It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Mine on Syfy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Just caught the first episode of this show, and I am curious if anyone else has seen it, and what they think.

While a bit 'reality tv-ish' for my taste, I have to admit, I enjoyed the first episode.

www.syfy.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Just caught the first episode of this show, and I am curious if anyone else has seen it, and what they think.

While a bit 'reality tv-ish' for my taste, I have to admit, I enjoyed the first episode.

www.syfy.com...

I downloaded it last night and have yet to see it.....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1

www.syfy.com...

Please, do come back and tell me what you thought. I am not to into paranormal investigating, so Im curious what others feel about it.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I agree completely Captain.
I thought it was scary in parts and that the premise
was interesting. Getting the red haired girl to be in the mine with miners
was the perfect way to get them thinking supernaturally and superstitiously .
So yes the reality/scripted part was a little irritating but not horrible.
The girl was pretty darn cute I thought. Put her on Ghost Hunters
and fans will be like "Kris who?"
edit on 18-1-2013 by sealing because: sp

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Exactly how I felt. Its funny, I have a personal connection with some of the people involved with the show, and I would never have taken them for the 'paranormal investigation' type.

Ill be interested to see what they really do find up there.

I thought the fact that they brought in miners that were so desperate that they were breaking down on camera was a nice touch-added a little human element to it all.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

While a bit 'reality tv-ish' for my taste,

This seems like a good review
www.avclub.com...

Unfortunately, a combination of fraudulent and inept filmmaking, uninteresting ghost hunters, and the fact that, um, nothing remotely scary happens within makes for an impossibly dull experience.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I thought it was ok, and I think things will heat up in later showings. I live near Portland and on Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis they had the mine owner and the investigator for about 3 hours on Wednesday and they talked a little about what is coming up in future shows that made me interested in to keep watching it.

edit on 18-1-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Absolutely !
For a first episode I thought it was entertaining.
They might have a hit on their hands.
Being in that mine would scare the poo outta me.
I'm the first to admit. And when the miners heard TommyKnockers
mining as well, that was spoooky!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I thought it was ok, and I think things will heat up in later showings. I live near Portland and on Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis they had the mine owner and the investigator for about 3 hours on Wednesday and they talked a little about what is coming up in future shows that made me interested in to keep watching it.

Yeah that was right after the premier party. Most of the people I know that are involved (i live in portland too) are very nice people. Im hoping for their success.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Yeah that was right after the premier party. Most of the people I know that are involved (i live in portland too) are very nice people. Im hoping for their success.

Well please let them know Captain that I almost wrote an email to SyFy telling them
how promising I thought that episode was. So I will definetely write that email now.
I was going to say to production, to leave a 3 second longer no background music gap
just before an anomaly happens.Even if it's visual and not auditory. Like the creepy ass movement
during the laser grid scene. Just stuff to make it even spookier. Some day Ghost Hunting shows
should try ultra low light color cameras. There may be all kinds of nuanced light energy that infra isn't
picking up. And while Im at it....for investigators to walk more softly and speak much much softly.
Ghosts aren't deaf, just dead. I could go on and on. Being more soft and reverent will
raise viewers senses as well as make the instances where something does happen that much more exciting.
Anyway tell them I'm a fan. And I've watched every Ghost Hunting show there has been since

*I've never considered writing a network about a show before

edit on 18-1-2013 by sealing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

I will certainly pass on the kind words. Theyll be pleased to hear it!

I would pass on your suggestion about the music, but the whole season is already in the can. Not likely anything will be changed now.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

reply to post by sealing

I will certainly pass on the kind words. Theyll be pleased to hear it!

I would pass on your suggestion about the music, but the whole season is already in the can. Not likely anything will be changed now.

That is A-ok I'm sure it'll be great!
Glad to hear there is a seasons worth! I wasn't sure.
Good talking to you.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Sometimes I sit outside and smoke a cigar while listening to old Clyde and I didn't even know that show was starting that night until I heard it on his show. It aired at 10 o'clock so I went in at 10 to watch it, and I would have most likely missed it if I didn't hear about it on his show first....hehe

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Sometimes I sit outside and smoke a cigar while listening to old Clyde and I didn't even know that show was starting that night until I heard it on his show. It aired at 10 o'clock so I went in at 10 to watch it, and I would have most likely missed it if I didn't hear it on his show first....hehe

Good ol' Clyde. Hard to buy a lot of what he has to say, but he is definitely entertaining.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I thought it was pretty good. I've never been really into the 'paranormal investigation' type shows, but I do enjoy the 'gold mining' type shows that have been popping up from various networks lately.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Good ol' Clyde. Hard to buy a lot of what he has to say, but he is definitely entertaining.

lol ya, but he never goes full retard so that is good.....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1

www.syfy.com...

Please, do come back and tell me what you thought. I am not to into paranormal investigating, so Im curious what others feel about it.

I just finished watching it and not read the other comments yet, but I thought it was very interesting especially the part where the lasers had movement in it. Voices were like a whisper and hard to make out though. Will be good to see what develops as the series goes on.....better than some paranormal shows out there.
What people forget is that there are hours and hours that nothing's happens then something does so its not like a show filled with sounds etc which to me anyway is good viewing.
Think,this might go,far as its a new concept in exploring gold mines but I thought the wires and cameras in the mine might interfere with the actual mining though.
edit on 18-1-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Am watching it now.

I am not watching it for the ghost but because i to have over 40 years experience as a hard rock underground gold miner.
Tommyknockers yes but they are not spirits of the miners that died in the mine but spirits of the old miners that worked the mine. they mean no harm in most cases and will help later miners if you understand them and treat them right.

I always bribe the Tommyknockers in every mine i work in.
You always leave the last bit of your lunch for the tommyknockers(the mine safety inspectors hate this but we have a lot of fun with them telling them about our friendly tommyknockers )
You always leave a shot of good whiskey(moonshine if you can get it) when ever you are not finding gold or when you start a new drift or stope
you always leave double shot when you hit a good gold pocket.

Don't be a A**h**e to the other miner working with you as the Tommyknockers don't like this and if the other miners are paying there Tommyknockers better bribes you many get hurt.

I have never been hurt underground and none of my crew has.

The last mine i ran i took out over $200,000 in high grade gold Specimens.

I heard thumps every day at the same time in the last mine i worked.

It was the mine next door blasting and at the bar in town i would tell the miners from the other mine how many holes they had shot for the day.
edit on 18-1-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
From what I'm gathering, this is a series that covers a specific period of time that these ghost hunters were working with the owner of this mine, and it's not just another Ghost Hunter show. The weekly episodes cover specific progressive developments that allegedly did happen as this TV show was being filmed for shopping to a network - as is the way that all new shows get either picked up or passed on. I'm curious about the boarded up shaft and a few other quick clips that suggest that some seriously effed up stuff did eventually go down in that project.

I'm reserving judgement though, because I really REALLY hate the trailer park Reality TV trend that's hijacked all my favorite channels over the last couple years. Seriously, who cares about guys who are idiots with chainsaws and alligators and moonshine stills, or even worse - Amish Mafiosos (seriously, WTF is that?) and their dumb adventures as they shake down Amish people for protection money? This could either end up being pretty damn cool (if that mine is really jazzed) or the 1st step toward the end of paranormal investigation TV shows altogether.

All I know is that I'm totally through with it if Honey BooBoo ends up having her own ghost hunter show. That Long Island Medium is plenty bad enough already. I don't know. Maybe there's no hope for any genre of broadcast cable programming?

new topics

top topics

join