It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shopping with Assault Rifle Strapped to his Back at Utah J.C. Penney

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

So A Guy Walks Into JC Penny With An Assault Rifle Strapped To His Back...

Cindy Yorgason was in line at the J.C. Penney in Riverdale on Wednesday when she looked up and saw a shopper with "a large gun."

Yorgason said the rifle was slung across the back of the man in front of her. When she looked closer, she saw that he also had extra ammunition clips and a sidearm in a holster on his right hip.

"It wasn’t small," Yorgason said of the pistol.

Amid a "lot of raised eyebrows" Yorgason quickly snapped a pair of photos, which she said have been going viral on Facebook ever since. She also said the first store clerkwhom the man approached refused to serve him, and everyone in the vicinity "wanted to get away."

On Thursday, 22-year-old Joseph Kelley identified himself as the man in Yorgason’s pictures. Kelley described himself as a firm believer in Second Amendment rights and said he decided to bring the guns to the store to demonstrate that they are not dangerous in the hands of law-abiding citizens.

Read more at source...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Assault Rifle & extra ammunition clips and a sidearm in a holster on his right hip... Necessary for shopping?

+34 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonPrice
Assault Rifle & extra ammunition clips and a sidearm in a holster on his right hip... Necessary for shopping?

Maybe........

Maybe Not.

His right to do so though.

I say the mans prepared for anything.
edit on 18-1-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
That is perfectly legal in New Mexico, too, with some restrictions on where.

I don't know that I would try it by myself. Maybe if there was some sort of group organizing to make a point..

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JonPrice

I guess if someone wants to be treated like a social leper, that's up to them.

But I wonder.. how many lives he would have saved if things had gone bad. I mean, he's obviously taking on that responsibility. He is out there acting like a police officer by deterrent. So had someone come in to rob the bank, he is obliged to take action.

And if he fails to take action, or does not secure a situation, then I would hope he is charged.

If you want to be a pseudo police officer, and that is what the right to bear arms is, isn't it? Protection of you and yours, and to take down the criminal with a gun? then that responsibility should not be one that can be just cast off if the mood suits.

I wonder if he wonders why so many people appears wary of him.

Or if he thinks he's just making them aware that you can walk down the street rambo style and it's perfectly legal.

... my point being, are you rambo patriots, willing to really be 'that guy' ?

+31 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I think more people should do this.

Period.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

This young man has a lot of moxie! Sometimes in society; it takes out of the ordinary actions...to prove a point; he certainly made his.

+58 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'd be willing to bet my whole life savings that nobody got robbed, raped, kidnapped, or shot within 100 feet of him that day. Any Takers?

link   
Maybe not the best way to garner support but as long as he broke no laws; and it must be evident that he didn't nor did that store have policy to not allow the open carry; he just went to the extreme of the situation to show his opinion.

Better than the other-side of the coin, the representative in VA who brandished an AK-47 with his thumb on the trigger inside a state hall -- obviously that gentleman has no training in regards to firearms.

Both show the extremes people will go in support for their causes....I would just trust the person who has experience and training on the proper use and care of a firearm and not the one who flails it around trying to make a point.

+5 more 
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Yet you know nothing about his mental state of health.

He might be in the news again tomorrow.

For very different reasons... and the call "If everyone was as armed as he was" will be heard across the lands...

link   
Okay, I'd have words with a Military guy in uniform carrying a weapon that way. I'd ASSUME this guy was the next criminal shooter at first glance and then, just a nut job. I'm sticking with nut job though. Kinda like a certain Captain America type who tried to protect the Phoenix Occupy camp from the whole world. They walk among us! (Well, some don't anymore...but I digress)

I mean there is just something about a guy with a gun show AR-15 that gives me a chill. Perhaps it's because it's more often than not what someone doing something really stupid at a range is doing it WITH.

I have no problem with anyone who wants to worship at the Altar of the AR- platform for cleaning it like a religion. To each their own on that. It's a fine rifle in some hands. However, I don't think he's missing much on the accessory line for making it all good and battle ready like any garret trooper should.

Err.. yeah.. The guy standing on his right should take it from him and beat him over the head with it...AFTER clearing it of course....until he understands what LASING PEOPLE means. ...or to put it another way ... MUZZLE DISCIPLINE. This idiot's obviously never heard of it. A menace to everyone around him is my take.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
If you want to be a pseudo police officer, and that is what the right to bear arms is, isn't it? Protection of you and yours, and to take down the criminal with a gun? then that responsibility should not be one that can be just cast off if the mood suits.

No that isn't what the right to bear arms is. The right to bear arms is the Natural Right to self-preservation and protection of life, liberty and property.

+32 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by sonnny1

Yet you know nothing about his mental state of health.

He might be in the news again tomorrow.

For very different reasons... and the call "If everyone was as armed as he was" will be heard across the lands...

Pre-Crime, huh?

You're stigmatizing him already, without proper cause. So hes carrying his weapons. So what? How do you know he just didn't get back from the shooting range, and feared for his weapons getting stolen out of his car, while in the store?

How about stigmatizing criminals. The ones actually doing the crimes.

+11 more 
link   
YES! This is just exactly what needs to be done. People need to be exposed to firearms in public by someone other than our LEO "keepers". We need to realize that this is a Right guaranteed by our Constitution and GET USED TO IT. A couple of civilians armed like this and anyone up to no good will look for an easier target. Hey it sucks, but its reality, citizens still need this kind of looking after FOR THEMSELVES.

link   
there wasn't a day to long ago that you didn't leave the house without your rifle or a pistol.. I think the biggest problem is that not enough people wear their guns in public because they dont want to get hassled by the pigs that don't know the laws themselves...

People are scared because they aren't use to seeing it, some places you go to like here in texas I always see people with open carry and sometimes if I am not in a hurry I ask them what kind of gun they have and check it out. I have asked cops about their guns before and usually if they aren't dicks they will show it to you (not let you hold it of course lol)

I will also say that all of the cops here so far I have met in texas have been cool guys. I had a question that I had posted on here a few days ago and I found a cop to ask and he called me back the next day and had looked up the answer for me.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Agreed: This man just wanted to get a point across about something that has bothered him personally/physically.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Real American's 1 Obama 0

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You should know that you dont ever tell Bubba he cant do somthin. Hey Bubba bet you cant drink that whole keg!!
Hey Bubba I bet you wont ask your cousin to the prom! Hey Bubba bet you wont take your gun in the store with ya to get beer!

Now before I get flamed too bad I know not all gun owners and collectors are Bubbas.

+45 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
So what happens when another law abiding citizen carrying a gun spots this guy in the car park pulling out his rifle and spare clips from the boot of his car and thinks he's just spotted a guy about to go on a shooting spree and shoots him?

Oh the irony, it burns.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
people live in a constant state of fear from guns. perhaps if they see some law abiding citizens carrying guns they'll realize those "large scary things" are much smaller than a car, kill way less people, and save many lives.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join