It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA To Remove Controversial X-Ray Scanners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

TSA TO REMOVE CONTROVERSIAL X-RAY SCANNERS

www.huffingtonpost.com

WASHINGTON — The Transportation Security Administration confirms that it is getting rid of airport body scanners that produce a naked image of travelers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1/18/2013 by semperfortis because: Corrected ALL CAPS

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I guess they, your congress, had a mandate to remove these but I was surprised to see it was followed up lol.

My question is... In place of what?

I cannot see them rolling back due to public pressure, or cost and/or effectiveness. What other intrusive means do they want to get their hands on next, or already have?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
According to this other thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... they're just replacing them with another brand of the same thing.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

TSA TO REMOVE CONTROVERSIAL X-RAY SCANNERS

We are no longer in danger of a terrorist with a bomb up his or her a$s because they hate us for our freedom?

What a relief!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Ya beat me to it.
Here's a link from Gizmodo.

gizmodo.com...

Personally why cna't they make these things like Total Recall.

That would be acceptable no?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I hate to say it, but this just means that there will be more uniformed TSA agents around, gloving up, and feeling up the passengers, of all ages and races, of all internal and external flights.

I do not think that the scanners could be replaced with another technological solution, because no one will trust it. But I doubt people are going to be any happier getting felt up on a more frequent basis at the terminal either.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

That would be awesome! No lines, just walk on by.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Fantastic! I would never use one of those. Does this mean more pat downs/feel ups? I hope so! Send over the blonde every time.

Whoops, too soon and too late. I saw your post about the other thread, and they're just refining the tech. I still won't use them. Zap me with X-rays? I don't think so.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned if someone in airport authority gets off looking at myjunk, more power to them.
I would be flattered, but I think they would run away.....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There are 2 companies providing the Machines. The company being removed, used low X-Ray beams to scan the passengers. TSA needed to tweak the machines, but the company could not comply. Their machine are being replaced by another company's machines. Nothing changes, business as usual. Instead of X-rays they are using radio waves.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Shoot i dont understand why they dont use cameras like wal-mart all around the airport you can zoom into people personal effects like purses, dressing rooms what have you. I dont understand why they just dont put cameras everywhere in the airport. facial recognition you could slip technology like this in under Anyones nose at the airport.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
some here seem to think they will be getting rid of scanners altogether, they are only getting rid of the ones that produce the detailed image, they will still have ones that merely produce a more generic outline.

enjoy the radiation.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

About dang time. What a lousy implementation.

top topics

join