It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism & The Downfall Of The Traditional Family

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight
reply to post by resoe26

You have serious hate issues you need to deal with and this is not the place.

Wait... What?
What are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

reply to post by resoe26

Where do your accusations arise from?
I don't hate anyone. I do hate some things though...
-Like inconsiderate and reckless drivers when there is snow on the ground
-purchasing a plunger at the market (because you already know that people are drawing conclusions about you)
-stepping in puddles on accident and being forced to spend the rest of the work day with wet socks
-running out of peanuts when you are craving a chocolate sundae.
-sneezing really hard and accidentally releasing gas at the same time in a public place.

stuff like that

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

reply to post by resoe26

-purchasing a plunger at the market (because you already know that people are drawing conclusions about you)
-stepping in puddles on accident and being forced to spend the rest of the work day with wet socks
-sneezing really hard and accidentally releasing gas at the same time in a public place.

stuff like that

You forgot feminists

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

reply to post by resoe26

stuff like that

You forgot feminists

Well, I guess hate is too strong a word (I guess), let's change it to demeaning, which reeks in all your posts concerning women's rights issues.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

reply to post by resoe26

stuff like that

You forgot feminists

Well, I guess hate is too strong a word (I guess), let's change it to demeaning, which reeks in all your posts concerning women's rights issues.

What rights? you women have your rights regardless of what I feel is right or my thoughts on the topic.
--You women can now join us Men on the front lines in combat.
That is if you can pass the PT tests...

Oh wait, equality... No such thing in the military.
Women get special treatment because they cannot keep up with Men military standards.
Do you see the irony?

I don't hate any person.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Here is a good thread for you Pro-Feminists folks

Women in Combat Units

Have fun

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

What rights? you women have your rights regardless of what I feel is right or my thoughts on the topic.
--You women can now join us Men on the front lines in combat.
That is if you can pass the PT tests...

I would rather pass the "Diplomacy test" instead of opting to kill millions of human beings to prove a point.

Oh wait, equality... No such thing in the military.

So foot soldiers are the main part of the military then? The front line soldiers make up 90% of the army?

Women get special treatment because they cannot keep up with Men military standards.
Do you see the irony?

Not really. As long as a woman is in good physical condition, she can easily contribute to the modern mass murder effort. Not that its really important.

I don't hate any person.

I (personally) never suggested you did, i just think you have a deluded view about the female gender lol

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Here is a good thread for you Pro-Feminists folks

Women in Combat Units

Have fun

That would be pro equality...fixed that for ya.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by resoe26

Oh, where to start?? Well you could go and practise your grammer and then get your spell checker working for a start. As for women being demonised for wanting more in life than cleaning up after your butt, is it any wonder??

Women mearly want the same options available in life as men. Oh and by the way before you start with your rubbish in defence of all those poor men, I am a stay at home mum and married.

Dear Supporter of Spellcheck,

You need to upgrade your version. That is NOT how to spell "merely".

Signed,
A woman smart enough to be with a man who does traditionally masculine work because his hands and shoulders are twice the size of my own, and in return, demonstrate I'm a bad*** cook who knows how to show some appreciation and gratitude. And I Indian leg-wrestle.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce

reply to post by Ireminisce

Absolutly right!! That is exactly how I feel, if they would man up just a bit they would get all the respect in the world. However too many if them just want a slave and thats what women object to.

That is what I stated in the opening of the thread, that many men do not have that type of confidence in these days or are lazy.

Then the next question, why are men lacking in confidence?

Because they feel they're no longer needed. Their primary purpose in the family has been filled by women.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We've got a winner!

And after their race to become the arrogant jerks they envisioned all men to be, the women sat around wondering why the men didn't feel so confident...

Feminism preyed upon the bad-apple scenario. It wasn't all men that women were running from. It was about 2 or 3%. Not enough to justify altering a culture. I hope this doesn't sound condescending, but I've felt a sort of pity for men nowadays when it comes to defining their own roles in society and family. I think some of them just have no idea what they've done wrong or how to proceed.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman

reply to post by resoe26

Oh, where to start?? Well you could go and practise your grammer and then get your spell checker working for a start. As for women being demonised for wanting more in life than cleaning up after your butt, is it any wonder??

