It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Mayor Warns Of "Waco-Style Standoff" Over Gun Control Laws

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah great points. I saw that post you made about the Cali gun ban. I swear between you and seabag and a few others, you guys wear out my mouse button clicking on stars.

But seriously, look at the effect all this talk is having just on me. I gave up mine long ago, just cause I got out of shooting, used to own a little 22 rifle and a 32, but sold them for other things. They just weren't that important back then to me, but now? I feel it coming. Either get one now or it will be too late. They're going to outlaw guns completely.

At this point in time I think we had better start talking about concepts of the use of "overwhelming force" against those that would attempt to take them. FAIR IS FAIR. Problem is, it has been far TOO UNFAIR, with all the power grabs and regulations, and nazi-style commando raids going on, for FAR WAY TOO DAMN LONG.

I think you raise a very interesting issue there and I've been watching it in other members here over the past couple weeks. Folks who were hard against general gun freedoms (As we'd see it) or just knee jerk supporting the new regulations ...have been turning. Slowly in some and suddenly for a couple. So suddenly in one case, I was half into a hard edged reply in pure habit before realizing..wait a sec..the tone of that was all different than normal.

No need to say who and it'd really be uncool anyway. It's not a thing to feel good or gloat about. If anything...watching folks change deeply held beliefs is a sad thing to see. I say that because what has to happen for anyone to change beliefs they've felt confident in for a good long time is never a positive thing...and usually a rather shattering experience on some level. Here? I think a few are losing the last illusions of what Government on ANY political side has become. I know I clung to some last traces of self-delusion about Government right into last year.

I don't know what state you're in ...but I'd just say trust your gut. If you feel the need to have a firearm now...don't ignore it to regret the decision for years or decades to come ...or regret the decision for mere moments as your last thoughts, if you know what I mean there.

Bad times...and not a thing about this whole experience is positive. Not even the "wins". We shouldn't be in a position to ever have had to fight this to begin with.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I truly hope it never comes to this but people are tired of being pushed and at some point in time they will make a stand. I just hope that there can be a resolution that will work for all.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think a few are losing the last illusions of what Government on ANY political side has become. I know I clung to some last traces of self-delusion about Government right into last year.

You have described me! My faith in government has been shattered. Not just because of the outcome of the last presidential race – or the one before that. The main thing I saw is the complete lock step of the two parties. This is something I tried to deny but no longer can.

I know what you’re saying about seeing some anti-gun people turning lately. I’ve seen it, too. I think the discussion has raised serious questions that they just couldn’t find answers for. They were forced to see the reality we’re now facing just as I was with regard to the facade that is our government and our political process.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It's bothering me the way he chuckles before mentioning the Waco stand off.
Anyone else finding this peculiar or creepy?
It's like he wants people to think he's not being serious, but at the same time he's very serious. It's as if his laugh is releasing nervous energy or something, too.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

It's like he wants people to think he's not being serious, but at the same time he's very serious. It's as if his laugh is releasing nervous energy or something, too.

I noticed that and I’m not sure what to make of it.

I think he thinks anyone who resists with force is a nutjob worthy of ridicule. I don’t think he’ll be laughing when ATF and state police who attempt confiscation start dropping like flies. This is a fight they really shouldn't pick. When a large portion of the society is resisting these efforts that should send a clear message that their mission is misguided and they should cease and desist.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Yes, I did as a matter of fact. I agree, nervous. There is no other explanation for how you can smile and draw a parallel to Waco, and what's coming, in the same breath, if this continues.

I also very much agree with the concept of incremental power grab. We've watched it happen, time and time again, and further research into history just supports it completely. Scarily so, actually. Alex Jones, even though he rants too much, does bring up key points on this matter regularly.

You know, I used to subscribe to the statement

"Power concedes nothing without demands."

But now that has changed.

"Power concedes nothing without a gun to their heads."

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
OMGerd john titor was right !!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Lol the government owns those little reaper drones that can fire hellfire missiles.

I'm not advocating their use, but anyone here that thinks that they can win against a tyrannical government with the toys they have is just dreaming. If they wanted to confiscate every gun they would have done it by now.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by exitusstatuquo

weakness in the perimeter?
What are the parameters that
constitute a weakness

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Lol the government owns those little reaper drones that can fire hellfire missiles.

I'm not advocating their use, but anyone here that thinks that they can win against a tyrannical government with the toys they have is just dreaming. If they wanted to confiscate every gun they would have done it by now.

Tell that to the Vietnamese and the Afghans.

Do you know how many tons of munitions were dropped on their head? Guess what? They're still fighting!

And it wouldn't be a dream...more like a nightmare. Nobody wants to live like that. The feds need to stand down before lives are lost. It's not worth it to further their agenda.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Somebody has to operate and maintain them.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

The government may own them, but unless they been receiving a whole lot of training in secret, they would not be the ones operating them. I can see a bunch of the people at the controls of them, accidentally hitting DC instead of their intended american targets if it ever got that far.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I'll be standing next to you brother.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Let me see if I follow this:

Guns are evil so ban them a Mayor says Waco's will happen because a mob of people says guns are bad therefore government must use violence to stop all the violence from guns using guns.

So violence bad but use violence for the "common good" the world i use to know died and now the world we live in is the means justify the end.

I want off this stupid ride.

edit on 18-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Oh I see, so gun owners who WOULD make a stand against this nonsense, right down to an armed confrontation with LEO's, are now crazy?
So, your point of view is, Getting into an Armed Confrontation with LEO's , IS NOT CRAZY?

Good thing Obama is after those Mental Health Checks, there are a Few Candidates within these Walls.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Laying down, and letting your rights be taken away by force is insane if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Laying down, and letting your rights be taken away by force is insane if you ask me.
What rights are being taken away?
Will you have your guns if all the changes put forth are implemented?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Obviously, not if LEO are forcefully trying to take people's guns away, like the post you replied to.....
Personally, I do not have to worry about such nonsense happening to me. I live in a likeminded community here, and the RCMP guys I have talked to that are stationed in our town, would be on our side if it came to that. I highly doubt they are the only ones that would toss down their badges if it came to that.
edit on Fri, 18 Jan 2013 19:35:07 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

So your another Side-Stepper, not answering the Questions directly, but resorting to Rhectoric.

Lets Try Again.

**** What rights are being taken away?
Will you have your guns if all the changes put forth are implemented? ****

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Your assuming that the entire military will back and follow Odumbo's orders to kill men women and children in their own homeland. If a General/Admiral decided to take his entire Brigade and stand against TPTB, you can bet it would not end well for us all. You forget these soldiers have families here. The Media will not be able to keep the brutal slaughter of innocents.Not in this information age. This is not a hostile country. Our resistance fighters would pretty much have support from all over. I know if a group of soldiers were just trying to get somewhere and needed a place to hide out, my barn or Basement will always be open. Just saying.

And if a General did stand against TPTB, it would not be long before more did. Not to mention the organized militia's groupss throughout the 50 states. Then sorry but got to throw it end, with how many RedNecks(lol). You can bet your ass not all military leaders will follow such an oder to go against the Constitution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join