It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Recorded By TV News Over Australia Wildfire

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Recorded Jan 7th. Posted Jan 17th

Of course anyone vaguely familiar with wildfires will think: helicopters! The type that carry buckets of water but....I just ain't seeing that here.

It could just be a funky angle the camera caught the craft and we're just not seeing the blades. And the hazy smoke isn't helping either but I thought this was worth posting. And who knows it could be a UFO.
Never say never especially at our (limited) vantage point.

Published on Jan 17, 2013

This is from a news feed on the wildfires in Australia on January 7th, 2013. A viewer watching my videos brought this to my attention and I feel it should be looked at. They seem to always be around extreme weather events.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Nix on the chopper idea. No chopper pilot in his right mind is going to be flying through smoke that heavy.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Pretty cool report...comments on youtube seem to think it's a helicopter but I don't think that's what it looks like...
I'm not sure what it was...creepy though...flying around in strong winds and fire. You would think if it was a chopper they'd be afraid of getting burned or blown away by the strong winds.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
it does look like a helicopter. you can see the tail of in the video..look closer

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It is a helicopter. The sky is overexposed and you can't see the rotor. You can see the tail boom momentarily, though.

There was a similar thread about a UFO picture that turned out to be a streetlight in an overexposed sky.

Come on, people.

edit on 18-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
That vid is so inconclusive with blurring and smoke/heat haze that it could be anything but most likely
a firefighting heli like this one .Elvis

And yes they do fly in heavy smoke
edit on 18-1-2013 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubSea
Nix on the chopper idea. No chopper pilot in his right mind is going to be flying through smoke that heavy.

Some helicopters prime objective are to fly through forest fires to put out the fires. They have extensive training and I'm sure their 'copters are equipped with the proper state-of-the-art features to bring minimum catastrophe.

Watch

edit on 18-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
That vid is so inconclusive with blurring and smoke/heat haze that it could be anything but most likely
a firefighting heli like this one .Elvis

edit on 18-1-2013 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

Hey 12Voltz, good post, and I think you are exactly correct. Also, didn't you find it funny that this started out as a news broadcast, then the audio goes blank? Perhaps to further explain that these were helicopters just doing there jobs.

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Its most likely a firefighting heli like this one .Elvis

Sure....it could be a helicopter or it could be......

Until or unless I see a blade, skids, bucket, pilot or alien....it remains unidentified to me

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
It is a helicopter. The sky is overexposed and you can't see the rotor. You can see the tail boom momentarily, though.

There was a similar thread about a UFO picture that turned out to be a streetlight in an overexposed sky.

Come on, people.

edit on 18-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

You're probably right but an assumption isn't the smoking gun around here. Besides, I stated that in the very beginning. Didn't stop me from making this thread

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
wondered if maybe it was a large water bag/tank for dowsing flames, suspended from a helicopter (which you can't see as it is up out of frame)?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Cant have the sound of a heli ruining a good ufo clip.
That vid looks like a cut and chop of different reports ,the Fire truck is from Heywood in SE Victoria ,while the reporter at the start is talking about the NSW fires

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Go to 0:36 and as Lyons666 says you can see the tail boom become clear

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Go to 0:36 and as Lyons666 says you can see the tail boom become clear

Furthermore, this is what is actually being used:
Helicopter Fire Fighting & Water Bombing

Australia is going through a horrific bush fire season:
Australia Braces for "catastrophic wildfire day

Also, a word from the Helicopter Company fighting the blazes, from which above pic was abstracted:
Heliaust Link

Peace!! ID

edit on 18-1-2013 by ItDepends because: double removed

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Depending on the size of the fire, there could be as many as a dozen aircraft in the vicinity, water bombers, spotter planes, search and rescue, even news choppers.

Odds are pretty high it was one of those.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Yeah, I just posted some additional supporting info regarding the helicopters, as much as I'd love it to be an alien ship, it just ain't.

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

It's a frisky thrown by a bunyip.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It doesn't look like a helicopter to me. What I think it could be is the circular thing they carry water in. It hangs much lower than the helicopter.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubSea

Plus the 'prop wash' would blow the smoke away under the chopper.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
wondered if maybe it was a large water bag/tank for dowsing flames, suspended from a helicopter (which you can't see as it is up out of frame)?

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
It doesn't look like a helicopter to me. What I think it could be is the circular thing they carry water in. It hangs much lower than the helicopter.

possible? this is the closest I could find on a quick search...

edit on 18-1-2013 by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join