It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Yorkers , are any of you planning on leaving New York state due to the Gun Control laws

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Why would i leave? i'd rather be in the city not some redneck town full of meth labs.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MastaShake

Well I'm not sure why you would say rednecks but I don't live in the country at all and my neighbors would be bummed to know you called them that since most of them are your standard run of the mill midwestern folks
who live just outside of St Louis but hey I guess you are allowed you thoughts as well and I'm glad you took the time to post them.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

in what state can't you get a bushmaster with a 30 rd clip legally ?

FTFY

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I have a idea. TO get around this law new yorkers just need to move their collections out of NY state. Keep your guns and just move them. Cannot repossess a gun that is not in the state to repo.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm not from New York but I will be heading back to the states soon. The current laws and actions by the government HAVE influenced WHERE I'll be moving back to, however.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
How about... I will never move there...or CA

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Agreed on the I won't live there thing it's not any one thing in particular I'm not a fan of hugely overpopulated areas so for me New York , Chicago, Boston, New Jersey areas like that are out I just am not a fan but I know it's different strokes for different folks and that's all good as far as I'm concerned

I turn down work in those areas all the time and I definitely wouldn't wanna live there and with the new firearms laws
pfff Nooooo Waaaaay!

but again that's just me

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Don't know about NYers leaving NY, but, as a non American, I will consider NY as a possible holiday destination, now that the chances of my being shot dead by muggers have been reduced.

God bless America!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

We did you get that idea? The only thing that has been reduced is your chances of a bystander helping you during the mugging.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

I have known people who were shot while being mugged (though, fortunately, not killed) while holidaying in the US.

No bystanders helped them.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I wish I could. I have been wanting to move for quite some time for lots of reasons. New York is very strict on so many things and so expensive. But this gun thing made me sick. The worst part of it was how fast it occurred. I read that they only had about 20 minutes to look the thing over before they had to vote on it! That's crazy! And Cuomo also bypassed the normal law making procedures to get it done. New York lawmaking has always been bad, simply because it is always done behind closed doors. How can that be good to not be transparent to anyone who wishes to know what's going on?

Anyway, can't afford to move, seriously. Our house wouldn't sell. It needs too much work (we can't afford to do), and it is in a flood area now. Wasn't before, but after hurricane Lee it is now. How would one go about abandoning a house anyway? I don't know if it's feasible to just run away. Yeah I said it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

Why would you want to "run away"

......now that you are safer??

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

Why would you want to "run away"

......now that you are safer??

Man, if you think New York is safe it is nowhere near as safe as Chicago is where guns are banned, walk up and down those streets for they must be the safest streets in America...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

I would want to run away from the state that has determined that my responsible gun possession and use is no longer my choice. I would want to run away from the state that caters to it's largest city and cares nothing about the people everywhere else in the state.

Furthermore, these new laws do not make me safer. Criminals have always got a way to obtain illegal stuff, including the guns and ammo that Cuomo thinks are evil. I would feel safer knowing that I could own what arms I deem either necessary or simply desirable to protect me from the criminals that have no respect for the laws. Since I am a law abiding citizen, these new laws weaken me. I am not safer. You are ignorant of the broader picture.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

reply to post by 200Plus

I have known people who were shot while being mugged (though, fortunately, not killed) while holidaying in the US.

Want to know why? People in NY usually do not help others because its not related to them. Most of them will walk by a person on fire and not even give a second look.. As for the lady too poor to move from NY i was saying move your guns that are not legal anymore somewhere else,Like Jersey.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The way NY is going, it wont be long before NY'ers are restricted from owning a fork to eat with. Soon after that, you will need to register your spoons. Yea, give it time...

NY'ers are treated like untrusted bastard children. Having moved from Upstate NY about 5 years ago, down to a freedom-loving Southern state lets you see both worlds. The world in Texas is one where citizens have very few restrictions, and lots of law-abiding firearm owners and YET, so few instances of crime. NY, a world of never-ending restrictions, strict gun-control and yet so much crime every day.

Gun haters, WHY is that?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa

reply to post by 200Plus

Want to know why? People in NY usually do not help others because its not related to them. Most of them will walk by a person on fire and not even give a second look.. As for the lady too poor to move from NY i was saying move your guns that are not legal anymore somewhere else,Like Jersey.

Dude, jersey is JUST as bad, hell, in jersey, you need a firearms permit to OWN a FRAKKIN airsoft gun!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join