Feminism & The Downfall Of The Traditional Family

page: 2
34
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by resoe26
 


Oh, where to start?? Well you could go and practise your grammer and then get your spell checker working for a start. As for women being demonised for wanting more in life than cleaning up after your butt, is it any wonder??

Women mearly want the same options available in life as men. Oh and by the way before you start with your rubbish in defence of all those poor men, I am a stay at home mum and married.



Nothing wrong with wanting more in life. It's the double standards that we have a problem against. This is where women take advantage of men.


I agree about the double standards.

But in the end, I think it's a fair game the way it is.


soulwaxer




posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26
 


As a woman, I have to completely agree.

Where I live, all my friends and I were married by the time we were 22. None of us can say that we dominate the household. A few of us have kids, and some of us do not. We wouldn't want to be the so called dominate ones in the house either. We all want a masculine husband.

Truth be told, I'm a country girl and my husband was not. I taught him how to change oil in a car, grill steaks, hang things on walls, build small things out of wood, edge a driveway, replace bathroom fixtures, you name it. He grew up without a dad, and this was his excuse for not knowing anything. I get that because his mom never made him rinse a dish or make his own lunch. But I also grew up without a dad. In fact, we were exactly the same age when our parent's divorced. My mom was just country too and passed down simple knowledge. When I stayed at my dad's for the summer, I was treated as if I were his son and enjoyed it. When I got married, my husband's lack of masculinity was a HUGE issue. I HAD to take over being the head of the house, but I did it as a teacher. I taught him what I knew, and now, thank god, he fills that role completely. Now we have traditional roles, which I love. We haven't fought in years. Years!

My husband works at home as a software engineer, and I currently am unemployed. At first, he was not supportive in me quitting my job because he thought that woman should work, kids should be in day care, etc...just like how he was raised. Well, that didn't turn out so great. Since I've been home, and were together 24/7, he actually admitted he likes that I'm able to be home to cook the meals, get laundry done, clean the house, and do the shopping. Before it fell on him a lot because I worked way longer hours than he.

Also, I'm the least controlling of my girlfriends because I'm in the happiest relationship. My husband regularly goes on guys weekend trips out of state. Heck, I'm even friends with some of his ex girlfriends.

In conclusion, having regular gender roles has GREATLY improved our relationship, our household, and our happiness. We hope to have kids soon or adopt, and he agrees I should stay home now. I've been struggling to find what "I'm meant to do", and maybe I'm just meant to be a mom.

Don't get me wrong though, he is the head of the household, but I'm the neck that turns the head.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic
 


All I can see in this thread is a lot of whining men bemoaning the fact that women have something better to do than jump up and get your beer!!! Men would not get controlled if they just grew a pair. I respect and love my husband, however he would not dare force his will on me and I would not force mine on him. Since when did men suddenly lose the ability to choose the right women for them?



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious
 





Don't get me wrong though, he is the head of the household, but I'm the neck that turns the head.


I love that only I would put it like this "I am the neck that supports the head", because a great man need a woman that supports him 100%.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by fictitious
reply to post by resoe26
 


As a woman, I have to completely agree.

Where I live, all my friends and I were married by the time we were 22. None of us can say that we dominate the household. A few of us have kids, and some of us do not. We wouldn't want to be the so called dominate ones in the house either. We all want a masculine husband.

Truth be told, I'm a country girl and my husband was not. I taught him how to change oil in a car, grill steaks, hang things on walls, build small things out of wood, edge a driveway, replace bathroom fixtures, you name it. He grew up without a dad, and this was his excuse for not knowing anything. I get that because his mom never made him rinse a dish or make his own lunch. But I also grew up without a dad. In fact, we were exactly the same age when our parent's divorced. My mom was just country too and passed down simple knowledge. When I stayed at my dad's for the summer, I was treated as if I were his son and enjoyed it. When I got married, my husband's lack of masculinity was a HUGE issue. I HAD to take over being the head of the house, but I did it as a teacher. I taught him what I knew, and now, thank god, he fills that role completely. Now we have traditional roles, which I love. We haven't fought in years. Years!

My husband works at home as a software engineer, and I currently am unemployed. At first, he was not supportive in me quitting my job because he thought that woman should work, kids should be in day care, etc...just like how he was raised. Well, that didn't turn out so great. Since I've been home, and were together 24/7, he actually admitted he likes that I'm able to be home to cook the meals, get laundry done, clean the house, and do the shopping. Before it fell on him a lot because I worked way longer hours than he.

