It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing time of a different kind

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I have been an avid reader and poster on many of these threads and been reading almost everything I can online about it for the past 5 years. I still find it baffling and fascinating. I have many experiences with time glitches. But recently not have had them in about 4 months. I am always happy to read other's experiences though. I absolutely love these kinds of threads! I come here to ATS and always look for these kinds of threads that have been posted recently. S&F!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hello i am new to ats and checking things out. i am druid's brother. thanks.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

Mountaingirl, thanks for your experience! You bring back great memories of cross country rode trips!
I will say this, Wyoming, while very beautiful, especially the mountainous western part, has got to be the longest state you can drive through on the midwest-west coast route.

Wish I had more to add.
Fascinating nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Sorry thread participant's, I was not able to pin point any anomalies in any of the EXIF data of the photographs. It doesn't help that I cant recall the exact photos was working when time got all glitchy.

The more I think about the experience, the more intrigued I am by dreaming and the nature of dreams.

Reading up on it now, from several perspectives. If I find anything particularly mindblowing will be sure to post.

Love

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by twtankhamwn

Mountaingirl, thanks for your experience! You bring back great memories of cross country rode trips!
I will say this, Wyoming, while very beautiful, especially the mountainous western part, has got to be the longest state you can drive through on the midwest-west coast route.

Wish I had more to add.
Fascinating nonetheless.

Hello
Ha, you're right. The 1-25 corridor is pretty awesome mid-state and to the north, the yellowstone areas are nice, but that stretch of i-80 that goes through the southern part is brutal, except for the area by flaming gorge, but you can't even see that part from the interstate! The worst driving that we ever do is on the colorado to illinois route, it feels as if nebraska will never end. The prettiest drive ever is the stretch of interstate in oregon, once you get past pendleton and start driving parallel to the coumbia. The columbia river gorge is the most beautiful place to drive through, just so green and alive, so tropical!

We will be taking our longest road trip yet, 3 weeks, in June. CO to Galveston, TX, to New Orleans and Grand Isle, LA, through Gulfport, MS, gulf shores, AL, Destin, FL, Savannah, GA, up the coast to VA and then west again through TN and eventually back to CO. So excited, happy that my kids love to travel!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by twtankhamwn

Well, that's certainly a different angle on time issues! In your case, it's like time stopped for the two of you or something. Both of you seeing the time, and the songs playing, makes a mistake unlikely. Working on the pictures, I would not use so much, because you could simply have been faster, but songs? There is no way to listen to seven songs in five minutes. That is good evidence that this was something real. Weird, but real. Not some mental issue, either, because both of you experienced the same thing.

I really don' t know what to think, though I think I would be watching clocks a lot, in your place!

Out of curiosity, does your GF remember any dreams she might have had while napping during this? No idea why that might matter, but just started wondering about that.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I've gotta agree the Columbia Gorge is gorgeous, also in my top five, actually top two. Mind you I've yet to see the Grand Canyon, but the Badlands and Black Hills of South Dakota are hauntingly, achingly beautiful. The place is sacred, and will humble you. You've gotta drive off the main roads to get to the most beautiful areas, but it's worth it and I highly reccomend it.

Safe and happy trails! Road trips with family are lifelong memories, I wish you all the best

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

This is great, she actually did tell me upon waking that she had a crazy dream, but she didn't go into details and I didn't ask. Then, after the weird time glitch thing happened I forgot all about her mentioning her dream.

Good line of enquiry GreenEyes, thanks. She's asleep right now but I'll definitely ask her.

Thanks for your suggestions everyone!

Apparently, this is happening a lot lately? I just stumbled across this thread from August of 2012.

I'm pretty well read, and have always sought out the little known in life, I guess you could say. I have never heard of this phenomena until It happened to me. I'm wondering how far back I'd be able to find occurrences like this happening.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
My wife and I many years ago got ready for a night out. We remember leaving and flagging down a taxi but that's it until we woke up in bed next morning. No hangover, still got our money but our clothes were dirty as if we had been in a fight or something but no,marks on us except some small scratches.
We were sober when we left so,that rules that out. Never found out to this day what happened.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by twtankhamwn
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

This is great, she actually did tell me upon waking that she had a crazy dream, but she didn't go into details and I didn't ask. Then, after the weird time glitch thing happened I forgot all about her mentioning her dream.

