It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Mayor Warns Of "Waco-Style Standoff" Over Gun Control Laws

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Does the term jack arse ring yours?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Here is a quote from another "gun nut" maybe you have heard of him??
"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself.They are the American people's teeth and keystone under independence...from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day,events,occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace securtiy and happiness,the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable...the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference--they deserve a place of honor with all that is good."

Ever heard of that "Gun Nut"? George Washington

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I noticed he was from the U.S.A.I bet he would call John Wayne a communist.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So what is the gun grab belief that will cause 'more Wacos'?

FAQ about new NY law

Q: I have an assault weapon. Do I have to give it up?
A: No. If you have an assault weapon, you can register it with the State Police. You have until April 15, 2014 to register your weapon. A form will be made available on this website no later than April 15, 2013. Under state and federal law, some people are not allowed to possess a weapon, such as convicted felons, individuals who have been involuntarily committed, or individuals currently under an order of protection. These people will not be able to register. There is no fee for registering.

www.governor.ny.gov...

Are the NY'ers not wanting to register the weapons that may not have been registered or re-register (many states get registration with the purchase) or is it about the 7 round magazines?

Where does the gun confiscation come into play? Un reg'ed weapons or magazines over 7?
edit on 1/19/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Some of these people use the term gun nut so liberally I am starting to think its code for patriot.

Where I live I am considered a pretty liberal dude however I weigh each election on it merits and try to pick the lesser of two evils but I swear if the Gun Gestapo keeps pushing their retarded agenda I am going to register republican be damned evil or not.

edit on 19-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: opps

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

According to what you posted, I'm more curious about what Cuomo is expecting people to "turn in". Shouldn't he have talking about registration instead of the topic of relinquishing?

I think the government officials are trying so fast and furiously to get this all moving that they're tripping over themselves and laws are going to start overlapping to the point where everyone is going to be confused and this will lead to the really bad situations everyone is worrying about and preparing for.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

I really haven’t seen much effort in making this a crazy vs. sane thing. Why is that?

Does the term gun nut ring a bell?

Just because you say it doesn't make it so.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Some of these people use the term gun nut so liberally I am starting to think its code for patriot.
Good one

I see where you are coming from.I tend to think of myself as a "blue collar conservative".I see issues on both sides.One thing that bothers me anymore.Is where people get their views.The left MSM the right Fox ,yet they profess to be a expert on a subject ,when they view one side. I actually get quotes from Jon Steward thrown at me.He is not a news source he is a comedian!!!

I just wish people would look at both sides of the issue.Then form their OWN opinion.If you quote articals that you view from only one side of the issue.You are not giving a opinion,you are being told what your opinion is!!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Whether you agree with a mild form of gun control(and yes, everything proposed so far is rather mild, even if I'm opposed to it) or not, he's probably right about what he said.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Well that's not entirely true. Those these "laws" seem "mild" to many, the restricted gun clip size for all weapons will render many otherwise legal arms (including pistols) useless as such small clips are simply unavailable. So sure you can keep your gun but you can't have a clip for it.

edit on 19-1-2013 by wormtongue because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2013 by wormtongue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by 200Plus

Don't deny it.

You saw what I posted and you chimed in that these people I mentioned are "law-abiding citizens".

They're white.
They're male.

What, they don't commit crimes?

Or is that only the "urban" demographic that you so freely love to mock?

Oh right, only black people commit crimes with guns.

You, the white male gun-owner, are INNOCENT.

Obviously, your brain melted a long time ago because that jell-o inside of your head isn't able to put 2 and 2 together at this point.

ALL people commit crimes. Stop racial profiling remember? You seem to be trying to Bait people,and not actually Debate them. Go to youtube or 4 chan for that.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

I get you. On most social issues I lean left on constitutional issues I go whichever way it dictates there are some things I have changed my mind on over the years but I was a soldier so I am pro military I am definitely pro-gun rights I think the governments equally retarded when dealing with the economy but I see pros and cons for either issue. Like I said each election I look hard at both sides I am registered independent. I was certain the republicans were going to win the last election there wasn’t a doubt about it in my mind up until I had seen the final 4 candidates.
I mean what the hell were they thinking they hyped themselves up on anybody but crap then picked the one that couldn’t. I look at either party and wonder how they find these people.

