It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German gold conspiracies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hello ATS

The Germans started to pull their gold home as all of you know by now Link. I got a few conspiracy ideas for you on this issue, that I’ve been joking a little about last few days. Is Germany starting the end of the known currencies?

I found this little video clip from CNBC that is asking a similar question, here is a part of the transcript.

welcome back to fast money……..
let's talk about our market mystery, because this is a question that's been plaguing our traders all day here. look at that. the german bank is bringing home its gold, saying, quote, by 2020, the bank intends to store half of germany's gold reserves in its own vaults in germany. the question is, why is germany moving gold out of the united states? big question. why don't they trust us anymore? guy? well, lower manhattan, actually. couple things. this was out yesterday and i wasn't here yesterday so i want to -- you've been thinking about it. when it came out and the conspiracy theorists, i get all that. this is a huge story in my opinion, that is not a huge story now, but will be a huge story. why is that? because you have to ask yourself, why would germany decide to do this? what do they see that the rest of us don't see that requires them to physically move this gold out of lower manhattan and obviously in paris, as well, back to their borders? and i think that's really the question you have to ask. and the answer is, it can't be anything good. and if you think this is the first time, it's not. because the wacko down in venezuela did it a couple of years ago because people dismissed it -- because he's a wacko. right. if germany is going to be the last, they're not. people will line up and do this. you talk about runs on banks? this could be exactly that. if everybody wants their metal back at once, you better hope, a, that it's there and b, we're able to do it. and i'm telling you, the act itself is not bullish gold necessarily -- wait a minute. i have a question. question. go ahead. germany owns this physical gold, so, why is there any risk that is everybody is pulling their gold out that it won't be there. give the exact answer. when i worked at drexel berner, 1990, and you're going to say, you're a real back job -- i was going to say, you're old. we don't have time. drove the gold of central banks. it was their gold, but we had it. when the bankruptcy hit, everything was frozen. though it was their gold, they had no access to it. beeks can speak to this, as well. so, it's a lot better to have it in your possession than to have it in your possession in somebody else's vaults. the gold market is a little weird. if you buy a share of stock, it's yours, it's in your account. that's not the way it is with gold. there's not necessarily a serial number on every gold bar that says your name. is there maybe not enough gold in the bank? yeah, potentially. you sound like a real conspiracy theorist. well, gold is lent out every single day through the london bullion market. it's lent everywhere. so, if you have everybody trying to come after it at onetime, just look at what happened with mf global. a lot of people involved in that, warehouse receipts. took awhile to get that back, so, you need to be concerned. i think the bigger picture is, why is germany doing this now. exactly. they've had it here for 40-some odd years. why today? maybe they have their own vault. germany's got 10% of the world's gold reserves and to men, i don't think this is going to be a catalyst to other people. i certainly don't think why it's that big of a deal to give germany their gold when it's not backed against anything. so, this is the reason why people -- this is why gold is the thing people want to hold. there's nothing backing gold. there's mortgages. they don't have to worry about the soviets, which is why they moved it here in the first place. let's think about why they moved it here in the first place. you don't think it's a big deal and you do -- the netherlands, actually, have said they want their gold back, too. mystery. for now, it will remain a mystery. 2nd Link (video clip)

There may not be anything backed by gold at moment, but what if the petrodollar collapses within a near future?
Wouldn’t it be good to have some gold in such a situation, especially if at the same time the Euro collapses and the people rejects the coming “world currency”?

And this leads me to the second conspiracy idea, could there be a link to Mali?

Why only some of the gold and not all of it, do the Germans know US can’t bring back that much within the given timeframe?
Could there be a relation between the Mali invasion and Germany reclaiming its gold?

Mali is Africa's third largest gold producer after South Africa and Ghana. Mali produced 53,7 t of gold in 2009. 3rd Link

They are asking France and US to return the gold, France started and currently leading the Mali attacks, but the US will be pulled into this, when the Al Qaeda story has been spun a little more.

