Man shopping with Assault Rifle Strapped to his Back at Utah J.C. Penney

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

you can draw up millions of hypothetical scenarios from your imagination, it wont changethe fact that they are only in your imagination, that didnt happen, that hasnt happened, if it did happen. then we could all sit here and judge and criticize it this way and that as we do every day behind these monitors,

besides, clearly if that were to happen that person would be in the wrong for shooting upon someone who had not comitted any crime,

anyone who goes through gun safety classes is well aware you never aim your weapon toward anyone or anything unless you are absolutely certain it is necessary for survival, you see a dude in a lot and he has a rifle you dont just automaticaly assume he is going to use it for harm, that is the state of fear those un armed people in that store are in that is why they are so scared of him, he isnt scared, nor is any other person carrying their own weapon, they reserve judgement for post actions, not pre

innocent until proven guilty is the goal of a free society, its what sets america apart from other countries were your guilty until proven innocent,

the attitude of "what ifs" and "you dont know what his mental health state is or what he MIGHT do" is all guilty until proven innocent perspective, it is not FREEDOM to think that way

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
People have been conditioned to think this is abnormal, and they have also been conditioned to think only the police and military are the only ones who can go walking around with "guns".

Yep Amerika has been brainwashed.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'm with Wrabbit on this one, that's a pretty asinine way to have a rifle strapped to you. Muzzle should be pointing either straight up or straight down, NOT LIKE THAT. I can appreciate people who prefer open carry where allowed, it's like that where I grew up mostly, but doing this screams "I WANT ATTENTION LOOK AT ME".

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Good for him! Trying to play all politically correct has gotten us in this mess. its time to be in their faces more people need to do this!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm sitting on the fence with this story, Nut job & civilian just trying to prove a point, This reminds me of when some men armed with assault rifles walked through Portland to 'educate'

Here's a video if you missed it:

Thread made on by someone else you can view - Here
edit on 18-1-2013 by JonPrice because: Double Tap

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This guy reminds me of someone I used to work with.

The guy I worked with was mildly retarded after a motorbike accident.
He loved ninjas and so joined the local ninjitsu school here.
He then went and bought a real ninja sword, suited up and drove to the parklands to do some training

After reports of a ninja brandishing a sword in the parklands came to the police, they of course responded with
STAR force officers or a SWAT team if you like. The guy I worked with was hog tied and all the rest of it.

My point is this guy with the assault rifle is a whack job and should be avoided.
Are you Americans seriously ok with heavily armed citizens strolling about the place like this guy?
And then respond by selling bullet proof backpacks and armed guards at all schools to protect your children.
Amazing, I am truly baffled by this line of thought.

Don't ban firearms, just ban nutters like this moron.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonPrice

In looking more at this, I'm seeing more wrong. I'm amazed in the thread by how far the reasoning seems to go for allowing just ANYTHING with guns simply because, technically, it's allowed by the Constitution. The Constitution is NOT a suicide pact and it's NOT a license for unrestrained stupidity. Like THIS GUY.

#1. Who at ATS has OWNED an AR-15, handled one enough to know it intimately or been issued an M-16/M-4 variant in the Service? There are things you learn about them real quick..startling little things that make understanding dawn for why things are done certain ways with THAT rifle.

Floating Firing Pin

These are 30-06 shells and a bolt action can do the same thing with a round in the chamber and it decocked, which is how I presume this happened for the center. However, this is what happens to all the .223 rounds that are chambered into an AR-15 platform. They start like the one on the left. Nice and clean. They *dimple* like the one in the middle when you close the bolt...(and maybe some don't but I never had a round that didn't when I checked and every AR- I've handled to see has too).

What do we all want to bet the odds are, he has an empty chamber in that rifle? I'll grant that he's got the basic sense to have read the little paper handout that came in the box to know the safety should be on ....but look again at that middle primer vs. the one on the right which is a fully fired one. Not THAT much difference, eh? The point to actually detonate the pin is far short of how deep the right side is.

It's called a Slam Fire when it dimples just a HAIR too far...and one of many reasons the muzzle NEVER even crosses the line of something you don't fully intend and WANT to shoot. (Many I know won't even use a shoulder holster, this rule is so strongly ingrained and followed)

#2. Anyone carry a pocket knife? Everyone? I have a real nice Case one my Dad owned and it keeps a razor's edge on it. My pocket knife trumps his big scary rifle when I relieve him of it in a close pass across his back to cut his little nylon strap.

He has a handgun you say? Ahh... and he looks fit as a fiddle, doesn't he? I'm sure he's out practicing his drawing technique and shooting at least a couple times a week, as he'd need to be, to be that fast, smooth and natural. Since...the rifle would be conveniently coming off already pointing right at him.

#3 C'mon guys.... This kind of display may not bother anyone at an NRA convention or at a firing range (Though, it would there...loaded guns don't get casually slung and carried like that, even on a range) or it may be within STRICT LEGAL right, but how "in your face" and outright objectionable do we all want to be for the entire public?

