It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footballer Manti left 'startled' by call from dead girlfriend who never was

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This is one seriously weird story. Just imagine getting a phone call from someone you thought had died. Then finding out the whole incident, from start to finish, was a hoax.

SOURCE

There is a video at the source. I couldn't find a YouTube version. If someone does find the YouTube version would you please post it.

When star college footballer Manti Te'o received a phone call from his "dead girlfriend", he knew something was desperately wrong.

"He became startled, shocked," said Jack Swarbrick, director of athletics at the University of Notre Dame, of the baffling saga surrounding the golden child of college football who claims to have been the victim of a gobsmacking and cruel online hoax.

Te'o claims that someone using the fictitious online name of Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with him and then conspired with others to lead him to believe that she had tragically died of cancer.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The story is soooo bizzare!!!

There is some more info along with the Deadspin article in this thread: Manti Te'o (Notre Dame Heisman finalist) dead girlfriend a HOAX

So from your source, he knew something was "off" in December but did nothing? Kinda makes me think that he is either in on it, or just made that part up. Why wouldn't have investigated then?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Every time I think that I have heard the worst someone comes along and proves me wrong. This is just so sick and wrong that I can not even begin to describe how I feel about it.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Im getting tired of seeing this story on every news site I go to, who cares... So he got scammed by some ghost girl that he never even met, poor him

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I believe you will see more and more of these stories. Why? THE MSM loves stories like this, and it diverts attention away from the fact that the government is in the process of destroying everyone of the the Bill of Rights. Don't look at that old man behind the curtain. Yes, it is a bizarre story, but does it really affect any of us? However, what the government is doing right now affects every one of us.
Let's not take our eye off the ball. It may hit us in the head.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hes a good athlete but had no business in the Heisman consideration. The ONLY reason he was a finalist was because of the PR good story bull. Till the tide rolled in
Story has more holes than sandy hook

new topics

top topics

join