Mali also got uranium mines, could there be a link between Mali’s goldmines, the Mali invasions and Germany wanting to bring its gold home?

edit on 18-1-2013 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yes, yes , and yes...... You are onto something here.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
'follow the gold' ... that's how we'll find the answers.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
An old timer recently said to me that Germany has twice tried to take over the world by military force, now they've learned their lesson and are doing it by economic means.

I also like what somebody else said, that Germany never lost the 2nd World War, they just moved to America.

I have no idea, but the OP raises some relevant points in regards to Mali, which is undoubtedly rich in gold and other natural resources.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'm not sure that Germany are trying to end the current currencies, if they were why have they recently invested so much in propping up the Euro?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Thats why I've been joking about it. Its just ideas....there could be something about them, but it's more likely there isen't, but...

...if it all crashed the Germans lost nothing by subsidicing other countries, because they used wortless money. They might also have hoped for some cheap goodguy points, but it seams like the money works as gasoline to a fire, just look at the demonstrations in southern europe.

Maybe they are looking for a slow controled collapse, where they build up power (gold), while "milking" its surroundings? In this way France + US spend money on war + mining and at the same time Germany eats the fruits of the labor....building up some bodyfats for the comming winter?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
In a world without stable currency, gold will not be as valuable as many think. When your citizens are starving, gold will not feed them, when your citizens are freezing to death, gold will not heat them. What will really matter in a real crash is who holds the vital resources. Gas, Oil, Food, Water and Medicine. Gold is just a shiny metal used to make jewelery and electronics.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Agreed you cant eat gold and it would seam kind of useless if the entire worlds economies broke down. But it would be a good thing as backup if the NWO plans fails with some surviving economies and you as a nation has to rebuild a trustworthy none-fiat currency.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Think that's wrong - Gold is a store of value since I don't know the Romans. Why do you think all these Central Banks are making a run for the physical?

10 countries hoarding massive amounts of gold

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mimir

Agreed you cant eat gold and it would seam kind of useless if the entire worlds economies broke down. But it would be a good thing as backup if the NWO plans fails with some surviving economies and you as a nation has to rebuild a trustworthy none-fiat currency.

I see this argument all the time.

Tell me, can you eat your digital currency?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Germany knows...

If you can't stand in front of it and defend it, it's not really yours.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I'm not sure that Germany are trying to end the current currencies, if they were why have they recently invested so much in propping up the Euro?

They're steadying the house just long enough so that they can get out before it collapses on their heads. If they're doing what I think they're doing, then they're trying to keep the Euro afloat just long enough so that they can convert their cash reserves into commodities (gold, oil, infrastructure, etc.), much like the Chinese are doing with all of their excess US dollars. They all know that the collapse is imminent and they're trying to cash in all their soon-to-be-worthless scraps of fiat paper into real wealth before the wheels fall off.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's the start of a currency war between Central Banks. Its about Gold becoming the reserve currency again and the Dollar being dethroned. Basically, once China issues a gold backed Yuen, any currency that is not backed by gold will sink overnight. Why do you think France is in Mali? France knows full well that now Germany is repatriating Gold and knows exactly why, the Bank of France is next to hand over the Gold. France must now start securing as much Gold as possible in the event of a currency collapse acroos the globe. Mali, along with Ghana accounts for I think roughly 7%-8% of annual gold output, which if you put in to perspective is roughly 7%-8% of 2500 metric tonnes (approximate global gold output), that's a lot of gold. France can, as America and others have done in the past, get troops on the ground in the name of "war on terror" while securing vital gold mines.

America won't suffer though long term, I think people need to research in to America becoming one of, if not the biggest exporter of energy such as gas, within the next ten years. America, believe it or not, is on the verge of an energy boom, that will mess China right up, send Russia in to a frenzy and have Europe sitting on its hands, as usual, but that's for another topic.

This really should be on people's radar. It makes me laugh on ATS, the kind of topics that really have no basis of factual evidence tend to fly to the top, topics which affect the planet and are very much real, are left out of sight. Makes you wonder if it really is down to topic popularity or just what ATS want people to discuss, but again, that's for another topic.

edit on 23-1-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It's a 7 year plan it's not like they want it in 2 weeks. Just a business manuver to keep bring it home now that they think the EU is safe from invasion

top topics

join