It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook hoax is falling apart

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMOKINGGUN2012
www.examiner.com...

Quite possibly the most obvious example would be to point out that the entire gun control “debate” hinges on the fact that “assault” weapons were used to kill children and staff at the school. Even though it was reported, complete with video evidence the day after the shootings, the only so-called “assault” weapon at the scene had been left in the trunk of the car and was never used. (A car that ended up not belonging to the alledged shooter, Adam Lanza, or his mother after all).

Here is the problem, in my opinion...
One bad piece of information calls the entire "piece" into question.
I don't keep up on (follow intently) the many lines of questionable information that came out of the Sandy Hook incident...so, I'm willing to assume that someone who goes to the trouble of putting a "piece" like this together has (verified the facts they're presenting).
But --- unless I have missed something that emerged after the initial flurry of investigation into the car belonging to an alleged felon, and the license plates on the car towed away (purported to belong to Ms. Lanza, and thus, being the car from which the long rifle or shotgun was removed on camera) - the "fact" stated above is unreliable.
It seemed to me that the most compelling explanation of the police radio recordings identified two vehicles... One being the Honda at the school - and the other being a Nissan that had been "pulled over" in a traffic stop (most likely, not at the school).
Could be that every other reference is spot-on accurate... But, one tarnished fact, calls into question the entire article...for me.
And, the amount of credibility I will attribute to the writer & their arguments & conclusions will probably send me running in another direction anytime I see something espoused by said writer (as well as anyone who will publish their work/s).
...Sorry to cast water on the general OP.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Examiner. Validity. Receptiveness. Anyone?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
Good grief. Hasn't this been gone into long enough? How many "conspiracies" do you people need to obsess over so you that can discover yet more so-called inconsistencies that you can then thread together to make a batpoop crazy conspiracy??? Have you no shame?

It seems like it's a crime to investige a crime these days.

Get off your high horse you pompous idiot.
edit on 18-1-2013 by ConspiracyNutjob because: (no reason given)

Great attitude there, bubba.

Its not a crime to investigate a crime, but it is also no crime to look down on some who encourage the spread of information proven to be false or unfounded, simply so their conspiracy theory seems to be more plausible. What information is that, you ask? Here are two fine examples:

The video about the gun in the car.
The information about the "second car's" license plate.

Neither of the those two pieces of evidence are what raise my suspicions about this case.

My attitude is just fine thank you.

The spread of misinformation is just one of the things that gets people riled up about it, and it does nobody any good, on either side of the fence. His original comment was not pointed at you specifically, it was a general statement towards those that spread the BS. If you are not one that runs with those two specific bits of BS that I mentioned, congratulations - you are at least a wee bit smarter than some of the others.

You are implying that I am a wee bit smarter than others but not smarter than you, just come out and say it. I stand with the evidence, and the evidence implies that the official story is bogus. The 'official story' is what the media says is 'the official story', they create the reality for the majority of the population.

We are living in 1984 and the ministry of truth will dictate our reality and label anybody that questions their reality a 'conspiracy nut'. This pattern has been going on for quite some time now and it will continue at a much greater pace until they find a way to lock up all of those 'conspiracy nut's'.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Maybe I should follow up with why, I am concerned. When an individual tries to find every inconsistency in any event, they will find it. Why? Because everyone has a different view of what they witness. Example, sit in a small group and whisper a short story to the person next to you and pass it on. When you get to the end, the story has changed.

The dangers of you always falling for things like this will undoubtedly, cause paranoia, among other mental conditions. Think about these views you are expressing out on this site. My brother is a hardcore conspiracy theorist and is one of the true believer's that the world was going to end in December of last year. He is so paranoid and I worry about him. He actually quit his job because he believed what people on this and other sites were telling him. He is still alive and still out of a job.

Please get yourselves some help, for your own self interest and those who are around you.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
apologies if this has already been covered, humour me, but I saw a video which stated the condolence page for Sandy Hook was set up days before the shooting- somebody please tell me this has been debunked?

It has been debunked repeatedly. Just visit the LOL forum, you will find a thread there on it.
It was "debunked" because the creator came out and admitted they did so, adding that it was to prove a point to conspiracy theorists.

Question is, who really reappropriates a recently made Facebook page to a memorial, rather than create a new or convert the existing? I think the LOL is on those that saw the reasoning explained and viewed it as a "debunk".
It was still created before the fact.
Fact.

When watching the first interviews of students of SH, one 3rd grader stated that nothing really happened there that day.

After comparing the lack of students who said that they saw anything worth mentioning to a non rushed, bloodless, victimless scene to follow, I considered that too.

Now I only wonder what the upcoming final report will be missing. My guess is it will be something that starts and ends with the letter 'E'.