Also, I'm the least controlling of my girlfriends because I'm in the happiest relationship. My husband regularly goes on guys weekend trips out of state. Heck, I'm even friends with some of his ex girlfriends.

In conclusion, having regular gender roles has GREATLY improved our relationship, our household, and our happiness. We hope to have kids soon or adopt, and he agrees I should stay home now. I've been struggling to find what "I'm meant to do", and maybe I'm just meant to be a mom.

Don't get me wrong though, he is the head of the household, but I'm the neck that turns the head.


Now THAT's what we're talkin' about!

soulwaxer



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Whosthatgirl
 


You have a point there. Many men willingly give up their masculinity. Some men want their wife to make every decision for them out of pure laziness.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious
 


That's about as traditional as it gets. Salud to you!
And see, the fact that your relationship is amazing still even though you have traditional roles.

I almost feel like these overpowering women, all they really want and need is a traditional role with a loving masculine male to accompany them, and they just don't know it yet.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulwaxer

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by resoe26
 


Oh, where to start?? Well you could go and practise your grammer and then get your spell checker working for a start. As for women being demonised for wanting more in life than cleaning up after your butt, is it any wonder??

Women mearly want the same options available in life as men. Oh and by the way before you start with your rubbish in defence of all those poor men, I am a stay at home mum and married.



Nothing wrong with wanting more in life. It's the double standards that we have a problem against. This is where women take advantage of men.


I agree about the double standards.

But in the end, I think it's a fair game the way it is.


soulwaxer


No it's not alright. It's a big injustice and has to change.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by Jepic
 


All I can see in this thread is a lot of whining men bemoaning the fact that women have something better to do than jump up and get your beer!!! Men would not get controlled if they just grew a pair. I respect and love my husband, however he would not dare force his will on me and I would not force mine on him. Since when did men suddenly lose the ability to choose the right women for them?


when all the woman became "independent"?



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce
 


Absolutly right!! That is exactly how I feel, if they would man up just a bit they would get all the respect in the world. However too many if them just want a slave and thats what women object to.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26
 


You have just given yourself away. "Given independence"??? That comment clearly indicates in YOUR mind women are something to be controlled and manipulated. I feel really sorry for you, its sad really.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by Ireminisce
 


Absolutly right!! That is exactly how I feel, if they would man up just a bit they would get all the respect in the world. However too many if them just want a slave and thats what women object to.


That is what I stated in the opening of the thread, that many men do not have that type of confidence in these days or are lazy.

Then the next question, why are men lacking in confidence?



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by resoe26
 


You have just given yourself away. "Given independence"??? That comment clearly indicates in YOUR mind women are something to be controlled and manipulated. I feel really sorry for you, its sad really.


Oh please. It was a joke.

(I guess joking via internet can be rather misleading)



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by soulwaxer

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by resoe26
 


Oh, where to start?? Well you could go and practise your grammer and then get your spell checker working for a start. As for women being demonised for wanting more in life than cleaning up after your butt, is it any wonder??

Women mearly want the same options available in life as men. Oh and by the way before you start with your rubbish in defence of all those poor men, I am a stay at home mum and married.



Nothing wrong with wanting more in life. It's the double standards that we have a problem against. This is where women take advantage of men.


I agree about the double standards.

But in the end, I think it's a fair game the way it is.


soulwaxer


No it's not alright. It's a big injustice and has to change.


Maybe I should have been more clear.

What I meant was that women have certain powers over men that make it a fair game.


soulwaxer



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by Jepic
 


All I can see in this thread is a lot of whining men bemoaning the fact that women have something better to do than jump up and get your beer!!! Men would not get controlled if they just grew a pair. I respect and love my husband, however he would not dare force his will on me and I would not force mine on him. Since when did men suddenly lose the ability to choose the right women for them?


Just expressing my opinion. Furthermore I am also walking the path of resistance. I can smell their schiz a mile away and let me tell you it stinks around every corner...

As for the question. Since the day s**tfest became the norm. That change really messed up the chance of finding a quality woman.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by Jepic
 


All I can see in this thread is a lot of whining men bemoaning the fact that women have something better to do than jump up and get your beer!!! Men would not get controlled if they just grew a pair. I respect and love my husband, however he would not dare force his will on me and I would not force mine on him. Since when did men suddenly lose the ability to choose the right women for them?


when all the woman became "independent"?


