It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Mayor Warns Of "Waco-Style Standoff" Over Gun Control Laws

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I don't.

All they have to do is label you something other than what they are. This worked very well in the civil war... Confederate vs Union. Same with the National Guard massacre at Kent state... Same thing with the FBI murdering political dissidents in the COINTELPRO era.

People have no problem murdering their countrymen.. just look at history of the USA and nearly every other country out there. Stop having some fluffy unrealistic view of US soldiers...their whole jobs surrounds killing people if need be. I don't trust people who would murder for a paycheck.... If you do then that's your own gullibility.

If you have no problem killing foreigners then you'd have no problem killing me. People are people...

edit on 19-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by WaterBottle

Oh, you are right. I guess we should all just give up and disarm then.

I didn't say that. But it's a fantasy if you think the US populace could actually defeat the US military in a civil war. Most Americans are fat...and half of them can't aim.

Do you understand math?... more importantly ratios?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Do you?

Half of America is overweight, aging, and have never had any military or extensive gun training. Most do not have a weapon or ammunition cache sufficient to fight any sort of "war". Most don't have food storage so when the Federal gov shuts off your water and electricity they would starve to death or die from dehydration. Most don't have bomb shelters so good luck surviving the drone strike.

Do I really have to keep going? Get it yet?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by exitusstatuquo
If they had the drones they have now during the Waco standoff the whole thing would have gone down differently. The Feds would have had real time intelligence on what was going on in the Davidian compound and would have been providing that info to their boots on the ground and they would know where every weapon was and when there was a weakness in the parameter to exploit for a breach. Likely they would have caught them off guard an unready.

LEOs an spec forces ceawled all over the compoud setting listening devices already........they knew what they were doing down to the burning children even.....
Dont think the cops are on your side do ya?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Lol the government owns those little reaper drones that can fire hellfire missiles.

I'm not advocating their use, but anyone here that thinks that they can win against a tyrannical government with the toys they have is just dreaming. If they wanted to confiscate every gun they would have done it by now.

Yeah but who is going to arm or refuel those drones to come after us? OK I admit Obama and the government gang can probably learn how to fly those things on a computer but speaking as a former soldier myself if TSHTF like some are saying the vast Majority of the US military will side with us or simply refuse an unlawful order against its citizens. If any actually did support such things they would be taken down by their former comrades in the military because soldiers are not mindless drones.

The US military is not going to support such actions which leaves it to those in the civilian sector that will be without honor. I have my doubts about such events ever taking place simply because when people talk about fighting the government it is a broad statement which isn’t defining who they would actually be fighting but I can tell you with certainty that it will not be the military.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

I don't.

All they have to do is label you something other than what they are. This worked very well in the civil war... Confederate vs Union. Same with the National Guard massacre at Kent state... Same thing with the FBI murdering political dissidents in the COINTELPRO era.

People have no problem murdering their countrymen.. just look at history of the USA and nearly every other country out there. Stop having some fluffy unrealistic view of US soldiers...their whole jobs surrounds killing people if need be. I don't trust people who would murder for a paycheck.... If you do then that's your own gullibility.

If you have no problem killing foreigners then you'd have no problem killing me. People are people...

Are you a former soldier? Your view of soldiers is not indicative of my experience as being one.

My god there is so much wrong with what you just wrote. You must have just teleported from a universe that is polar opposite from the one we are in now or maybe the internet has just bridged the gap between them and this is just cross traffic in the signals.

That has got to be the worst paranoid delusional propaganda statement I have read in a long time. Honestly the former USSR couldn’t have done a better job at spreading lies about our military.

I can state as a fact that you could not be any more wrong.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Do you?

Half of America is overweight, aging, and have never had any military or extensive gun training. Most do not have a weapon or ammunition cache sufficient to fight any sort of "war". Most don't have food storage so when the Federal gov shuts off your water and electricity they would starve to death or die from dehydration. Most don't have bomb shelters so good luck surviving the drone strike.

Do I really have to keep going? Get it yet?

The active military compromises less than 3% of our population, you will have people that simply refuse to follow unlawful orders, there are over 20 million vets in this country (like myself and many others on this board that remain combat effective) we have close to 200,000,000 firearms in civilian hands... Do I need to go on?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

History says I'm right.....sorry.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

NY is full of traitors.

I have no home state, I have a home federal territory that holds prisoner citizens along side loyal federalist residents.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I have no formal military training but, am in shape, and am a quick learner. I am also not an exception in those characteristics......
edit on 19-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

You ignored most of my points...... So, no, you don't. Especially the main ones like the overweight population, aging population. incompetent population, the money to fund the "uprising", and um, where ever you expect to get food and water from on a consistent basis. How you'd survive the bombings, tanks.....on and on.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

planes need to land, tanks need to refuel, and soldiers need to eat sleep and crap.....somewhere

there is no reason why they would be "untouchable" in those places.