With Sandy Hook, one needs not make up conspiracies about it.

Just claim it didn't happen.
Maybe others will then employ critical thought process to this event, and ask themselves, how do I know this massacre actually happened?

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Here's the thing....

If the internet and the ease of modern communication is beginning to prevent the successful use of propaganda? How long until the means of doing so is severely restricted?

I can see the next big push to NOT be a ban on guns or types of guns, but a severe restriction on online media.

They had already attempted to do so several times and luckily, the attempts to do so were largely unsuccessful, but we have to make sure that internet communication and free media does NOT get thrown away under the guise of protecting copyrights because that is the next big push I see coming.

I'm afraid that the corporations that promote television, movies and music will have to find an alternate means of revenue generation in the near future because they will NOT be able to stop pirating without severe restriction of that which the people need most. The freedom of communication that the modern internet provides the people.

Aside from the ability to keep and bear arms, THAT is the most important freedom that the people possess.

The only reason that the freedom to keep and bear arms is more important is that it is essential to prevent the limitation or elimination of the latter.

Jaden
edit on 18-1-2013 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by malachi777
I have only a couple things to say, "Some of you conspiracy theorists are truly odd individuals!" And, "you need a therapist and possibly medication, because many of these theories are so far out there, that you have to suffer from some sort of delusional mental illness." I do not say this to berate you, but your thought process really concerns me and I fear for the well being of those around you.

No, actually you did want to berate those you disagree with by disparaging the state of their mental health. That's an insult and you damn well know it.

Also we are quite aware of ole #5, Perhaps a review of this could help.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

See, that is what I mean. Your paranoia leads you to believe I am a disinformation agent. When an alcoholic needs help, do you not tell him/her to get help? When a child steals candy from a candy store, do you not tell them it is wrong?

I am not berating you, I am a prime example of having a loved one whose thought process is the same as yours. I witness his actions, and see his suffering. You are in the same boat as he is and he is not willing to get help.

Believe me, or not. If one person on here takes my advice, then I have done my job. Disinformation agent or a concerned individual, you pick.

edit on 18-1-2013 by malachi777 because: add

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

@ 4:45

Can someone confirm exactly who this man is that was arrested dressed in army camouflage fatigues, and WHO is the second man that got away in the forest behind the school?
edit on 18-1-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This information does NOT make it a conspiracy. It could be that there was someone there helping that animal and law enforcement cannot getting enough information to prove it. People help people commit crimes all the time and they never get caught. But where does the conspiracy come in? Oh, I know, someone else conspired to help him and then got away. No government conspiracy here.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SMOKINGGUN2012

I am more and more please with seeing how well this is falling apart and how many people are catching onto it. I for one have been suspicious from the moment I saw parents and children walking from the school with straight faces, no tears, no emotions, no lights on the firetruck no ambulance, it has been all to obvious from the beginning. Last week videos started disappearing at an alarming rate...this week even more so. Kudos to all who are finally seeing past their noses...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I have only a couple things to say, "Some of you conspiracy theorists are truly odd individuals!" And, "you need a therapist and possibly medication, because many of these theories are so far out there, that you have to suffer from some sort of delusional mental illness." I do not say this to berate you, but your thought process really concerns me and I fear for the well being of those around you.

In other words, you are an elitist statist here to slander and demonize those who are not collectivist robots like yourself.

Got it.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by malachi777

I struggle to understand why you would come to this site then? I mean if your mental health is so stable, why do you frequent a "conspiracy" site?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I fear for the world, constanty endangered by those who won't see what's right in front of their eyes. I consider that more than asleep at the wheel, for some who don't have a good excuse other than laziness, or willingness to be bought off with trinkets and big screen tvs, they're co-creators and co-murderers with the corrupt leaders and corporations.

edit on 18-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Good grief. Hasn't this been gone into long enough? How many "conspiracies" do you people need to obsess over so you that can discover yet more so-called inconsistencies that you can then thread together to make a batpoop crazy conspiracy??? Have you no shame?

It seems like it's a crime to investige a crime these days.

Get off your high horse you pompous idiot.
edit on 18-1-2013 by ConspiracyNutjob because: (no reason given)

Great attitude there, bubba.

Its not a crime to investigate a crime, but it is also no crime to look down on some who encourage the spread of information proven to be false or unfounded, simply so their conspiracy theory seems to be more plausible. What information is that, you ask? Here are two fine examples:

The video about the gun in the car.
The information about the "second car's" license plate.

Neither of the those two pieces of evidence are what raise my suspicions about this case.

My attitude is just fine thank you.

The spread of misinformation is just one of the things that gets people riled up about it, and it does nobody any good, on either side of the fence. His original comment was not pointed at you specifically, it was a general statement towards those that spread the BS. If you are not one that runs with those two specific bits of BS that I mentioned, congratulations - you are at least a wee bit smarter than some of the others.