I really wonder if they are purposely lowering the standards each election because talk about bottom of the barrel. No I take that back because I liked john huntsman but he wasn’t as rich with finances as Romney. ….. I could rant for a while so I will drop it.

Anyway I stopped watching the news a couple years ago I find out things between this and a couple other forums if I am interested in the topic I look it up further on the internet. I can usually get a pretty unbiased picture of what’s going on or at least a balanced one. I like John Stewart he will sometimes bring new information to the public. He does a fairly good job of telling people how the senate or congress has recently failed us but he is comedy. Believe it or not one of the best places to find out what’s really going on is al Jazeera or AP. I find life is a lot better if I don’t let the MSM tell me how I should feel about an issue.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Great minds think alike.I also view all sides,and yes I even view Al Jazeera,Msnbc,Bbc,and dare I say it Fox.My last post was not directed at you.It was more of a wish that other people would before they form a opinion.So it would be their own opinion.
Not the " political correct" opinion MSM forces upon them.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

According to what you posted, I'm more curious about what Cuomo is expecting people to "turn in". Shouldn't he have talking about registration instead of the topic of relinquishing?

Even if he was talking about the currently registered ones, then his statement is still valid.

In the previous law, there was an exemption for assault weapons made before 1994. If you had an assault handgun, you still had to register it, but you were allowed to keep it. In the current bill, there is no exemption.

Same applied to assault rifles in NYC because NYC required you to register your long guns too.

So the government knows that those people have an assault handgun/rifle because they have already registered it. And the government knows they will be in illegal possession of it after a specified date, if they don’t voluntarily sell it out of state, or turn it in.

To take it off the registry with out turning it in, you have to provide documentation of you selling it through an FFL to a person in another state, or declare it stolen.

That will put the law enforcement in a position of knowing that a bunch of people are breaking the law. The law enforcement could just ignore the situation and let the rebellious ones keep their illegal weapons as long as they didn’t break any other laws. Or they could ask those people nicely to turn them over. Or the cops could try to get pushy.

If they try and get pushy, which the mayor probably knows there are a few that will, then he knows it will end in armed standoffs. Which he does not want to see.

............edit.............
And the situation where they basically stabbed the gun owners in the back by telling them that all older ones were grandfathered, in order to get them to register them in the first place. And then turning around and un-grandfathering them after you have already registered them. When means they know you are in illegal position of them now.

That action alone will throw cold water on anyone’s eagerness to voluntarily register any more guns. That backhanded move will basically make most people flatly reject the registering system.

edit on 19-1-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

And you think a good chunk of the places that manufacture and or sell ammo, would be on the government's side in a civil war scenario? I highly doubt it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
People wont trust the system anymore. They will organize communes like they used to in the 70's on the country side...growing their own food and stuff .Using the second amendment, they will protect themselves with it (guns) and if it works, if the gov let them it's going to become more and more popular.

It's not so hard to imagine...every wining conditions are there. It's going to be their new job
live, thrive and survive.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Prettymuch what I predicted would happen too. To hell with registration, it is nothing but a list kept for the time they decide to take them away. Fullstop.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The State has a fight on its hands. This will go to the courts.
Seems like there are a few more people here than Waco.

(This is in Albany.Just one of the many protests across the state today that the media wont cover)
edit on 19-1-2013 by SpeakNoEvil because: added a pic

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by Ghost375

Oh I see, so gun owners who WOULD make a stand against this nonsense, right down to an armed confrontation with LEO's, are now crazy?

:shk:

Ya know, I just friggin give up.

Funny, I would call them True American Patriots and the people who try to take them criminals.

Bill

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

The newest info didn't mention that an 'assault' rifle had to be manufactured before 1994. Is that true?

Much of this states no more sales in NY state.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Not sure about actual doctored in rifles, but I know doctored in mags etc are no longer doctored in. Also a lot of previously legal guns are now illegal, since they cut it down from 2 convoluted characteristics to one.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join