Also,

Money is not an issue for people when they are fighting for their homes. The "Pay" is in winning your home and your security. Food and water are not really a problem when you ARE the people who would supply them.

Not to mention that the whole overweight issue is more a myth than a real debilitating problem. Nothing a few months of exercise cant fix....Dumb is not exactly a problem either when it comes to actual fighting. Our armed forces dont exactly need to be rocket scientists to do their job. They just need to know how to do their job....

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Money is not an issue for people when they are fighting for their homes. The "Pay" is in winning your home and your security. Food and water are not really a problem when you ARE the people who would supply them.

Bullets, weapons, and armor aren't free. Neither is food, or water, or medical supplies. Any stockpile would run out. These things don't come out of thin air.

The federal government would monitor all roads for suspicious activity and shut off water and electricity to any suspected "terrorist" hide out areas. Anyone caught collaborating or helping the "terrorists" would be charged with treason and executed. This would fear most people into submission.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

planes need to land, tanks need to refuel, and soldiers need to eat sleep and crap.....somewhere

there is no reason why they would be "untouchable" in those places.

Also,

Not to mention that the whole overweight issue is more a myth than a real debilitating problem. Nothing a few months of exercise cant fix....Dumb is not exactly a problem either when it comes to actual fighting. Our armed forces dont exactly need to be rocket scientists to do their job. They just need to know how to do their job....

Bravo, and even less though because we have one tactic that an organized fighting force can't deal with. Still to this day. Kudos on the post and Starred btw. There might be hope for you civvies yet. =D

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

during the civil war the south manufactured its arms in several places. Most of them were not known of by the union army until many years after the war. Some, almost until recently.

Roads would not be used, and people can just disappear into the general population.

You would think that if the omnipotence of the federal government was as you describe it that peasants in sandals would not take years upon years to crush, YET the middle east still has an armed population who oppose it. Even today......all over....

Also, we lost in Vietnam to a tortured, starved, and crushed people.....who because of human nature still had, even after all that, the resolve to oppose the rule of opportunists and criminals....

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

during the civil war the south manufactured its arms in several places.

Manufacturing arms takes money and raw materials. Good luck getting enough.

Most of them were not known of by the union army until many years after the war.

Well we have airplanes now, helicopters, drones and night vision.

You would think that if the omnipotence of the federal government was as you describe it that peasants in sandals would not take years upon years to crush, YET the middle east still has an armed population who oppose it. Even today......all over....

The war on terror is meant to be never ending. It's a for profit war. The longer you stay the more money you make. Those occupations say nothing.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

FEAR, IS THE MIND KILLER. Some of us, many, do not succumb to it....And those of us that are not afraid, only get more motivated when you take or threaten to take.

Good luck with that logic. I would hand you a history book if you were in front of me to show you why.

Every asset you mentioned is just a tool, which is made and used by people....it is not proof of omnipotence.

EDIT:
exceptionalism is a flawed logic. In that respect, American exceptionalism is not what it was. This is true domestically as well, not just internationally.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread! I was just thinking about the Waco Siege yesterday.

The Branch Davidians were packin' some serious heat and the ATF were really unhappy about the deaths of some fellow Agents.

It's sad that all of those poor women and children died. It should not have turned into a such a violent situation.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

To draw a comparison with what happened at WACO with the current gun control problem is a bit of an understatement, imo.

Waco, while the way it was handled is surely controversial, was a bizarre cult. The gun owners in this country are NOT some bizarre cult. And I seriously think that TPTB are underestimating the blowback of the particular buttons they are pushing.

They may find themselves with 1,000 Wacos all over this country, is what I am saying- or worse- if they keep at it.

It's not ALL the gun owners in the US that are the problem, but indeed a whole bunch of bizarre cultists we like to call Christian Zionists. There's about 50 million of them and a very large group within are very extreme or fundamentalist. They are the reason of all the concernment. The US cannot and will not support Israel any longer. So the Christian Zio's will gone insane in the very near future.

Ever watched the documentary "Waiting for Armageddon"? You should.

vimeo.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

You ignored most of my points...... So, no, you don't. Especially the main ones like the overweight population, aging population. incompetent population, the money to fund the "uprising", and um, where ever you expect to get food and water from on a consistent basis. How you'd survive the bombings, tanks.....on and on.

If 90% of Americans were bedridden , we'd still outnumber active military 10:1. Who do you think is going to "bomb Americans" If you're a pilot , do you really think for one second that you'd bomb civilians knowing that someone else is bombing your family? You don't need anyone to fund an uprising, the uprising would be everywhere guerrilla warfare would be rampant, federal government would be crippled. The president and his subsequent chain of command wouldn't be able to show their faces in public, local politicians that supported the Feds would have threats on their lives and the lives of their families. The federal government doesn't control food and water, municipalities and private industry do.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join