You are implying that I am a wee bit smarter than others but not smarter than you, just come out and say it. I stand with the evidence, and the evidence implies that the official story is bogus. The 'official story' is what the media says is 'the official story', they create the reality for the majority of the population.

We are living in 1984 and the ministry of truth will dictate our reality and label anybody that questions their reality a 'conspiracy nut'. This pattern has been going on for quite some time now and it will continue at a much greater pace until they find a way to lock up all of those 'conspiracy nut's'.

Heh, I dont mince words - if I mean that, I'll come right out and shove it in your face, and I dont care much about how people feel about that. In this case, I could personally be "one of the many" you are smarter than, I dont know, dont particularly care.

I've never been one to use a blanket label for "conspiracy nuts". Each individual has their own way of interpreting things. Anyone that disagrees with another should be doing that because they genuinely disagree with that person, not because of a blanket label of "conspiracy nut". It's not fair to anyone to throw labels around like that; its not fair to you, to me, or anyone else.

There is not a bit wrong with questioning things, but I have issues with those that choose to question things because they are either spreading and/or gulping down false information and basing their questioning on that. Be sincere, be thorough, and have due diligence. If things still dont add up, thats fine - keep questioning.

But anyway ... what parts of the "official story" (whatever that may be, who knows at this point) do you think are false, or you think may show signs of manipulation?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless

Originally posted by SMOKINGGUN2012

WOW........

He went way out on a limb saying no rifle was used at all and saying Obama knows?? WOW.......

What difference does it make which exact weapon this idiot used to kill children?
That's what guns are for - to kill people. And in a civilized world, one could argue that guns are a bad thing.

By the way, what "Sandy Hook hoax"?
edit on 18-1-2013 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

So you think its ok for the US government, Piers Morgan and others to push this gun BS when it is possible that an assault rifle wasn't the weapon used at Sandy Hook? Its not about the shooting as much as its a tragedy, that cant be changed.. But gun laws based off false information can.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

If I had a kid killed in a questionable event and I wasn't allowed to even question or explore the official story....

Now that would be a shame wouldn't it?

The real shame is the attempt at censoring investigations into a legitimate crime, filled with lies.
When the official investigation results come out; you expect us to just stfu and not question it?

Alway and I mean ALWAYS question authority. They don't have a great record of telling us the truth.

Questioning authority simply because of the fact that it is authority is just plain ridiculous. That is no better than me questioning a person simply because they are from the middle east. They dont have a great track record either, right? *facepalm

You also equate "authority" with "they", meaning others. So if you're in a position of "authority", people should question everything you say, all the time, without regards for what it is?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless

And in a civilized world, one could argue that guns are a bad thing.

Did you just say "CIVILIZED WORLD " ? the act of being civilized is nothing but a lie to give an advantage on the playing field, to the team who structured this society, while demonizing people.

Look at our "CIVILIZED" politicians. Very educated, well spoken yet their decisions and policies MURDER innocent people worldwide as they send the "UNCIVILIZED" pawns to do their dirty work so their hands are clean. At least the perception of being clean.

Please show me what's so CIVILIZED about enslaving and controlling the majority of a populations lives in every aspect, not just gun control.

The children's deaths are a tragedy...but to persecute a multitude of responsible, gun owning people who had nothing to do with it, on the basis that it was an assault rifle is just an outright lie. The whole gun law is based on false pretenses and will solve absolutely nothing.

The criminals who murder people will always have the guns. As a matter of fact, NY has the strictest gun control on handguns yet these were what were used and are used in most of the crimes. It's obvious that their gun control on handguns doesn't work.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I am AMAZED by one thing. And that is, people from all walks of life, people who are not into conspiracy theories, are questioning the validity of the Sandy Hook story. I've been talking to a lot of the folks in my small town, people I have known for years.... church going folks, sweet people, who are talking about it and saying it was NOT REAL.

I think people are waking up the illusion that is being presented to them. Just remember though, the message of 2013 will be "if you believe in hoaxes or conspiracy theories, you are mentally ill!"

One of the most interesting things I noticed taking place in the Sandy Hook threads on ATS was the amount of posters descending upon these threads and labeling people who were questioning the OS as "NUTS, CRAZY, IN NEED OF PSYCHOLOGICAL HELP, and so on" The message for anyone questioning Sandy Hook is......"OH YOU"RE A NUT".

CNN carted Anderson Cooper out to basically tell Americans that if you question the story, well then, you're just CRRRAAAAZY.

They want to silence us so badly. They want us to go back to the days where we accepted everything spoon fed to us. Not anymore. It's too late.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join