It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why our World is a Prison Planet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Forgive me if i've missed a whole heap of comments by saying this!
i think this post can be linked to the 'Ophelism' post by arpgme.
You can either view it as a prison planet or a school planet.
Most of the things we view as detrimental as unenlightened beings, when we achieve spiritual 'enlightenment', we view as trivial.Such as having all of your belongings repossessed, your wife and kids leave you, becoming sick etc.

A being on the path to enlightenment would view these as wonderful ways to learn lessons!
Those who are materialistic however, would view these things as terrible awful afflictions.
You lose your job as a high power businessman and can only find work on a farm.
materialistic: you are devastated and you don't know what to do with yourself. Find yourself depressed by having to do such menial work.

enlightened: you are thrilled! you are on a complete change of course in your life, you are meeting new people who understand the importance of nature and you have the opportunity to sit on that porch with an ice tea and watch the baby lambs frollick in the grass fields

This is in no way to offend by the way! I just think in order to achieve enlightenment we need to be fully immersed in these physical attachments in order to lose them and realise we are still able to live without them

Namaste!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

You built your prison and you hold the keys. Dont blame others for being your jailor if you refuse to open your cell door.

Again. Freedom does not exist and anyone that tells you different is a liar. Life is about choice and living with the consequences

I find these two things you state to be contradictory, logically.

edit on 19-1-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnik

dragnik, you asked:

Prison planet? Whose prisoners? Aliens' or of some privileged groupation?

Effectively, you are a prisoner to the needs of your own body.

If you have a family, and you are the bread winner, then you are a prisoner to the needs of your body, and the bodies of your family members.

On the surface, it may look like you are working for the "system", but if you analyze the situation, and cut out all the "middle men", you will see that ultimately, you are a slave to the needs of your body.

Therefore, the thing that really imprisons you, is your physical body.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
We're spirits shackled into the confines of our physical bodies, which happen to be portable torture devices on top of that due to the high level of pain it processes. I actually believe a noncorporeal existence in the physical third dimension is possible without having to be tethered to a biological body, but that's so far beyond our current level of evolution that we can't fathom how it could even be possible.

The low level of evolution of our species and accompanying negative forces are so grim that the sayings "it's a school" and "it's a part of the whole" aren't much more than things to help us fall asleep at night. Civilization is constantly bungling itself because of our immaturity, not for the sake of it.

edit on 19-1-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Avoiceinthewilderness

Hi ,

You wrote a beautiful post. Thank you for that.

I have been interested in NDEs ("Near Death Experiences") for quite some time.
I take the topic of NDEs very seriously.
So, thank you for sharing your story.

In your post, you said, and I quote:

I believe we live in a spiritual breeding ground.

I like this idea, and the explanation that you provided, a lot.

I wish you all of the best!
QMask

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
We all as people are conditioned by our parents, our teachers, the media, our governments and sometimes religion.
This is what makes us who we are, we are also controlled by anyone or all of these groups.
In order to survive and flourish we have to play the game, and in a sense we are thus imprisoned to do so.
Dont play the game and you end up on the street begging for food, or you can end your life.
I think the problem with ending ones life is no one knows whats on the other side. I feel its better to play the game just to see whats going to unfold.
I also think although we are imprisoned to a certain extant in our physical body, by meditating you can get a glimpse of what lies beyond.
So, I think we are more in a school situation than a prison as a prison infers we are being punished, we are here to learn but our lessons are here on earth not on the moon or mars or some other galaxy.
Which is why we have physical bodies to restrict us and no knowledge of past lives as we are not permitted to know what has happened in past lives or what is truly beyond as that would hamper the lessons we are learning now.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have engaged in discussions like this many times, more centered around this idea. Could a person truly go to Heaven and live in eternal peace? The argument being that humans are always striving for "more". More money, more education, to run further, etc. We are never happy with what we have or where we are. Even the rich and powerful want more. So...why would we be happy in Heaven for eternity? Wouldn't we want more peace, more perfectness? Wouldn't we want "something else"? I say that we would.

So...if God were to reach his hand down to the world and offer you Heaven (a completely spiritual existence), how many would give up the physical existence? Would you give up sex, getting drunk now and then, laughing, the taste of a steak, etc. I'm not sure I could...even for a 100% spiritual existence in Heaven.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LipstickMystic

Hi LipstickMystic,

Thank you for your very optimistic post.

I enjoyed reading your post, and it made me think about similar claims that I have heard in the past.

Personally, I have not really seen or experienced the things that you are talking about in your post. Things like: "miraculous healings, amazing manifestations, or other experiences most people rate as impossible".

If these "miracles" do in fact happen, I often wonder if they come from a "good" source, or a "bad" source.

