It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Support Gun Control...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

MAYBE you didn't fully understand the point of my post. There is minimal skill involved in shooting at a mass of people in an enclosed space, especially when shooting at defenseless people. All someone needs to know are the basics on how to load the weapon, take the safety off, and pull the trigger. Notice how I didn't include the word "aim" in that last sentence. I'll put this in layman's terms for you, all the criminal has to do is point and shoot; especially when in a classroom filled with defenseless people...

In regards to the changing of magazines, it'll take someone 3 minutes of practicing on a couch to learn how to change a magazine in the amount of time the woman in the video changed her magazine. All you do is push a button, gravity makes the empty magazine drop, insert the new magazine, and pull back the slide to chamber a new round. There isn't much "skill" involved.

Your argument can easily be refuted if the shooter had 2 handguns, which in the case of Adam Lanza, he was thought to have had 4 handguns at one point.

But maybe you're right though, we should create a law making it illegal to be a violent criminal and infringe the rights of those who do no harm.
edit on 1/21/13 by SmoothRhythm because: grammar

edit on 1/21/13 by SmoothRhythm because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/21/13 by SmoothRhythm because: sentence structure

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Sound out at a new gun control survey at the Connecticut Post:

blog.ctnews.com...

Reading the comments, it is obvious the NWO's latest psy op is not working!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
An assault (styled) weapon (even if infrequently used in crimes) represents a threat if there was ever to be a counter insurrection to a national martial law status where civilian possession of guns is outlawed. The shotgun (VP Biden's recommendation for home defense) is not much of a threat except in close quarter battle scenarios (altho slugs can be accurate to over 100m). An 5.56 platform rifle (AR-15) can be effective out to 400m and a 7.62 rifle at double that distance...those represent real threats as an attack can come from anywhere within range vs a shotgun or handgun most likely from within one's home (altho a handgun can be carried concealed beyond one's home quite easily but even then the effective range is similar to a shotgun). It also appears that the AR15 with a 30 round magazine is the choice of a deranged mass shooter (altho a mentally ill patient can not legally buy one) but these are relatively rare occasions (vs most gun crime). This begs the question (given that this is a conspiracy site); what if the Sandy Hook tragedy was a staged event to facilitate the targeting of this class of weapons (for the reason already stated above)?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

Gun control, is when you take careful aim at those who want to disarm you.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

No- People need to stop tryting to ban peoples rights to protect themselves.

Who are you to say what I use to defend myself with? Who is anyone for that matter?

You guys can go ahead and de-arm yourselves, I dont care if you want to be helpless.

I will protect my loved ones whichever way I see fit- whether it be with a shotgun-pistol-or rifle. It really is none of your buisness nor the governments.

We wont surrender our rights. End of story. Spread the word.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join