It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism & The Downfall Of The Traditional Family

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

I don't know... Kids growing up with some single parents, some who do not have time, some who does not have a father figure.. who ends up developing certain complex in their teen adult life, would not be an example of evolution.

Its natural selection, weeding off kids of single parents because they will have issues in the future, it might lead to suicide and other dangerous problems.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Traditional Family IMHO..

1 man
1 woman
0-whatever Children

Any races
Any religion

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
A father has a specific role in the raising of a child.
A mother has a specific role in the raising of a child.

Absence of one of them (or both) I think can cause problems in the development of the child. Not terrible ones in most occasions. Just I believe most children would be better off with both.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Traditional Family IMHO..

The reality of the traditional family then and now?

1 man + mistress + another mistress + meds
1 woman + psychiatrist or + meds
0-whatever Children depending on paternity testing + meds

Any races not with some races
Any religion not with some religions

edit on 25-1-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

I don't know... Kids growing up with some single parents, some who do not have time, some who does not have a father figure.. who ends up developing certain complex in their teen adult life, would not be an example of evolution.

Its natural selection, weeding off kids of single parents because they will have issues in the future, it might lead to suicide and other dangerous problems.

I don't think you quite understood my meaning....for what ever it's worth I meant that

that was where 'TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE' had evolved to!

And your second point does that apply to same sex marriages??

2005 Civil partnerships which provide the legal consequences of marriage to same

sex couples - with the intention of legalising same sex marriage by 2015...That is in the UK

but the same or similar applies in many countries.

Therefore 2 Fathers or 2 Mothers? So... many children will grow up deprived of the

qualities of one sex only anyway!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Irrespective of your personal views every one of those varied 'groupings' in my previous

post are considered as 'family' in the eyes of the law.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Your quote

"Its natural selection, weeding of kids of single parents because they will have issues in

the future, it might lead to suicide and other dangerous problems."

I suppose you have some facts to back up that statement?

I knew a very talented surgeon whose wife was a doctor and they were together till the

wife died. They had three children who all went to university....Both parents, ,educated,

comfortably off
One of his children committed suicide.

Where does that leave your theory?

Paul Newman (film star long time married) son committed suicide

Richard Todd ( film star married twice 2 sons committed suicide)

Gregory Peck (film star long time married son committed suicide)

Walter Koering (Star Trek)... ( son committed suicide)

Marie Osmond (Singer and Practising Mormon...son committed suicide)

Sylvester Stallone [film star been married long time. son committed suicide)

Mary Tyler Moore (TV and Film star production Co. owner son committed suicide)

Louis Jourdan (Film actor son committed suicide)

Whilst I realise you may not recognise some of those names... all were very famous

and celebrated in their time....Interestingly enough No single mothers on that list

So I ask you again How does your theory fit in with that?

What I do find interesting though is that they were all sons
don't know what

to make of that!!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
not every woman is suited to being a mother, many pretend to. but the fact is some women prefer a career and feel happy with this. others love their hobbies outside of the domestic home.

feminism brought about mental equality for the sake of a much needed right. it brought the vote to women.

it made us your equals intellectually, infact they say now that girls do better academically then boys.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The only correlation you draw from citing famous people and child suicide rates connects that occurrence to being the child of a famous person . . .

Here is some better info for you;

Absent Parent Doubles Child Suicide Risk
www.webmd.com...

Jan. 23, 2003 -- In recent years, the number of kids living with one parent has continued to rise. Now, a new study shows that children of single-parent homes are more than twice as likely to commit suicide.

In the latest study, reported in the Jan. 25 issue of The Lancet, European researchers reveal that the risks facing children living with one parent may be even more widespread and immediate. They found the risk of suicide was more than twice as high among children in one-parent households compared with those living with both parents. This conclusion came after first identifying some 65,000 children of single-parent homes and 920,000 living with both parents beginning in the mid-1980s, and examining their death rates and hospital admissions throughout the 1990s.