From your post, I get the impression that you believe these "miracles" come from a "good" source.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

Hi WeAreAWAKE,

Thank you for your post.
In your post, you wrote, and I quote:

So...if God were to reach his hand down to the world and offer you Heaven (a completely spiritual existence), how many would give up the physical existence? Would you give up sex, getting drunk now and then, laughing, the taste of a steak, etc. I'm not sure I could...even for a 100% spiritual existence in Heaven.

Wow man, I wouldn't even think twice!

I would gladly give up the "sex, getting drunk now and then, laughing, the taste of a steak, etc".

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

Thank you kudegras for your very insightful response.

You have obviously thought about these things many times before.

Your post also made it clear to me that you understood my OP.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SageRivers

Hi SageRivers,

Thank you for your great post.
You wrote, and I quote:

i think this post can be linked to the 'Ophelism' post by arpgme.

I have actually read this particular thread (OP) the other day, and I liked it a lot.

For those who haven't read this tread yet, here is the link:
A new philosophy: Ophelism

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by QMask
Wow man, I wouldn't even think twice!

I would gladly give up the "sex, getting drunk now and then, laughing, the taste of a steak, etc".

Me too, and that's because I've learned over and over how finite those experiences are, and how selective my mind is when it comes to making permanent (albeit dim) memories out of them.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
reply to post by QMask

Even in the spirit realm there is a hierarchy so absolute freedom can't even be found there.
We are slaves to our consciousness. . .

Can't say I've ever had a near-death experience, even though I attempted suicide once and nearly died (was put on life support, lost consciousness for a day). But I had read a few books on it. One was called Journey of Souls, and this psychiatrist put a lot of people under regressive hypnosis and recorded what they said (supposedly). If that is true, then all of his patients told a similar story. And you would be right. There is a hierarchy there that sends us out here to "learn" (which I do not believe is the real reason), then they judge us upon our return. They say we "choose" our life. I don't buy it. I don't think we're given a choice at all. Oh and the cherry on top: we all have a representative, kind of like a counselor, or an agent or something. They sit down and talk with us in between lives. I think mine took a permanent vacation.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Hi EllaMarina,

Thank you for your very insightful post.

In particular, I liked two things that you said, and I quote:

We're spirits shackled into the confines of our physical bodies, which happen to be portable torture devices on top of that, due to the high level of pain it processes.

The low level of evolution of our species, and accompanying negative forces, are so grim, that the sayings "it's a school" and "it's a part of the whole" aren't much more than things to help us fall asleep at night.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

The problems that come with a body are the bodies problems not yours. You think they're yours because on some level your identity is still tied to the body. You imagine that you are a more subtle form stuck inside the physical body. The body exists inside of awareness. The afflictions of the body belong to the body and awareness is untouched by them. Your real identity is the awareness not the object of awareness. So the real prison is the false identification with the body and also with the mind. Once this false-identity is dropped then the problems of the body and the mind are simply the problems of the body and mind, theyre not 'yours'.

Can you see that when you say "my problems" there is an identification there with the body? They are the body's problems, leave them to the body it will take care of them. You are the awareness in which all this is happening. But this is only a belief until the false-identification is actually dropped.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

We are prisoners of our own consciousness. Our sensory awareness is so primitive that we wouldn't know freedom if it bit us in the butt.

Talking monkeys with egos can't even begin to conceptualize real freedom. Human language can't describe it so how can we experience it.

Transcending the ego is only a minute step toward true awareness and escape into the cosmos.

In fact mankind is in the process of deevolution back to superstitious, brutal savages. As a species we aren't getting smarter and when we eventually destroy ourselves the universe won't even notice. There's your prison!!!

edit on 19-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

Hi MrUncreated,

Thank you for your post.

I must say that I am always very sceptical of information gained through "regressive hypnosis".

But besides that, I have also heard the idea of there being a "counselor" to assist souls in between lives.

I am not sure I buy this whole story of "counselors" and "choosing lives" either. I am still kind of undecided on this whole idea.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
How does the "story" go? We are made physical first so that we can learn to hate it before we become ethereal. That way we won't miss being physical or wonder what its like. Been there done that.

Everyone is going to grow old, get sick and die. Thats the way of things. By that time, we are ready for what comes next.

No jumping the gun...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
How does the "story" go? We are made physical first so that we can learn to hate it before we become ethereal. That way we won't miss being physical or wonder what its like. Been there done that.

Everyone is going to grow old, get sick and die. Thats the way of things. By that time, we are ready for what comes next.

No jumping the gun...

If we were truly free, we would have the power to become ethereal or corporeal at will, whenever we choose. Instead we have no choice. In anything, really. We get what we get, and that's that. We don't even get to choose what we look like.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join