It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman: Hospital doubted molestation charge -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Woman: Hospital doubted molestation charge

TORONTO, Jan. 18 (UPI) -- A Canadian woman says hospital officials initially rebuffed her when she accused a doctor of sexually molesting her while she was under anesthesia.

The woman testified in a Toronto courtroom during the trial of anesthesiologist Dr. George Doodnaught, who is accused of sexually assaulting 21 women, the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. reported Thursday.

The 41-year-old woman detailed in graphic terms how she was molested in February 2010 while sedated but conscious in an operating room at North York General Hospital.

How horrific. To be so helpless - you can’t even fight back. Not only appalling but evil.

The woman said when she complained to the head of anesthesiology, he told her there had been no other complaints against the doctor.

The hospital later admitted there had been complaints about the doctor, and the hospital and police opened investigations.

After Doodnaught was arrested, 20 other women filed similar complaints.

Doodnaught has pleaded not guilty to all 21 charges.

I don't know what's worse - the abuse of power on the part of the doctor - or the cover up conspiracy by hospital.

And of course he's not guilty right? All 21 times.

peace

edit on 18-1-2013 by silo13 because: space

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So, I'm guessing while the investigation and court proceedings are going on, he gets to continue practicing?

What a complete scumbag. I sure hope if and when he is found guilty, he looses his license forever and gets a nice vacation in a 6"x9".

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I wonder what medication he used. I didn't see it in the article. Some meds can cause hallucinations (NOT saying that is what happened here). But I think there are few drugs that cause consciousness but paralysis. Should be easy to find out if he used one of those drugs.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'd be fascinated to hear more about this 'screening' that allowed him to molest a patient on the operating table without anyone else in the room having any idea what happened. ...and 21 times? Okay, I want to hear about charged accomplices. Omission of action IS action itself and I'd absolutely feel that way if I were among the victims who got molested AND no support or help from those I flat can't believe knew nothing all 20+ (and how many MORE uncharged incidents??) times.

Err... this doesn't compute. It just doesn't fly for me....and the cover-up goes a bit beyond Doctor Feelgood there, IMO.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree, what were all those other people doing? Something doesn't seem right at all.
Maybe she was just one of those unlucky patients who need just a little more drugs to knock out. Maybe since he was doing an vaginal hysterectomy she didn't like the way he was touching her while doing. I wonder what operation he was performing on those other 21 women.
edit on 18-1-2013 by geldib because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
There definitely are a lot of questions. Reminds me though of the case where the dentist was doing the same.

I was going to put in some links but where to start! I could load the whole page with links to dentists that have been accused of molesting patients - so I don’t see how it couldn’t happen also with a doctor.

That being said? I still think the article I linked to for the story lacked a lot of info.

peace

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The link and information posted below was released to teh news on the 17th of this month/year

Woman testifies about operating room sex assault

* Warning the article above goes into graphic detail*

She told the court she recalled being unable to move and was shocked by what was happening with other doctors and nurses just steps away.

"I said to him, 'What about the other people and he lifted his head a little and said 'I know how to be discreet.'"

Lots more info there - graphic.

The woman told the court the next thing she remembered was the feeling and smell of the doctor forcing himself on her.

And it just keeps getting more chilling.

The woman testified that the day after her surgery, Doodnaught woke her up in her hospital room by caressing her cheek. She told the court she was scared when she saw him and when he asked if she remembered anything from the day before she lied and said no.

The woman testified she was eventually told there had been previous complaints against Doodnaught.
The hospital and police both launched investigations, ultimately leading to the current charges against Doodnaught.
The allegations from the other 20 women are similar.

Female patients claim Doodnaught kissed them, fondled their breasts and placed his ***** in their mouths and hands.

Nowhere in the article does it say if this pervert is still practicing - and the trial continues.

peace

top topics

join