BINGO.


+1 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
You cannot argue with the facts. And the fact is, ever since Feminism was introduced and women have gained "rights" (rights that are an illusion to us all, both men and women) the traditional Family lifestyle has been on a steady decline.


Racism is a tradition. So is abuse. So is our violent culture. So is chauvinism. "Traditional" does not equate to "good". Evolution happens for a reason.



Originally posted by resoe26
-Don't get me wrong. I adore women and I do believe they should be considered and treated as human beings rather than a slave in the household. The problem is, the majority of them either don't do ANYTHING in the household anymore or do TOO MUCH and overstep thier boundries.
And when I say overstepping boundries, I'm talking about the "controlling" females. Which is about every single female in my age group.


There is so much hypocrisy in this statement that I'm at a loss for a proper reply. Are you just trolling? You "adore" women and have the decency to come down from your man pedestal and treat them has human beings but you feel they are overstepping boundaries when they are being assertive. This is how I would speak about my dog, not my wife.



Originally posted by resoe26
I consistantly see my peers being controlled by thier female counterpart. Being criticized for inane things that mean absolutely nothing. Having to report to them as if they are on probation. You can't talk to these guys and convince them not to put up with that # but they never listen. You tell them to grow a pair, but they have been cut off already.


There are controlling people. For every controlling wife you show me, I can show you two husbands who intimidate their wives into not talking to other men or not letting them have social lives. People are controlling, not women.



Originally posted by resoe26
If you notice on the majority of commercials and television, Men are downgraded. They are the butt end of a joke always while the female is praised for her tact and conviction. I believe these day to day viewings of downgrading men have taken its toll on modern women and men. Many men now in days suffer with a lack of confidence while many women suffer from overconfidence in what it is that they believe a relationship should be. I believe this lack of confidence stems from either not having a dominate Father figure in childhood or not having a father at all.


Again... I can't tell if you are just trying to pull our legs or if you really feel this way. You think women are overconfident? What do you think gives them that confidence? The inequality in the work place? The threat of rape? The constant memes about getting back in the kitchen to make a "sammich"? The condescending remarks from people like you? Yeah... real confidence boosters there.

If you are a man with vagina envy, do not blame your missing father. Blame your own inability to be a real man which probably stems from a father who thinks as you do. By "real man", I mean the kind of man who can stand on equal footing with women without crying about it.



Originally posted by resoe26
Then if you trace the roots of the Feminist movement, you find that many things arose from it including a rise in divorce.


So... having half of our species wake up and realize they won't be ostracized for leaving their abusive husbands is a bad thing? The feminist "movement" wasn't necessarily a movement of shackling men, it was a movement to liberate a woman's perspective. If you are threatened by that, it's your own issue.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Whosthatgirl
 


But many of these men were raised to believe that they have no right to make important decisions in their marriages. Many of these men were raised by single mothers and don't know how to lead a family of their own because they never had a chance to see their own father do it. It's a slippery slope and for most people I think it's too late to go back.

I know that all I can do is teach my children by example. If my daughter sees that I respect and cherish her father, then maybe she'll find a good husband and be able to do the same. If my son sees his father taking care of us and filling the role a husband should maybe he'll be able to do the same for his family one day.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulwaxer

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by soulwaxer

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by resoe26
 


Oh, where to start?? Well you could go and practise your grammer and then get your spell checker working for a start. As for women being demonised for wanting more in life than cleaning up after your butt, is it any wonder??

Women mearly want the same options available in life as men. Oh and by the way before you start with your rubbish in defence of all those poor men, I am a stay at home mum and married.



Nothing wrong with wanting more in life. It's the double standards that we have a problem against. This is where women take advantage of men.


I agree about the double standards.

But in the end, I think it's a fair game the way it is.


soulwaxer


No it's not alright. It's a big injustice and has to change.


Maybe I should have been more clear.

What I meant was that women have certain powers over men that make it a fair game.


soulwaxer


That's precisely why it is not fair game. Because most women abuse these powers.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by Ireminisce
 


Absolutly right!! That is exactly how I feel, if they would man up just a bit they would get all the respect in the world. However too many if them just want a slave and thats what women object to.


That is what I stated in the opening of the thread, that many men do not have that type of confidence in these days or are lazy.

Then the next question, why are men lacking in confidence?


Because they feel they're no longer needed. Their primary purpose in the family has been filled by women.





top topics
 
34
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join