It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate panel to consider bill to ban federal regulation of Michigan-made guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Now this is an idea that I like. This is the power of the states decision in my book. Michigan wants to use this to bring manufacturers into the state. I hope it works. With the economy we have around here we could use some new manufacturing jobs. It is also the state standing up to the federal govrnment which I did not expect to happen. Who knows if this will ever pass but I like the idea.

www.freep.com...

LANSING — A state Senate committee is to take up a bill Wednesday aimed at partly nullifying federal gun regulations as President Barack Obama moves to tighten gun control in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., school killings.

The bill would prohibit federal regulation in Michigan of firearms, firearm accessories and ammunition wholly manufactured in Michigan.

Sponsored by Sen. Phil Pavlov, R-St. Clair, and 12 other Republican senators, the bill is largely symbolic and its legality is questionable. One senator said it could also serve as an economic development tool that could attract gun manufacturers to Michigan.

“I am proud to stand with hard-working, law-abiding Michiganders who rightfully own a gun,” Pavlov posted on his Facebook page, saying he introduced the Michigan Firearms Freedom Act “in response to national threats against our 2nd Amendment rights.”

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Good for us!!!

I wonder if he will speak at the rally Saturday?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Good for us!!!

I wonder if he will speak at the rally Saturday?

There is also an open carry rally scheduled for february 8th as well. I will be attending that one as it is taking place on a weekday when the lawmakers will actually be there. I don't understand the premise of holding rallies while there is nobody in town to listen. Here is a flier for the feb 8 event.

edit on 1-19-2013 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Yeah, I get the weekend thing, but I think it also has to do with the fact that I believe it is also going on at the same time, in all the other states participating.

I may be able to swing a vacation day.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
reply to post by usmc0311

Yeah, I get the weekend thing, but I think it also has to do with the fact that I believe it is also going on at the same time, in all the other states participating.

I may be able to swing a vacation day.

Actually february 8th was the original day for the nationwide rally. I don't know if the one tomorrow is being done by a different group or what. Here is the flier for the original event that was created a few weeks ago. I tried to link the facebook pages but I can't get the links to work. There are pages for both of the fliers in this thread. I hope you can make it out to at least one of them. We should do it once a month to really drive our point home.

[snipped]
edit on Sat Jan 19 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Wait, would that include federally regulated accessories such as silencers? Machine guns? The future is looking pretty sweet for Michigan!
edit on 18-1-2013 by doesntmakesense because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by doesntmakesense
Wait, would that include federally regulated accessories such as silencers? Machine guns? The future is looking pretty sweet for Michigan!
edit on 18-1-2013 by doesntmakesense because: (no reason given)

That would be nice. It would be nice to be able to own that stuff without having to deal with the Federal restrictions and permits. I doubt they will go that far but I guess we will see. There should be no problem for a law abiding citizen to own such weapons and accessories.

top topics

join