It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Y'all come to Texas, state official tells New York gun owners

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

this just in ...

Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott has a message for New York gun owners: Come to Texas, and bring your guns with you.

"Texas is better than New York, and New York just gave us another excuse to say that," Abbott, a Republican, said on Thursday, after ads extolling Texas appeared on several media websites.

One ad says in classic Western script: "WANTED: Law abiding New York gun owners seeking lower taxes and greater opportunities."

"It is tongue in cheek, but there is a deeper message here," he said. "Texas really does stand as the last bastion of ultimate freedom in this country. Over the last decade, more than 4 million people moved to this state, and one reason is freedom and one reason is economic opportunity."

texas! i have been looking into moving to this state and contrary to poular belief, it is not a republican state through and through. there are some counties that are independent, as far as their political beliefs. and there's lots of room for all if you feel the need to distance yourself from others.

Abbott has said he will file a federal lawsuit to throw out any nationwide gun restrictions implemented by Congress.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
another nice thing about texas, no state income tax ...

Clicking on the ad leads to a Facebook page touting the virtues of Texas, including the fact that the state has no income tax so "you'll be able to keep more of what you earn and use that extra money to buy more ammo."

also, for people moving to the state, their motor vehicle department does not check out [computer link] your identity from the state you previously lived in.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

"Texas is better than New York.

Classic. We need some of your politicians over here.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I visited Texas recently, as a British man myself, and I was very impressed by what I saw there.

If the shtf here in the UK, and world war appears to be breaking out, I'll be finding a way to move us over to Texas if at all possible.

Last bastion of the true meaning of the American dream.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If Texas had no oil, would it really still be as prosperous as they claim?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

if so, there would be less 'bushes' there.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I drove through Oklahoma and into Texas a while back. One thing I noticed instantly was how much better the roads were in TX.

And yes, people really were wearing cowboy hats. I thought it was a stupid stereotype, but even in the big fancy malls I saw dudes in expensive cowboy hats. It was interesting.

Not really my kind of place though. I don't do well with weird bugs and snakes. I'd like to see a desert some day though. I've never seen a cacti in it's natural enviroment before.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Is that relevant?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm so gonna be moving to Texas in the future. Just not soon enough.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
although texas has plenty of oil.. we hold teh biggest reserves in the US and our oil outmatches all of the other states combined other then maybe alaska. There have been many new oil fields found lately that hold WAY more oil then ever before so yah we are good there

But I will say even if we didnt then yes we would still be doing good we have allot going on over here not involving oil.

I moved ot texas a year ago and I have lived all over the US and I will tell you I will not be moving this is now my home. I love it here!

people ar every relaxed
there isnt 15mil laws about everything
people love guns here and hardcore fireworks which is good
they really push self sustaining here
locally grown, green, NON GMO is a big thing here
lots of people have solar power and solar heating
we have some major companies based here like Dell
people are very friendly here but they also mind their own business and keep to themselves

Lots of other reasons but its a great place!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Any room for Canadians?

Can't even think about becoming a gun owner up here without being branded a criminal these days. Plus, I'm from Alberta (which everyone here calls the Texas of Canada anyways)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

If the Middle east had no oil, would we have any aircraft carriers stationed there?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

The roads are better and cleaner. Our state is one of the only states left that still has prisoners do community service, plus Texas just takes a lot of pride in looking pretty. I've gone into Louisiana and after you cross the border you can actually feel the difference in the road.

The weird bugs and snakes depend on what part of Texas you're in. We're like a small country and every part is different. I live in East Tx. which if beautiful forests with no bears and almost no poisonous snakes. Just pine trees and lots of rivers and lakes.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yeah, but those New Yorkers better hurry. There's a lot of states between New York and Texas and I wouldn't doubt if road blocks are going to be set up soon to make sure that them there illegal guns aren't being "trafficked" into other states.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
How much is the gas?

I might move there if you impress me with the gas prices.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I paid $3.04 yesterday

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Down by 39 cents, let me know when it gets lower.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Well i am going to throw out a prediction here that within 1-2 months max that gas is going to completely drop in price by a huge amount. its been steadily going down and with all of the new oil rigs being found all over the US and new oil operations going up every day I think we will see something good from it at least at the gas pumps.

We could be headed back to $2.00 a gallon I doubt they will let it drop under that just because they are greedy... That how it works, raise the price by allot for a while then drop it back down to double what it was before the rise and people will be happy they forget gas was a $1.00 a gallon then went to $3+ very quickly so when it goes back down to $2 people will be like YAH! and not think wait why is it not back to $1

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I was stationed in Texas in the army, loved Killeen, if Texas seceded, I'm grabbing my son and heading back

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Dear Texans,

If you were to secede from the union and become your own country, how would you encourage your new national governments to handle immigration?

If Texas was a national body, or in a conglomerate with other likeminded states, I would emigrate there in a heartbeat if I was allowed. At present, Texas doesn't have the texport (technical exports) to support a genetic biologist, but I imagine that if it became a nation, biomedical research would become a top priority for Texasland so I would be wanted.

How would you feel about a flag waving British national living in your country? I mean, I love the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (you know I'm drunk when I start using its full name) and I would die to defend her, but at the same time, I feel like the current administration (where current, read: for the last 100ish years) has eroded our freedoms, and status as a global superpower. At the same time though, I want to live somewhere where I can be myself and provide for me and my family without worrying about the length of my >3" non locking folding pocket knife when in public.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join