Feminism & The Downfall Of The Traditional Family

page: 3
34
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by Jepic
 


All I can see in this thread is a lot of whining men bemoaning the fact that women have something better to do than jump up and get your beer!!! Men would not get controlled if they just grew a pair. I respect and love my husband, however he would not dare force his will on me and I would not force mine on him. Since when did men suddenly lose the ability to choose the right women for them?


when all the woman became "independent"?


BINGO.


1. Independent women proclaim thier Independence
2. Struggles in the household between wife and husband
3. Divorce (or in the extreme, widowed)
4. Children raised with single mother
5. children potentially grow up with multiple problems (psychological, drug/alcohol abuse, etc)




posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by Ireminisce
 


Absolutly right!! That is exactly how I feel, if they would man up just a bit they would get all the respect in the world. However too many if them just want a slave and thats what women object to.


That is what I stated in the opening of the thread, that many men do not have that type of confidence in these days or are lazy.

Then the next question, why are men lacking in confidence?


But why should confidence even factor in? How messed up and superficial have women become when they won't even consider to be with a guy that is not that confident but who would love and protect the woman with his life.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce
reply to post by fictitious
 





Don't get me wrong though, he is the head of the household, but I'm the neck that turns the head.


I love that only I would put it like this "I am the neck that supports the head", because a great man need a woman that supports him 100%.



Yes, yes, I agree! I suppose it can be both. You make a great point and sound like a wonderful woman!

I'd also like to say that while equality is great and women have a chance to do anything in life, it has gotten to a point where I think women feel much more pressure today than ever. Now men look at us and think "you should work, make a good income, have kids, take care of the family, and be a wife." That is a tremendous amount of societal pressure.

When I graduated high school, I put myself though college without a penny of help from my family. After, I got a great job making great money, wearing a suit everyday in the worst part of the recession. I'm glad I had that opportunity, but I also saw that my husband (4 years older) making three times as much money and only working 5 hour days in his pajamas. I was so proud of him but also confused about me. Why should I work, drive three hours in traffic, work harder than him, and pay $300/mo in tolls, to get paid way less? Companies still cater to men. Period. I was happy I could be successful in my own right, but I also felt pressure to make more money knowing that I could never make what my husband did at my age. The jobs I really wanted are male dominated, so I gave up trying to change my career path to something I wanted. I felt too much pressure to "be everything".



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo
 





So... having half of our species wake up and realize they won't be ostracized for leaving their abusive husbands is a bad thing? The feminist "movement" wasn't necessarily a movement of shackling men, it was a movement to liberate a woman's perspective. If you are threatened by that, it's your own issue.


Oh please. No one is talking about abuse here. If a woman or her children are being abused, then she should obviously get help.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by soulwaxer

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by soulwaxer

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by resoe26
 


Oh, where to start?? Well you could go and practise your grammer and then get your spell checker working for a start. As for women being demonised for wanting more in life than cleaning up after your butt, is it any wonder??

Women mearly want the same options available in life as men. Oh and by the way before you start with your rubbish in defence of all those poor men, I am a stay at home mum and married.



Nothing wrong with wanting more in life. It's the double standards that we have a problem against. This is where women take advantage of men.


I agree about the double standards.

But in the end, I think it's a fair game the way it is.


soulwaxer


No it's not alright. It's a big injustice and has to change.


Maybe I should have been more clear.

What I meant was that women have certain powers over men that make it a fair game.


soulwaxer


That's precisely why it is not fair game. Because most women abuse these powers.


Men abuse their powers too. So what. The game is still fair.

Nature makes it that way.

soulwaxer



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by Ireminisce
 


Absolutly right!! That is exactly how I feel, if they would man up just a bit they would get all the respect in the world. However too many if them just want a slave and thats what women object to.


That is what I stated in the opening of the thread, that many men do not have that type of confidence in these days or are lazy.

Then the next question, why are men lacking in confidence?


But why should confidence even factor in? How messed up and superficial have women become when they won't even consider to be with a guy that is not that confident but who would love and protect the woman with his life.


If he's not confident then he's not prepared to lead a family.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo
 


Star for you. Thank you for such an eloquent and and well thought out response to some of the posts.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by Cuervo
 


Star for you. Thank you for such an eloquent and and well thought out response to some of the posts.


