Son charged with stealing father's body from cemetery.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The death of his father may have caused him to have a psychotic break. Or he could have been unbalanced before. Who knows.

Sounds like this guy needs mental health work long before prison.

Hopefully this guy can be rehabilitated.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Agarta

At least he wasn't trying to dig up an old girlfriend 'cause he was horny...

Who says it has to be an old girlfriend?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Agarta

People can flip out all sorts of ways when they are grieving. Maybe he is into Voodoo, or maybe he saw Pet Semetary one time too many and convinced himself that his basement sits on top of a Micmac burial ground- who knows? The important thing is this man doesn't need to be in jail. He needs to be in a good medical facility with an outstanding psychiatric unit.

Exactly what I was going to say. Good post.

To add:
He just misses his dad and cannot accept a life without him and is trying anything, though delusional, to bring him back. He's just grieving. Get him outta jail now and comfort him and get him the help he really needs.
edit on 19-1-2013 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
No man can "steal" his father.

If the boy wanted to put pops in his freezer.....there's no law saying he can't.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
I know that they say the power of prayer can accomplish anything but is this going too far? What made this man think that he could do it

because it worked at least once in the bible that i can remember. dead person coming back from faith.

i mean why should god allow it to work for some and not others? enough faith and prayer should do the trick

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Stealing from whom?
A body is returned to the family for burial.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
If-when they send him to jail they will probably put him into Solidity Confinement "for his own protection" i.e. to protect the eccentric from real criminals. Consequently he will be left inside a concrete box for 23-24 hours a day, for oh... 10 years. This sadly is typical for all who enter U.S prison system, and don't "fit in".

When he comes out, I bet he'll be as sane as the prison system itself. Then we'll see a real public threat, but at least it will be one Uncle Sam created. Like (almost) everyone here, I very much hope he gets psychiatric help (and not the concrete box treatment).

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I have sympathy for this man.

Granted, what he did was insane. But, I imagine if my father was dead it might just drive me to the brink of insanity as well.

Not that I would do anything like this, but it is at least understandable.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This guy is not going to go anywhere near ten years. The media and DA always comment with the maximum sentences possible to strike fear into the average law abiding citizens hearts. I doubt he even scores enough to get him mandatory prison time yet.

Quote me on this : His attorney will strike a plea for lesser charges and/or consequences, he may serve any period of time less than a year in jail or may even go straight to probation with court fees and legal fines. He will most likely also be required to complete some psych evaluation due to the nature of the law broken. Other than probation though he will for the most part be living out the rest of this year a free man outside of jail.

I see people on their fifth violation of drug probation or even felony thefts/car burglaries simply get reinstated. Dont believe me? go down to you local county courthouse any day of the week and sit in the felony division courtrooms. If you get there early enough you can get a seat without question and will see just how much of a joke the judicial system has become.

I mean many people even on their first felony burglary/ assualt or trafficking charge still get probation from the judge. Courts are a busy and crowded place and the judge just wants the day to end as well. You do not get mandatory prison in most states unless you have a certain score from your priors, or you have really ticked off the judge. So even first offense non-capital felony crimes mostly simply end up on probation. And many of them wont even go to prison until after at least a third violation.

Just stating from my obvervations.
edit on 1/19/2013 by DYepes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

the circumstances of the case which "would seem to indicate that the defendant may have mental health issues that need to be addressed."

Ya think??????

He doesn't need jail time, he needs some serious therapy.

Although, grief can affect one's thoughts and actions.
Not sure if his actions would be covered in this category though....

Pitiful really....

Hope he gets the help he needs.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join