Anyone not seriously into and/or comfortable with guns and THIS guy's ability to ..well, put him aside..

ANYONE carrying a long gun in public is making a lot of people seriously uncomfortable. It's a Rambo complex and it shows..and even I, as a gun owner, would be nervous if I WAS carrying. I'd up and walk out if I were unarmed after understanding what this guy was and wasn't.

There have to be limits of common sense....even while being right. This guy is out where the buses don't run IMO.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
This guy reminds me of someone I used to work with.

The guy I worked with was mildly retarded after a motorbike accident.
He loved ninjas and so joined the local ninjitsu school here.
He then went and bought a real ninja sword, suited up and drove to the parklands to do some training

After reports of a ninja brandishing a sword in the parklands came to the police, they of course responded with
STAR force officers or a SWAT team if you like. The guy I worked with was hog tied and all the rest of it.

My point is this guy with the assault rifle is a whack job and should be avoided.
Are you Americans seriously ok with heavily armed citizens strolling about the place like this guy?
And then respond by selling bullet proof backpacks and armed guards at all schools to protect your children.
Amazing, I am truly baffled by this line of thought.

Don't ban firearms, just ban nutters like this moron.

The only whack jobs are those who want to disarm us and only allow government officers to have firearms so we can be like North Korea...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu

Hmmmm........

Walked into a Bar back in the 80's in AZ. Never saw so many people strapped with weapons, inside of a Bar.

Guess what?

Not one person got into a fight. Not one person drew their weapon.

I am ok with responsible people carrying weapons. Its their right to do so, regardless if you are painting them as "whack jobs".

One more thing. Countries that have strict gun laws will never be able to throw their Governments out of office. They wont have the firepower to do so. Ask the 40 million who died in Chinas Cultural Revolution about it.....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I would inform him that I am shadowing him and follow closely, if he attempted to handle the rifle I would hurt him for it.Otherwise I would shadow him until he got into his vehicle.
If he asked why I would say "For them" and point to the other people....and I am fast.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
NOT an assault rifle....again.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Im seeing it like this.

He knows what hes doing. He probobly has NOTHING in the Mag. He has the weapon slung behind him, to give off the presence as non-threatening. I don't see ANYONE running away from him.
I don't see ANY LEO's near him either. I would think those pictures would have been the next ones you saw, if people were that afraid.

Just my take. Hes doing what many people are too afraid to do.

Carry their weapons. Especially weapons that our Government is trying to ban, because of agenda.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
All of the department stores like Wards, JC Penney, Sears stopped selling guns by 1988

not really sure why.. back in the day these stores is where you went to buy a well priced gun.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Whats to prevent someone from smacking this guy over the head when hes not looking and taking his weapon?

Would only take one solid hit and you get a free gun and maybe some ammo too.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
you guys are sick

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

whats to keep you from breaking into a gun store and stealing everything?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The story I read, said that the man was 22 years old and former military. It also stated that in Utah, where the gentleman resides, this is perfectly legal, "as long as the weapon is UNLOADED"...

As previously stated, this was quite common until we allowed the feds to start infringing on us. The more they chipped away, the less common openly carried weapons became, until, here we are, now....OH My God! He has a "scary black rifle" slung over his back and he's in Penny's!!!

If you saw this same man getting out of his vehicle at a gun shop or gun show, or at the woods, it would be no big deal! Why are we so offended because he is at the mall? Because that's what TPTB want us to feel!

It's our own fault that this offends us! We let them "sensitize" us to it....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Well, if he even had that gun show AR- properly slung UP or DOWN I wouldn't mind quite as much but looking at him is like watching the vids of the Jihadis in Libya, Syria and other places. Umm.. There is no sense of safety whatsoever.

I just can't meet half way on this one. Muzzle discipline is a way of life, not a thing you think about to do. He's either safe or he isn't and the fact others around him in the photo don't necessarily appreciate that point doesn't make him any safer, IMO.

Perhaps he does have empty magazines and perhaps the whole thing is harmless by being unloaded ...but then maybe it's not. It really shouldn't have to be for people around the one exercising their right to have to be concerned with.

Heck, Arizona and New Mexico are both open carry with wide spread use. I saw plenty of that in the restaurants in both states while trucking. 1911's were the sidearm of choice as I'd say by memory survey. No biggy...they were openly carried but safely holstered and more importantly, not casually crossing the muzzle line with everyone in the room every time folks turned this way or that.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
I would inform him that I am shadowing him and follow closely, if he attempted to handle the rifle I would hurt him for it.Otherwise I would shadow him until he got into his vehicle.
If he asked why I would say "For them" and point to the other people....and I am fast.

Why? Are you paranoid? What business is it of yours if he handles the rifle? Who was he harming and who do you think you are that you can violate someone rights who is minding their own business? Me thinks you talk to much about how tough you think you are and what a baddass soldier you think you are... Those that really are do not talk about it....

I doubt you would have done anything because you might get handled...
edit on 18-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speckle
you guys are sick

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -- Mahatma Gandhi

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join