Period.

Very well. I'm sure you will share your pics and/or videos and/or links to the news articles when you are finished with your brilliant demonstration in your local department store?

I'm as much about standing up for our rights as the next guy, but do you seriously think that this sort of haughty statement gives our cause a worthy image, or a strategic advantage? Sort of a forehead-slapper, IMO.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Both statements reflect the fact that neither myself nor - IMHO - the majority of people think your basic right to gun ownership should be impeded. That is to say, sure, own a reasonable gun for self-defense or sport.

The problem arises when those “majority of people” you speak of think you can dictate to the rest of us what a “reasonable gun for self-defense” is.

Why don’t you folks admit you’re fascists and let’s move on….

Some hypocrites don’t want us (conservatives) in your bedroom but you’re more than willing to stick your damn nose in my closet or gun cabinet. NOPE!!

edit on 19-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HeyAHuman

I'm as much about standing up for our rights as the next guy, but do you seriously think that this sort of haughty statement gives our cause a worthy image, or a strategic advantage? Sort of a forehead-slapper, IMO.

It does as far as the attention he’s given the issue.

Look how long we’ve been bantering back and forth on the topic….all because of him!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Congratulation on putting a bunch of graphs up that illustrate what I linked in my original reply to you. Does being condescending give you a sense of empowerment?

Again, I already stated that Australia has higher Assault rates then in the United States, but their death rate due to firearms is significantly lower then in America. Which means that in Australia your chances of being assaulted are higher, but your chances of surviving the assault are higher then in America.

Murders with firearms:
Australia 59
United States 9,369

You posted on graph that counters this claim, however I fail to see a source of information in your post. My source is right here: www.nationmaster.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

but, what you are gleefully avoiding is the fact that gun crime and gun violence [color=amber]haven't really changed much at all, even AFTER the gun ban.

while every other violent crime increased, gun crime barely decreased at all.
(for one or two years it did then it leveled out to a consistency comparable to pre-ban days)
edit on 19-1-2013 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by kosmicjack

Both statements reflect the fact that neither myself nor - IMHO - the majority of people think your basic right to gun ownership should be impeded. That is to say, sure, own a reasonable gun for self-defense or sport.

The problem arises when those “majority of people” you speak of think you can dictate to the rest of us what a “reasonable gun for self-defense” is.

Why don’t you folks admit you’re fascists and let’s move on….

Some hypocrites don’t want us (conservatives) in your bedroom but you’re more than willing to stick your damn nose in my closet or gun cabinet. NOPE!!

I'll make you a deal. If the right-wing never brings up gay marriage, abortion, evolution, climate change ever again, we will let you buy any firearm your heart desires.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I totally prefer to be that light sleeping, narcoleptic ex military beeznotch that may or may not be up drinking a sixer in the privacy of her own house at 2-3 AM watching Star Trek TOS or listening to some tunes...and some dumb fool breaks in the wrong damn house and gets dealt with. That's the proper way to go about things. This here with the dude and the sling SK is just ostentatious and stupid. Don't draw attention to yourself. Be like the jungle cat... Always ready. Always silent. Always deadly. Hooah.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I'll make you a deal. If the right-wing never brings up gay marriage, abortion, evolution, climate change ever again, we will let you buy any firearm your heart desires.

With that agreement your fingers are writing checks your arse can’t cash!

You got my point though. You claim we need to stay out of your bedroom but you’re more than happy to determine my means of self-preservation.

The fight will continue….

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Ummm....I usually listen to what you have to say and say yup, that seems about right......but on this one your in left field...far left...you sound like Piers Morgan. I see that the far left field thinking has sponge bathed your mind. So a supposed staunch 2nd ammendment guy like you thinks it's waaayy too scary for anyone to be carring a long gun in public? Wow, You even know that he has a round in the chamber for the pin to float on. That picture in your post the muzzle is pointing down, and even though the other picture which I do give you that one, you assume way too much. You seem to be able to ascertain that the bolt is pulled back, which is the only way to seat a round in the chamber, or that the mag is even loaded.
My personal take would be that anyone who is just making a statement such as that, would have the good sense to not have a chambered round or the bolt pulled back. Or even a loaded mag, but then I might be guilty of too much supposition and a severe lack of knowledge. I think your falling for the incrimentalization, I'm just not sure which one of the baby steps that would be. It doesn't frighten me to be around other responsible right's practitioners in the act of practicing their rights, in fact it makes me feel even more comfortable.

