It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Things Going On At The Farm

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteWitch2002
reply to post by WhiteWitch2002

Please take this as the joke it is intended to be......if whatever this is can do all these things why then will it not come muck my horse stalls??

I'm from the east coast
but......what does "muck my horse stalls' mean?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

To out it nicely it means to clean out the horse poo from the stalls.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

opps the question I originally replied to was already answered
cant really add much to the thread was just enjoying it as an interesting read
carry on
edit on 1/19/2013 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I read the first few pages, but not all, so forgive me if this post has already been covered. What direction fo you live from DIA? (presumably east or north). We too live out in a remote area of the eastern plains under the DIA flight paths from the south and east. We also have had some events happen recently, nothing strange, just not routine.

It seems like I read in one of your replies that this took place on the 15-16th or thereabouts. There was a big high pressure weather front that came through right then. We caught a coyote, dead to rights, attacking one of our geese the morning of the 16th at about 4:30am (my normal waking hour). Couldn't shoot it because there were things in the way so it got away into the darkness. But, that morning I must have seen more coyotes than I've ever seen in a single day. By the time I'd gotten to work I had seen in excess of a dozen coyotes! They were everywhere.

So here's my explanation of your experience...

The recent cold weather had the coyotes holed up. Because it was a pretty extended cold snap the coyotes were quick to get up and start looking for something to eat when it warmed up. I knew this was going to happen too, and when they got into the geese I knew exactly why. I'd half expected it. Equally, Tuesday night our cattle were pretty spooked and my ACD (cattle dog) was paying attention to everything but the cattle that night, so I knew the coyotes were on the prowl. Plus, remember it was perfectly calm Tuesday night (frigid cold, but calm) with almost no wind at all...perfect coyote stalking weather. And with the drought (and then cold) there's little food for the coyotes (i.e. rabbits, etc) so they're hungry!!.

The lights your daughter saw during the night were likely lights from some hunters 'shining' for coyotes. The hunters were out that night too. They knew the coyotes would be out. We saw some to the south of us at about 2am when I got up to use the 'facilities'.

So, in short, I think your horses got spooked by coyotes and the lights were hunters nearby, or maybe even tresspassing on your place.

My .02
edit on 1/19/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

Compelling theory. But why one flash only that lit up the whole kitchen to be followed up by three blue lights coming through the window? I mean....it's possible but I guess the way I've conjured this up in my head (due to a lot being left out) I pictured the blue lights emitting from above the ground.

OP.....would that be a fair assessment? How high off the ground are your kitchen windows?
Have you asked your daughter whether she felt the lights originated from the ground or the air? I just assumed they were high. I might be completely wrong.

How far is your house from where your property line? (assuming that's where people would've been hunting for coyotes opposed to on your property, right?)

Off topic: What do people do with coyote carcasses? They don't eat them do they? Is it just an extermination because they're pests?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hello there folks, I would be WhiteWitchs daughter. So heres what happened in my own words, maybe shed some "light" on what I saw (puns are awesome).

So Im standing in the kitchen making myself a quesidilla (sp?) and all of a sudden the entire kitchen lights up, and not just the kitchen but the field and the pasture outside the house. It was way too bright to be any kind of aircraft that Im familiar with. So I grab the pan Im cooking in and go look out the window (didnt want to burn my food). There were three bright bright lights out there and they couldnt have been very high up, distance is hard to judge but they werent high enough to be a plane. They werent moving or anything that I noticed and there was NO noise, kind of eerily quiet actually. I stood there with my open like an idiot staring out the window for what I assume is a few seconds and then the lights just disappeared. There was no movement or anything they just sort of vanished.

I grew up in an airport and I have lived out here long enough to know what a plane on the descent looks like, and I am very sure thats not what I saw. Sort of freaked me out...a lot but I thought I would just add my two cents. Pretty creepy stuff.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I would also like to add to the coyote hunting comments, the only people around here who hunt for coyotes are my brother and my dad and these were too high up to be any kind of spotlight

If I had to guess I would say like 80 to 100 feet but Im terrible and judging distance. Higher than the roof of the house for sure though.
edit on 19-1-2013 by that1girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by that1girl

Hi OP's daughter

You said:

There were three bright bright lights out there and they couldnt have been very high up, distance is hard to judge but they werent high enough to be a plane.

Out where? In the backyard? In the sky?
Your Mom said something about 150 feet. What's that in relationship to? Altitude or linear distance from your window?