Good line of enquiry GreenEyes, thanks. She's asleep right now but I'll definitely ask her.

Thanks for your suggestions everyone!

Apparently, this is happening a lot lately? I just stumbled across this thread from August of 2012.

I'm pretty well read, and have always sought out the little known in life, I guess you could say. I have never heard of this phenomena until It happened to me. I'm wondering how far back I'd be able to find occurrences like this happening.

I don't know why I thought of that; just sort of popped into my head. Will be very interested in hearing what she says, though! I am not sure what to think; whether this is something "supernatural", or something to do with relativity, in a way we don't understand. Either way, it's odd, and should be investigated.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I spotted this thread and was wondering if anyone noticed a time disturbance in the last few days.

I read several posts in one thread on another web site. Then the next day I went back and read some more and it seemed like not much new was posted. Then I saw where one thread I had already read. The problem was I read it about 24 hours earlier but the posts were dated in the last couple of hours. I started wondering if the web site went down, if the time posted was displaying incorrectly. However noone else indicated anything was wrong.

I have joked before about slipping into alternate realities. That made me wonder if I might have slipped again and there was a slight time difference between alternate realities. I suddenly stopped getting static electricity shocks so that is a miracle by itself especially in the middle of winter. I had a lot of those last summer. The possibility of slipping into alternate realities sounds crazy but it would explain so many strange things I've seen. However I seem to forget all those strange things rather quickly. It's like it is too illogical to believe. I don't want to believe I'm slipping into alternate realities because that would mean everything I trust to remain the same, might not one day.

If I kept seeing computer glitches that showed stock prices in advance, I could live with that glitch.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

I don't know if what I've experienced the past week is so much about time-slipping as it is "alternate realities" or parallel times. On 3 different occasions in the past week, I wake up, tell my husband about a weird dream I had, talk about the weather, etc. He wakes before I do in the morning for work and I usually lay in bed for an extra 10 minutes, talking to him while he gets dressed, etc.. Later in the day, I come back to the conversation I had with him in the morning and he swears that we never spoke. 2 of the last 3 times, I was walking around, out of bed and talking to him, watch him leave for work, etc. The first time, now this is the weird part because when I read what you wrote it gave me a shudder... the first time I was telling him how I had a dream, was explaining it to him as he was in bed awake. When I finished telling him this, I rolled over to talk to him face to face and he was asleep. A minute later, I asked him if he had heard what I said and he said no, he was just waking up and never heard me at all. Still a little sleepy, I suggested that it has happened again, that it was weird, thought I was talking to him and having this moment with him, but that it must have been a time slip, felt like I was in two realities at once. The wording itself was strange for me to say.

I know I wasn't dreaming the last two times, but I swear I wasn't the first time, either. I had actual memory of this, much different from a lucid dream or something like that, because I lucid dream all of the time. I have no idea what happened this week, but at the end of the day when I mention our morning conversation, he just looks dumbfounded because he has no idea what I'm talking about.

Maybe time isn't weird for this week, but footing in reality sure is

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Whenever people, in particular other guys don't remember a conversation, I believe there is a possibility they were not really listening in the first place. I have witnessed my brother and father at times act like they were listening and talking but their mind was elsewhere so they had no memory of any conversation. My own mother accuses me of doing this sometimes. It's mainly because she talks and asks questions during the middle of a tv show I am trying to watch and she is all quiet during commercials when I wouldn't usually care if she was talking. As is I've learned to try to ignore all her rambling when I'm trying to read the paper when I visit her but I do occasionally talk to her.

There could be a shift in reality. It could be that someone is distracted with other thoughts so they might not remember a conversation. Of course I'm trying to apply logic to something that might not have a logical explanation. I've been accused of saying things I have no memory of. Maybe I have so many things on my mind I just forget after a while.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join