Children in single-parent homes were also twice as likely to have a psychiatric disease, have alcohol-related problems, and were up to four times more likely to abuse drugs, says study researcher Gunilla Ringbäck Weitoft, MD, of the Centre for Epidemiology at the National Board of Health and Welfare in Stockholm, Sweden.

Single-parent children at increased risk of suicide, substance abuse
scienceblog.com...

So your little conjecture theory is pretty much debunked by academic research and this little thing called REALITY.

As to the poster who simply added men + mistress + mistress and merely gave the woman a +psychiatrist for the traditional family.

You are completely full of it and show clear cut bias.

The UK Adultery Survey 2012 - Female Cheaters More Promiscuous Than Men!
www.sourcewire.com...

Women beat men in the adultery stakes: Ladies who cheat have 2.3 secret lovers compared to 1.8 for the blokes
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Just so much rampant BS on your part you two. Please stop throwing around your opinion as if it were a fact. You offer no links to any studies, polls, or research into the matter and attempt to mock the actual data because it doesn't agree with you.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Women beat men in the adultery stakes: Ladies who cheat have 2.3 secret lovers compared to 1.8 for the blokes

Just who are the ladies having sex with?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

The Milkmen, did you know that its a known fact that women are better liars than men. Therefore it would make sense that, they find ways to cheat. Whereas a man would more likely get caught. A seductress female covers her tracks.

Although, it may be true divorce effects children adversely, along with single parenting. Although this for sure isnt always the case. Its also a fact that feminism was set up to give women the VOTE which has sod all to do with the fact that more people than ever are unhappy in their marriages, and now feel that they are able to get out of an unhappy marriage should they wish to. In past times people were tied maybe for life to people who made them miserable.

The issue is modernism. Women become single parents, because the men opt out of playing the fatherly role. They dont want the responsibility that comes with having a penis and using it without condoms.

What does this have to do with feminism? Please tell me.
edit on 25-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

Just who are the ladies having sex with?

Dogs . . . cats . . . batman? Who do you think?

WTH kind of question is that?

Honestly what was your point in this comment?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Maybe they end up cheating with themselves....or just cheat themselves.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yeah cheating is sad. Agreed. But again modernism is quite different. It isnt really feminism that is the cause of these attitudes and behaviours we see now in society. It started with the hippies having orgies and questioning their parents rigid lives. Hippies wanted more acceptance and sympathy towards different lifestyles. Hence I think why we see homosexual people today with children and able to marry. Or people marrying mutiple times.

But you cant really stop that now, I dont think. The cat is out of the bag. To put it back in would mean that the old fashioned view of the " family" has to come back again.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

You never actually read a post...just skim over picking out a minor part of a post taken out of

context so as to be able to post something 'trendy' and 'derisive'

My reply was to 'Luciddream' who insinuated in their post "That single parents (mainly I

gather mothers) were responsible for young suicides"

I merely pointed out to them NOT SO and gave some examples one from personal

experience and a list of well known people in Two Parent families, well off,

educated and who had suffered the misfortune of having a child commit suicide!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Didn't the Romans invent orgies?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

reply to post by hotel1

It appears the indignant shreiking role has been filled by yourself. As well, you don't mention the man's part in raising 'his' children?
edit on 19-1-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

The man's part in raising his children in the hypothetical case I cited was by providing sufficient resources to allow his wife to raise the children in a safe, and secure environment. That is what I meant by using the term provider.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Since both men and women here want to educate everyone on their opinions let me show you a site where men tell the truth about the current state of affairs between men and women.

Dont let your hamster wheels spin too fast cupcake cause it might derail.

www.mgtowforums.com...

I was completely blind to the injustices, insanities, and downright mistreatment of men in all of America and the world until I read up on this site.

Now you could not suck me into the BS of this system if you pointed a gun to my head and said breed mother farker.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sergiana

Considering your linked site has only one-sided opinions, I'll pass.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Sergiana

Considering your linked site has only one-sided opinions, I'll pass.

I dont blame you but you could learn a thing or two about the mens opinions on the issues of both men and women face.

I have yet to find a site like that for women but I am sure they exist.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join