I know I'm askin' a lot of questions but, that's what I do best so....is there ANY way you can draw us a diagram, scan it to your computer (or use a computer program if ya know how) then upload it to the ATS server?

Because frankly sweetie, I have no concept of what you saw except what my imagination is forming. And that isn't fair. So.......

If you can't upload us a sketch, can you try to use measurement/distance as best as you possibly can?

Thanks for joining us

edit on 19-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I will take a picture for ya right now and draw some pretty lines on it lol. Give me a few minutes

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by that1girl
I would also like to add to the coyote hunting comments, the only people around here who hunt for coyotes are my brother and my dad and these were too high up to be any kind of spotlight

If I had to guess I would say like 80 to 100 feet but Im terrible and judging distance. Higher than the roof of the house for sure though.

I didn't see this post. Thanks!

So.....these blue lights (were they round?) were higher than your roof top? Is the land around you, elevated higher than your property? I mean, (not saying this is what happened. Just trying to get a sense of something else) can somebody be on a ridge higher than your house and shine a light down into your yard/window? Again, I am just trying to understand the topography.

If you had one guess----(and this guess was extremely important) what would you say this was that night?
And "I don't know" is not acceptable (sorry. not my rules
)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Alright so here is the set of windows I was looking out of and more specifically the right window was the one I could see the lights out of really well.
imageshack.us...

And this would be the best interpretation I can do with paint lol.
imageshack.us...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
As you can see, the land is really quite flat around the house. They were round and super bright, like an LED flashlight but worse to look at lol.

What are bright lights in the sky but UFOs? I had no idea what they were, thus making them unidentified to me lol. I hope the weren't visitors but Ive seen some weird things in my life so who knows?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

That was one of my first thoughts but where the lights were there was snow all around and no tracks at all. If you have to get to that pasture you either have to go through the farm yard or through the dry creek bed and if you try that route you end up high centered. Like I said I had thought of it also but no go,

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Given the sun in the picture (that is the sun out there, isn't it?), it seems like the window direction might be SW.

But I am more familiar with 29-30 degrees north.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

This is an intriguing account. Thanks to you both for sharing it. I saw a meteor a few years ago and that lit up the sky like daylight. Was there anything about the lights you saw (e.g shape, formation etc) that would make you definitely rule out this being a meteor?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Actually looks like the sunset in Denver is quite a bit south of west. i stand corrected.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So these lights were definitely, absolutely, without a doubt, suspended in the air, above the house and apart from any land....correct? They were hanging or hoovering in the air, right?

Now I realize three points of light always make a triangle but......were these lights separate from one another or could they have been a PART of one bigger object?

Two more things (for now) how did they just disappear? Did they shut off? Fly away? Dim out?
And what was the approximate time span from when you FIRST saw the bright flash in your kitchen until they 'disappeared'?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarrsAttax

This is an intriguing account. Thanks to you both for sharing it. I saw a meteor a few years ago and that lit up the sky like daylight. Was there anything about the lights you saw (e.g shape, formation etc) that would make you definitely rule out this being a meteor?

Interesting point but....the fact that three blue lights showed up subsequently.... probably rules out meteor.

I'm going to see if NUFORC has anything reported although they're usually 2-4 weeks in the lag.

OP, Denver is the largest closest city to you?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteWitch2002

She said that she was putting something back into the fridge when all of a sudden the entire kitchen lit up. She was so shocked that she just stood there frozen.

Time froze. So anything your daughter was doing such as cooking, would have continued on.

A few months ago I became very ill and had to have both Fallopian tubes removed. The doctor who did the surgery was shocked at the fact that both sides had somehow closed themselves at the ends and were as big as sausage when they should be the size of a piece of yarn and that the right tube had flipped over on itself.

Your body having a reaction to a procedure most likely from 6 to 11 years ago.

We have 3 horses that we keep outside during the day and bring into the barn at night, one of those horses is a large white mare called Peanut. She is a calm quiet horse but the night this happened when I brought her into the barn she was very upset and would not calm down till I closed the south barn door.

Horses are especially sensitive to intent and a hard creature to sneak around.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Off topic: What do people do with coyote carcasses? They don't eat them do they? Is it just an extermination because they're pests?

years ago there was a bounty where you would be paid if I remember correctly it was by the ear that still may apply in some areas Now while the skin could be tanned and there may be some market for them It is mainly the challenge of getting a shot on such on intelligent and wily animal that motivates coyote hunters with pest/varmint control being used as the "reason"

edit on 1/19/2013 by iforget because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join