YouSir

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth

I fully support the right to bear arms. But an IQ tests should come with a license.

Ummm.....No you dont...you just stated that the right to bear arms is only applicable to the licensed...Therefore you do not believe in the 2nd ammendment, especially the "Shall not be infringed" part.

YouSir

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouSir

Originally posted by thedeadtruth

I fully support the right to bear arms. But an IQ tests should come with a license.

Ummm.....No you dont...you just stated that the right to bear arms is only applicable to the licensed...Therefore you do not believe in the 2nd ammendment, especially the "Shall not be infringed" part.

YouSir

Exactly! The second amendment requires no license.

This is the elitist attitude of the anti-gun left! They don’t think people above a certain IQ should have the same rights as everyone else.

Discrimination?

(Edit to add - I totally forgot that they believe EVERYONE who would keep and bear arms and exercise his/her 2nd amendment right is stupid.....my BAD! There is no hope for these elitists)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Again, I already stated that Australia has higher Assault rates then in the United States, but their death rate due to firearms is significantly lower then in America. Which means that in Australia your chances of being assaulted are higher

So let me get this straight. Even though the murder rate stayed the same or went up you don’t care as long as it wasn’t done with a gun and that is a win in your mind?

You really need to get your heads checked and priorities in order. Hypocrites every single one of you. You would cut your noses off to spite your face.

Why are you people so hung up on the way someone is killed you may as well come out and say it. You people don’t give a damn that people are getting killed as long as it is not done with a gun why don’t you start handing out machetes or claw hammers hell you guys could start national amnesty murder day free for all, no guns allowed though.

I have always known you guys were full of $h!T about actually saving lives because I can go to the corner store and buy a pack of smokes. Just admit it has nothing to do with saving people you’re just squeamish over the methods. ( sarcasm intended but only slightly)

Patriot: Hey did you hear the murder rate went up when they banned guns in Australia?

Gun Gestapo: Yeah but it is OK because not that many were killed by bullets.

Patriot: They were still killed!!!

Gun Gestapo: That part doesn’t bother me.

Patriot: What the hell is wrong with you people???????

edit on 19-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: spelling

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

That's the thing, no one is looking for common ground on these subjects. It's all or nothing to both sides and this mindset will lead to a civil war in America, sadly, and when that happens I'm on the first plane out of the country, because I don't wish to raise a family in a nation that self-destructs to a third-world status over issues that could have been resolved peacefully.

Frankly - I agree with Sharpio on what needs to happen for gun control, and these are the same measures Obama took with the 23 Executive Orders he signed. Better background checking systems, better screening for mental illness (and as someone who's researched personality diagnostic systems, the MMPI would be perfect and only 5% - 10% of the population wouldn't be allowed to buy firearms) and better facilities to deal with mental illness.

Regarding the person this article is about, his judgment is questionable because of his decision to go shopping with an AR-15. That is a weapon designed for defense of one's person/property, and with how it was slung over his shoulder, wouldn't be a useful tool in any situation to defend himself. He had a pistol which is plenty enough protection, and brandishing a AR-15 in a mall environment, while legal, isn't appropriate.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Lets just see how YOU feel, when someone walks into a store your visiting, carrying an Assault Rifle, side arm and extra clips!!

Lots of silly legal nonsense and hypocritical talk here. I bet every single one of you would be on SERIOUS alert, if not downright paralyzed with fear, if a person approached you like this in a shopping mall, armed to the teeth.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Cuervo

Prepared to get shot by a cop, maybe.

Then that cop would be going to jail.

Just as a side note, and there's no "race card" attempt here, but what do you think would be the reaction if this guy was a minority instead of a white man?

When someone prefaces a statement with “no race card attempt” that means that person is about to play the race card.

