It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Advanced Civilizations Live Inside a Black Hole?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A highly speculative theory, but an interesting one.

"We hypothesize that the advanced civilizations may live safely inside the supermassive black holes in the galactic nuclei being invisible from the outside, " according to Vyacheslav Dokuchaev --Moscow's Institute for Nuclear Research of the Russian Academy of Sciences.

The inner workings of these supermassive black holes may be less hostile than we realize, possibly with stable regions where life and even planets could exist, according to Russian cosmologist Vyacheslav Dokuchaev at Moscow's Institute for Nuclear Research of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Charged and rotating black holes have a complex internal structure that allow photons and particles of much greater magnitude to safely orbit the central singularity.

Dokuchaev's research demonstrates that "living inside the eternal black holes is possible in principle, if these black holes are rotating or charged and massive enough for weakening the tidal forces and radiation of gravitational waves to acceptable level." Type III advanced civilizations on the Kardashev scale that have achieved mastery of the resources of their galaxy, could inhabit such black hole interiors.

Could these massive black holes be a gateway to other universes or even other dimensions?

Source

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Do you have a link to this article you are quoting?

Never mind. I'm going blind. Haha
edit on 18-1-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 1questioner

Maybe that is why Stephen Hawking is a major theoriser in the field of black holes, he wants to live in one. I can see it now "Nobody will ever get me in here" Spinning round the black hole LMAO

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I am curious about what they mean by living between the two horizons would provide causality violation. I cannot comprehend that.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

black hole
Noun
A region of space having a gravitational field so intense that no matter or radiation can escape.
A figurative place of emptiness or aloneness

short answer no.

long answer no.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SecludedGamer

I must agree with your long answer of NO.

But the short answer has some truth to it also, so I guess it could be either.....

After I read about it in the OP's link, I had a tough time decifering what your opinion is on this topic, probably based on the assumption that you have one? The one sentence OP kind of makes it hard to see what you even think on the topic.....But I will answer your question....

NOPE
without yelling
nope

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

We know very little about black holes. Until recently they were only theorized to exist. It is very arrogant to simply say this hypothesis holds no merit whatsoever. In my humble opinion, of course.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I'm sorry but I can't be as definitive as you. Physicists readily admit that we only understand four percent of the universe.

Sometimes we think we're so smart, because we have all these great tools, but we only understand four percent. That's not good. Dark energy has shaped the history of the universe ever since the Big Bang, and if we want to understand the history of the universe, how it evolved and where it's going from here, dark energy plays a big role in that.

Source

I believe there is a lot more we have to learn before we can be so declarative.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Here is another article and a link that may help:

Article

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Thanks for the additional article, but it doesn't really address my question. I would like to see someone elaborate on now living between the two horizons would allow one to violate causality. Also, how do they propose a planet would get stuck between the two without being smashed to bits?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
We will never know, unless the send someone or something into one, I can't believe they haven't done this yet.......or have they?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MusicMaker

If we sent anything to the center of the galaxy, chances are humans would be long gone by the time it got there...

new topics

top topics

join