It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D Printable guns and magazines! The future of weapon production.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Ah my first thread, and an awesome one to boot! Apparently any kind of gun or magazine can be printed this way. They have around 150,000 templates so I cant imagine them not having the right one. I have posted a link to the article, make sure you watch the videos , I could not get the codes to work.

www.inquisitr.com...

Never again will the government be able to take away 30 rd. mags! Get owned Barry.

edit on 18-1-2013 by T4NG0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2013 by T4NG0 because: Couln't get the html to work

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

Nice find and good first thread, Star and Flag

Take the CAD file for the 3D printer convert it into G-Code and it can be milled like any other metal product.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Plastic guns? My kids have some of those; they shoot water at me with them all the time in the Summer. Hell they even have plastic nerf guns that they shoot each other and me with all the time, well... all the time.

"Oh no! You let you children play with toy guns, you're a bad parent! You're kids should be taken away from you!"

Am I close?

Point is...

Plastic is what we make toys out of. I'll take the real thing over a toy or replica any day thank you very much.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anundeniabletruth
Plastic guns? My kids have some of those; they shoot water at me with them all the time in the Summer. Hell they even have plastic nerf guns that they shoot each other and me with all the time, well... all the time.

"Oh no! You let you children play with toy guns, you're a bad parent! You're kids should be taken away from you!"

Am I close?

Point is...

Plastic is what we make toys out of. I'll take the real thing over a toy or replica any day thank you very much.

It didn't look like a toy to me when he fired that weapon with a freshly printed mag. As far as the uppers go there is only so much plastic that can be used; but the lowers can be completely plastic. Look at Plum Crazy Lowers, and since there is a lower shortage from what I understand, boom problem solved, just print them off all day.
Here is a link to look at a plum crazy, I am sure other companies have been making polymer lowers as well.

www.freedomsphoenix.com...
edit on 18-1-2013 by T4NG0 because: forgot link

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC
reply to post by T4NG0

Nice find and good first thread, Star and Flag

Take the CAD file for the 3D printer convert it into G-Code and it can be milled like any other metal product.

Hey thanks! Sick night elf avatar!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Like This:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaytay
Like This:

www.youtube.com...

YES!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Won't they just make a new law to make possession of one illegal?

It seems to be the trend nowadays.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Won't they just make a new law to make possession of one illegal?

It seems to be the trend nowadays.

The only saving grace is that here in Az and other states I am sure, there is a law that states any firearm manufactured in state can not be touched by the Government.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by T4NG0
Never again will the government be able to take away 30 rd. mags!

LOL, Either a permit will be required for the printers or they will use this fear of making weapons to ensure the public is never able to legally acquire one of those printers.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I highly doubt someone would make a printer illegal.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The problem with plastic guns is that they would melt more easily when bombarded by microwaves compared to a traditional metal gun; unlike metal they are derived from organic sources that contained lots of water. Weapons of one material are weak to weapons of another material; like the worlds deadliest version of Pokemon; where the monsters are guns. Someone should try telling a child guns aren't real and see how long they will believe you. That seems like as nice a lie as Santa. Hmm...I wonder if anyone on ATS still believes in Santa.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
We know whats next, AI robot printers printing an army of AI robot to take us over with.

Then those robots are going to usurp our minds and trap each one of us in a robot body where we will be slaves for infinity.

top topics

join