Clearly your buddy Cuervo missed the point and so did you



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce
reply to post by Cuervo
 





So... having half of our species wake up and realize they won't be ostracized for leaving their abusive husbands is a bad thing? The feminist "movement" wasn't necessarily a movement of shackling men, it was a movement to liberate a woman's perspective. If you are threatened by that, it's your own issue.


Oh please. No one is talking about abuse here. If a woman or her children are being abused, then she should obviously get help.


The example is an extension of the same philosophy. When you say "If a woman or her children are being abused, then she should obviously get help", you are right. But 40 or even 30 years ago, this wasn't socially acceptable in most western cultures. So yes, yes we are talking about abuse.

Verbal. Physical. Emotional. Many women who now leave their husbands for being treated like garbage would not have done so in the past. The rise in divorce rate is clearly indicative of this. To call a woman's "confidence" a bad thing is advocating oppression.

If we took this thread and changed "man" to "white" and "woman" to "black", the OP would be considered extremely racist. Why do we ignore the disparity when it comes to perceived gender roles.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulwaxer

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by soulwaxer

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by soulwaxer

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by resoe26
 


Oh, where to start?? Well you could go and practise your grammer and then get your spell checker working for a start. As for women being demonised for wanting more in life than cleaning up after your butt, is it any wonder??

Women mearly want the same options available in life as men. Oh and by the way before you start with your rubbish in defence of all those poor men, I am a stay at home mum and married.



Nothing wrong with wanting more in life. It's the double standards that we have a problem against. This is where women take advantage of men.


I agree about the double standards.

But in the end, I think it's a fair game the way it is.


soulwaxer


No it's not alright. It's a big injustice and has to change.


Maybe I should have been more clear.

What I meant was that women have certain powers over men that make it a fair game.


soulwaxer


That's precisely why it is not fair game. Because most women abuse these powers.


Men abuse their powers too. So what. The game is still fair.

Nature makes it that way.

soulwaxer


A man will rarely say "No I don't want to be with you." to an average looking woman who is a bit shy.
A woman will not hesitate to say "No I don't want to be with you." to an average looking man who is a bit shy. (Aka "Not confident")

This is why men are at a disadvantage and it's not a fair game.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by Ireminisce
 


Absolutly right!! That is exactly how I feel, if they would man up just a bit they would get all the respect in the world. However too many if them just want a slave and thats what women object to.


That is what I stated in the opening of the thread, that many men do not have that type of confidence in these days or are lazy.

Then the next question, why are men lacking in confidence?


But why should confidence even factor in? How messed up and superficial have women become when they won't even consider to be with a guy that is not that confident but who would love and protect the woman with his life.


If he's not confident then he's not prepared to lead a family.
And what makes you think that way? Just because a guy is shy doesn't mean he can't love and protect you.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by Ireminisce
reply to post by Cuervo
 





So... having half of our species wake up and realize they won't be ostracized for leaving their abusive husbands is a bad thing? The feminist "movement" wasn't necessarily a movement of shackling men, it was a movement to liberate a woman's perspective. If you are threatened by that, it's your own issue.


Oh please. No one is talking about abuse here. If a woman or her children are being abused, then she should obviously get help.


The example is an extension of the same philosophy. When you say "If a woman or her children are being abused, then she should obviously get help", you are right. But 40 or even 30 years ago, this wasn't socially acceptable in most western cultures. So yes, yes we are talking about abuse.

Verbal. Physical. Emotional. Many women who now leave their husbands for being treated like garbage would not have done so in the past. The rise in divorce rate is clearly indicative of this. To call a woman's "confidence" a bad thing is advocating oppression.

If we took this thread and changed "man" to "white" and "woman" to "black", the OP would be considered extremely racist. Why do we ignore the disparity when it comes to perceived gender roles.


When I was speaking of thier "confidence" I was speaking about some women's actions. Dumbing down thier husbands/boyfriends and trying to control them and also believe that they can raise children in the masculine sense better than a man.

Nobody can be a father figure better than a Man.
Just like nobody can be a mother better than a Woman.

Some Women need to know thier pinche role cuervo. Entiendes?



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by Cuervo
 


Star for you. Thank you for such an eloquent and and well thought out response to some of the posts.