Anyway, who cares if it was a black man?? The only people that would be worried about that are racists…you know…people who play the race card and race bait in situation where their argument has fallen apart.

I wasn't attempting the race card because I wasn't arguing any point. It was a serious question about your fellow gun owners. Many pro gun folks are not white but I always see white guys doing this on YouTube. It was seriously curiosity about the reaction.

There is a certain stigma and stereotype attached to pro-gun folks and, if a person does not match that stereotype, will they be treated the same?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Not with it slung on his back like it was. Sorry I have been to places where people are actually trying to kill me. When someone is pointing one at you then you should panic. Maybe you will think a little better of our soldiers now because we didn’t know who the enemies were just because they had a gun didn’t make them the enemy. I know you aren’t a soldier in a foreign country so maybe you should stop being so paranoid and fearful.

.........Forget it you people are incapable of understanding.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Again, I already stated that Australia has higher Assault rates then in the United States, but their death rate due to firearms is significantly lower then in America. Which means that in Australia your chances of being assaulted are higher

So let me get this straight. Even though the murder rate stayed the same or went up you don’t care as long as it wasn’t done with a gun and that is a win in your mind?

You really need to get your heads checked and priorities in order. Hypocrites every single one of you. You would cut your noses off to spite your face.

Why are you people so hung up on the way someone is killed you may as well come out and say it. You people don’t give a damn that people are getting killed as long as it is not done with a gun why don’t you start handing out machetes or claw hammers hell you guys could start national amnesty murder day free for all, no guns allowed though.

I have always known you guys were full of $h!T about actually saving lives because I can go to the corner store and buy a pack of smokes. Just admit it has nothing to do with saving people you’re just squeamish over the methods. ( sarcasm intended but only slightly)

Patriot: Hey did you hear the murder rate went up when they banned guns in Australia?
Gun Gestapo: Yeah but it is OK because not that many were killed by bullets.
Patriot: They were still killed!!!
Gun Gestapo: That part doesn’t bother me.

edit on 19-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

You're being intellectually dishonest if you believe that the murder rate will disappear overnight with the removal of firearms from the public. It will take time for the public to adjust to the new way of life, and yes, there will also be plenty of opportunistic criminals who take the newly found ban on firearms as a "Open Door" to go commit crimes. It's a long-term game to see changes in society when firearms are banned, and Australia - as well as America - will both have to deal with grandfathered firearms.

My point was that when it comes to murder, you have a higher chance of being killed by a firearm in America, then in Australia. Period.

But going over murder rates, let's look at some other figures.

www.nationmaster.com... s-per-capita&date=2006

It's curious that this website doesn't have the United States listed, but going by Wikipedia's rate of 5.5 murders per 100,000 people ( en.wikipedia.org... ) that means that it would be 55 Murders per 1 Million people, and ranks #6 on the list. Australia is #18.

Thus again, Australia is a safer place to live, even with their modicum changes in crime statistics since the banning of firearms started.

www.nationmaster.com... h-firearms We're almost #1 in this list though. Perhaps with a bit more work on behalf of the American public we can take the #2 position from Columbia.
edit on 19-1-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Wonder what he would do if the barista didn't give him extra sugar like he asked.

Next i want to see him in a bank, asking the teller for extra cash "at gun point"

Oh well the whole thread should have ended with this reply on the first page...

Originally posted by Chadwickus
So what happens when another law abiding citizen carrying a gun spots this guy in the car park pulling out his rifle and spare clips from the boot of his car and thinks he's just spotted a guy about to go on a shooting spree and shoots him?

Oh the irony, it burns.

edit on 1/19/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JonPrice

I would have complimented him on an excellent firearm and wished him well. More people need to do this, it's the right of Americans and more people need to realize this. We've become so sensitized and "scared into thinking" that anyone that ISN'T an LEO and has a gun is dangerous. Wrong!

More guns in public by responsible private citizens!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

.........Forget it you people are incapable of understanding.
Understand this, If your Capable.

Your standing on the Street Corner waiting for your kids to come home after School, and this Guy walks Past you towards the School.

You, being Understandable and all, just Smile and Wait there Patiently.

Is that how it would Happen?

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join