It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son charged with stealing father's body from cemetery.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Son charged with stealing father's body from cemetery

www.usatoday.com

DETROIT -- A 48-year-old Detroit man accused of stealing his father's corpse from a cemetery with the hopes of resurrecting it is being held on $75,000 bond after his arraignment this Friday....
Bright told family members he stole his 93-year-old father's body to resurrect him through prayer....
Police found Clarence Bright's body Tuesday, stuffed inside a freezer in his son's basement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-1-2013 by Agarta because: Fixed title

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I know that they say the power of prayer can accomplish anything but is this going too far? What made this man think that he could do it number one, and number two, what makes him think his Father would even want it? This is an odd case and not too many details but it raises so many questions. Why? Is he a practitioner of Voodoo? I just fail to see the logic in the attempt and now not only is he not raising his Father from the dead but he also is looking at 10 years in prison.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Here are a few more article sources:
www.huffingtonpost.com...
Detroit Free Press
www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 18-1-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Did he at least leave him burried for 3 days?

I'm surprised this isn't comming out of Flordia or Brazil...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

People can flip out all sorts of ways when they are grieving. Maybe he is into Voodoo, or maybe he saw Pet Semetary one time too many and convinced himself that his basement sits on top of a Micmac burial ground- who knows? The important thing is this man doesn't need to be in jail. He needs to be in a good medical facility with an outstanding psychiatric unit.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

At least he wasn't trying to dig up an old girlfriend 'cause he was horny...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Me too, apparently the body had not yet been buried due to the ground being too wet. I'm not sure how long he had been dead.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Well, that's showing compassion to the guy, isn't it. Yes indeed, it looks like we're getting right on top of the mental health problems across our nation.

Perhaps, since Presidents lately have so many helpful commentaries on news stories of the day that interest them, this one could make this guy an example for pressing mental health reforms and serious effort to building a functional system.

The story says he faces up to 10 years in prison? Umm... Given what he did and WHY? I don't think he needs 10 minutes in a jail cell. He needed to go directly into a psych ward for evaluations, IMO. I'm not kidding or trying to be mean. Helping those who so obviously need it is what was dismantled in the 80's. Yikes... I couldn't have found a better case for it.

No one was actually hurt here...but only by motivation of what he did this time. I sense a real potential there for darker things...and he's hardly criminal minded, so illness is all that fits, like a glove.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Agreed, maybe even just a grief councilor.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
They put him jail? That man doesn't need that he needs a doctor. He obviously must be in serious pain to do something like that.

Poor man, I have nothing but sympathy for him.
edit on 18-1-2013 by antonia because: opps

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I was reading about this the other day on the free press. What can I say; it's Detroit. There are many people in that area who are in desparate positions and it strains them mentally. I think Wrabbit is right that this shows the real side of the mental health issue. He needs help, not jail which will no doubt make him worse, even violent possibly. It is sad to go down to Detroit and see just how bad it is with your own eyes. Very sad indeed.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I agree with the consensus here.

10 years? He needs help- Michigan has enough problems with jail overcrowding concerning violent individuals.

I do not know who is sicker0- This man or the prosecutor.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well most religeons claim Jesus came back after three days so why shouldnt this guy at least have a go??

Personaly I believe it all goes dark, and stays dark!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Just bizarre. You think I would be shocked to hear something like this, but in this day and age, nothing shocks me anymore..

-SAP-
edit on 18-1-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Wow, that is bizarre. Then in the article you linked they say:

"It's an unusual case, it's not something you see everyday," said Bright's court-appointed lawyer Gerald Karafa, who said he had not yet spoken with his client.

NO SH%T!!!!

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
In the photo it looks like he is wearing a military camouflage jacket.

No pictures of the Gethsemane Cemetery burial site linked to the Detroit article.
14th was the actual day the body disappeared.

sometimes crazy is just crazy.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Obviously god spoke to him and he listened. Just like in the bible right?

How do i tell normal religious morons from this deluded $^&%?

Thats right... you cant.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Perhaps he just loved his departed father.
Grief can do strange things.
We should think of him, not mock him.
I would say he loved his Dad very very much.
Some clap and do cartwheels when dad dies as it means payday via an inheritance.
I would say this unfortunate person is a lot more of a human than many.
edit on 18-1-2013 by OrionsWitness because: missing words

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

in which religion people can resurrect their dead fathers by praying !!!?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Quick! Ban shovels and pickaxes!!!

CX

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
This thread is a good example of how we see the government broadening the boundaries of mental health.

Yes i agree that this is not the way to go about things, far from it...but recommending psychiatric treatment automatically puts him under the mental health label.

Maybe the guy just missed his dad more than most, or showed it in a more bizzare way than others?

People do strange things when they are grieving, does that make them worthy of being sent to a psych ward or being put through the justice system?

Again, i'm not saying this is right, i'd just like to see some compassion come before the words "mental" and "jail time/fine"

CX.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join