It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arms Trade Treaty to be concluded in March

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The narrative in the article is a bit sensationalistic, but the linked material does contain some facts. I was working on a piece but then I lost all my work due to my error, so here is a short version.

Right on pace with current gun control measures, the United Nations will convene again in March to finalize the Arms Trade Treaty in New York, which by the way just imposed the countries strictest gun safety measures. After abstaining in July, the United States determined it needed more time to review the draft proposal.

However, in 2009 President Obama abandoned the G.W Bush abstention against such a treaty, and joined in the push for a global arms treaty.

Shortly after the election, hours I might add, President Obama joined the call from the U.N. to reignite debate over an ATT deal. Since then, the crisis that sparked a national outrage has resulted in 23 Executive Orders being signed by the President, all leading up to the next session or round of negotiations on March 18, in New York City.

Source

In just two months the globalists of the UN will gather in New York City to put the final touches on plans to impose strict regulations worldwide on the right of the individual to buy, sell, trade, or own guns and ammunition.

On March 18, 2013 in New York City the next round of negotiations is scheduled to begin, with one aim in mind: eradicate private gun ownership.

On Christmas Eve, 2012, the United Nations General Assembly approved a resolution to renew negotiations on the global Arms Trade Treaty (ATT).

The measure was approved by a vote of 133-0, with 17 countries abstaining.

As reported by Reuters, the foreign ministers of Argentina, Australia, Costa Rica, Finland, Japan, Kenya, and the United Kingdom — the countries that drafted the resolution — released a joint statement praising the passage of the resolution to move ahead on the global gun ban.

edit on 18-1-2013 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Next stop Agenda 21, forced labor camps, and the end of democracy. Welcome to the Hunger Games!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
While people are watching all this political drama so closely and becoming so emotional by following every event, things are changing in the background with no one noticing anything at all. Cattle are herded with pain, loud noises and manipulation. We humans are being led down a very specific path with very few understanding the larger picture.

In my view, politics, governments or even laws matter very little when you consider the larger issues and questions. Such as why are we here? What is now beginning to happen in this reality? And who am I?

When you begin to really consider these questions, all of the other political manipulation and drama mean very little. You can stay very busy following all of this madness or you can see it for what it is, just noise. What is really going on is so much larger than this daily silliness.

But it's your choice.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
People need to realize this is an integral part of the disarmament plan the administration wants to emplace. Even if Congress fails to act this is conveniently waiting in the wings to do the same thing Feinstein, Bloomberg et al wish to do. Ace in the hole if you will.

Somehow I think this will fall right around the time the official police report on Sandy Hook is released.

top topics

join