It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA scientist rips Bush on global warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Renowned expert says data 'screened and controlled'
The Associated Press
Updated: 7:10 a.m. ET Oct. 27, 2004

IOWA CITY, Iowa - The Bush administration is trying to stifle scientific evidence of the dangers of global warming in an effort to keep the public uninformed, a NASA scientist said Tuesday night.

advertisement
�In my more than three decades in government, I have never seen anything approaching the degree to which information flow from scientists to the public has been screened and controlled as it is now,� James Hansen told a University of Iowa audience.

Hansen is director of the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York and has twice briefed a task force headed by Vice President Dick Cheney on global warming. He was also one of the first government scientists tasked with briefing congressional committees on the dangers of global warming, testifying as far back as the 1980s.

'Recipe ... for disaster'
Hansen said the administration wants to hear only scientific results that �fit predetermined, inflexible positions.� Evidence that would raise concerns about the dangers of climate change is often dismissed as not being of sufficient interest to the public.

�This, I believe, is a recipe for environmental disaster.�
MSNBC

Very interesting how the Bush administration is hiding the facts. However, Bush is quick to say he is an environmentalist president.

By the way, that scientist is conservative.

E_T

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This has been known for sometime already.
You maight want to read this also:
www.monbiot.com...-901

Originally posted by curme
“This, I believe, is a recipe for environmental disaster.”
It's also recipe for tyranny and dictatorship.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives. "
-Robert A. Heinlein

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Personally I don't see why people get so worked up over Global Warming, i've read very much on the issue and I am yet to be convinced that it is a problem that is within our control. I'm not sure how old my information is but didn't top IPCC scientists come out and say that global warming poses no real threat, and they suspected that any rise over the next 100 years would be insignificant. I believe they also said that the Kyoto Protocol could do little to combat these very slight changes in global warmth.

My opinion is that Global warming is nothing to worry about, but this is only my opinion.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Bush administration acknowledged that Earth is warming, and that the most likely cause is burning fossil fuels but yet has done nothing to fight the warming process. And now we see more Earthquakes, Typhoons, Hurricanes, Floods, Volcano's etc..., this a perfect recipe for the coming NWO.

It will happen The Day After Tomorrow. Global warming is real and Bush knows this because he is an NWO environmentalist president. I think Kerry would be no different than Bush on this matter. (same schooling :p )

The EPA www.epa.gov... says we should adapt to the warming. I would call it NWOW New World Order Warming..lol if you read the fine print the EPA is led by the Administrator, who is appointed by the President of the United States. The World is being prepped and warmed up for the inauguration of the New World Order

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It's getting very hard to do science under the Bush Administration -- unless it's science approved of by the Religious Right.

I'm trying to get grants, and I have a friend who works on the Human Genome project who's trying to get grants. She says that for the first time in her 15+ years of researching and working on this that the rules are getting so that it's almost impossible to get a grant for something that the Administration doesn't want.

Like, say, on global climate change.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
``

? isn't the Kyoto thing more hype than substance

it has all those tricky pollution 'credits' and such....

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Here is why the Bush administration is trying to stifle scientific evidence of global warming.....Arctic warming equals = oil

There, sea-bed deposits of oil and gas that have until now been cloaked in thick shifting crusts of sea ice could soon be exploitable, and ice-free trade routes over Siberia could significantly cut shipping distances between Europe and Asia in the summer. www.iht.com.../articles/2004/10/29/news/arctic.html

just my opinion lol

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a little old, but better to post in an old thread than make a new

I was thinking similar to what is presented here. The point of oil resources is magnified now that Russia claimed more sea floor.

Supposing the NWO is real ... and they want to eliminate a large portion of the population ... the easiest way is the slow way ... By allowing global warming to attack the ice in a way people don't notice in everyday life ... these glaciers will hit a breaking point, and possibly in multiple places at once, since all the ice is going through the problem. If a massive amount of the arctic, antarctic, and greenland glaciers ... broke of and melted away at around the same time, we are talking 20-60 ft sea level rising withing a relatively short period of time. This would take out more than just the coastal cities, but inland cities as well. Some people would be trapped and die, a lot of people would be in forced relocation ... the food structure would collapse, as well as health. It is actually a great way for a forced global control/government. When the North American glaciers melted, they shut down the ocean belt, and an ice age in europe ... imagine the effects acting similarly ... with all the combined disasters from each of these things combined ... you have a controlled global population (that most don't know how to live off the land) and the population greatly reduced as well. People without power freezing to death in the winter ... people having heat strokes in the summer ... pestilence, starvation ... it actually sounds like a grand design more than dumb luck for it to happen this way.

Whether you believe in it or not, I think for the most part, it makes a lot of sense if you open your mind to see it is a possible outcome. I think we are really close to losing a lot more of the previously stable glaciers ... I don't want to see the results of it, but I don't have a choice ... I am sure the glaciers will melt away in my lifetime. I think it is funny though, the ultimate result of global warming is another ice age, the irony is beautiful. The death and destruction isn't.

top topics

join