Clearly your buddy Cuervo missed the point and so did you


Enlighten us. Which point of yours did I miss? That women are overconfident and too uppity for you? That your friends are stuck in controlling relationships are can't cope with it in mature ways?

Really. Nothing I said was irrelevant. Man up and take responsibility for representing half of our species that needs to work with the other half in a mutual way. Nobody is forcing you or your friends in to arranged marriages. I'm sure you can find your diminutive passive woman on a mail-order bride site or perhaps on these forums but don't act surprised when a woman finds your views a bit immature and selfish.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic
 


You can be shy and still confident in your masculinity. How can a man be the head of a house hold if he isn't confident in his ability to lead a family? The reason I respect my husband is because he commands respect through his actions. I wouldn't have married a man that didn't.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)


Would you elect a president that didn't seem confident?
edit on 18-1-2013 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic
 


At periods in my life I have had moments of shyness and insecurities. Do you know what I did? I tried to get new interests, hobbies, friends anything to boost my confidence and feelings of selfworth. Aren't men allowed to do this? Do your mums stop this? Are you incapable of striving for personel goals? Or is it just easier to blame it all on women??



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26


Some Women need to know thier pinche role cuervo. Entiendes?


How delightfully racist. I think we understand each other now. Good luck finding somebody you can walk all over in life to cook your food and carry your spawn to full term.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by Cuervo
 


Star for you. Thank you for such an eloquent and and well thought out response to some of the posts.


Clearly your buddy Cuervo missed the point and so did you


Enlighten us. Which point of yours did I miss? That women are overconfident and too uppity for you? That your friends are stuck in controlling relationships are can't cope with it in mature ways?

Really. Nothing I said was irrelevant. Man up and take responsibility for representing half of our species that needs to work with the other half in a mutual way. Nobody is forcing you or your friends in to arranged marriages. I'm sure you can find your diminutive passive woman on a mail-order bride site or perhaps on these forums but don't act surprised when a woman finds your views a bit immature and selfish.
Women need to get down of the pedestal and start being less demanding and controlling.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by Cuervo
 


Star for you. Thank you for such an eloquent and and well thought out response to some of the posts.


Clearly your buddy Cuervo missed the point and so did you


Enlighten us. Which point of yours did I miss? That women are overconfident and too uppity for you? That your friends are stuck in controlling relationships are can't cope with it in mature ways?

Really. Nothing I said was irrelevant. Man up and take responsibility for representing half of our species that needs to work with the other half in a mutual way. Nobody is forcing you or your friends in to arranged marriages. I'm sure you can find your diminutive passive woman on a mail-order bride site or perhaps on these forums but don't act surprised when a woman finds your views a bit immature and selfish.


Whoa there bub. Before you make assumptions. I'm already married. I got married right after I got out of the military. I have an awesome wife that is not passive whatsoever. But she respects me in the sense that I am man and she is a women. And that works amazing for us and I believe it will be beneficial for my children as well.

In this thread I was trying to attempt to get responses on peoples views of the downfall of the "Traditional Family" and possibly why it is nearly becoming extinct.

I have seen many guys my age (25) in controlling relationships. Seems almost all the women (in that age bracket) are or seem to be controlling. And why is that? Can you answer that question?
Why are young men such panochas now in days?
Is it because thier lack of a father figure growing up? Or was thier mother the dominant one in the household?
(do you understand my questions now?)

ps.
I have a awesome solid Father and an AMAZING Mother that are still married. I grew up with that and I am thankful for it.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce
reply to post by Jepic
 


You can be shy and still confident in your masculinity. How can a man be the head of a house hold if he isn't confident in his ability to lead a family? The reason I respect my husband is because he commands respect through his actions. I wouldn't have married a man that didn't.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)


Would you elect a president that didn't seem confident?
edit on 18-1-2013 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)


Precisely! You can be shy and still confident in your masculinity. But why do women assume that a guy who is not that confident is not ready to have and lead a family? I mean geez... Do we need to have the confidence of a businessman to have a chance?



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Women need to get down of the pedestal and start being less demanding and controlling.


Who are these women?! My gods, do you realize how ignorant that sounds?

By that rationale, all men beat their wives and all Arabs are terrorists. Seriously, why can't you just say "people need to be less demanding and controlling"? There is no way to justify saying that "all women" need to do anything.





new topics
top topics
 
34
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join