Women mearly want the same options available in life as men. Oh and by the way before you start with your rubbish in defence of all those poor men, I am a stay at home mum and married.

Signed,
A woman smart enough to be with a man who does traditionally masculine work because his hands and shoulders are twice the size of my own, and in return, demonstrate I'm a bad*** cook who knows how to show some appreciation and gratitude. And I Indian leg-wrestle.

Dear woman,

Shouldn't you be in the kitchen right now?
Pardon me, I didn't utilize my spell check because usually when I post, I am doing it rather quickly. (I know how to spell merely by the way). You're just looking for anything you can grab so that you may TRY to look smarter I suppose. Silly woman.

Oh and this Man you speak of (I assume your boyfriend or husband), you say he is so muscular eh?

Who gives a flying efff. Do you know how I look?

Indian leg wrestle? Why don't you try boxing.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Absolutly right!! That is exactly how I feel, if they would man up just a bit they would get all the respect in the world. However too many if them just want a slave and thats what women object to.

That is what I stated in the opening of the thread, that many men do not have that type of confidence in these days or are lazy.

Because they feel they're no longer needed. Their primary purpose in the family has been filled by women.

And after their race to become the arrogant jerks they envisioned all men to be, the women sat around wondering why the men didn't feel so confident...

Feminism preyed upon the bad-apple scenario. It wasn't all men that women were running from. It was about 2 or 3%. Not enough to justify altering a culture. I hope this doesn't sound condescending, but I've felt a sort of pity for men nowadays when it comes to defining their own roles in society and family. I think some of them just have no idea what they've done wrong or how to proceed.

Bet you don't have a boyfriend/husband.
If you do I bet he is a pushover.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

-How bout you tell me what you deem to be irrational.

How about you realize I've done this continually in this thread?

Originally posted by resoe26--Yes a 4 year vet from the Army. And you believe I haven't been with a variety of women? I mean I'm not going to sit here and brag or anything... But maybe you understand machismo?

Yeah no sorry puss n boots, claiming you have machismo doesnt not make the notion that someone was a great romancer of women from the age 20 on downward any less sillier.Especially when you consider this would include serious long term adult relationships for which you would base your current stance on. But by all means keep digging yourself into a hole.

Originally posted by resoe26--And those good ol days, yes I have experienced them. I have grown up in it. I lived in Mexico nearly every summer since I was 5 years old. (not your stupid tourists areas) I'm talking about Real Mexico. Were the traditional family had remained prevelent. This is why I can make conclusions and observations on family life here. Any hispanics in this thread? They would much agree.

Don't try to justify your behavior by bringing your ethnicity up in this thread
And yes i am a Spaniard. Though i don't see why asking if there are any "Hispanics" here would help understand your story and life in Mexico seeing how 'Hispanics are a diverse group of people with different cultures. But nice try though

Originally posted by resoe26-It is not my problem if you want to trip out because you grew up with a single parent or never experienced "traditional" family life.

I had a traditional Castilian upbringing as well as both parents. Though my Grandfather was the largest force in my upbringing and shaping me into who i am today. The man never read any feminist literature in his life. He probably didn't even know what the hell a feminist was yet he did not act anywhere like you or what you are trying to portray. Thankfully

Originally posted by resoe26We don't throw our parents in nursing homes because we don't want to deal with them when they are older.

What the hell does this have to do with what is being discussed? LOL

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

-How bout you tell me what you deem to be irrational.

How about you realize I've done this continually in this thread?

-I don't recall. I have a life outside of this website.

Originally posted by resoe26--Yes a 4 year vet from the Army. And you believe I haven't been with a variety of women? I mean I'm not going to sit here and brag or anything... But maybe you understand machismo?

Yeah no sorry puss n boots, claiming you have machismo doesnt not make the notion that someone was a great romancer of women from the age 20 on downward any less sillier.Especially when you consider this would include serious long term adult relationships for which you would base your current stance on. But by all means keep digging yourself into a hole.

-ok ok Senora. I know what Machismo is. This is why I'm sticking to my guns on this. You don't know me lady so how can you determine I'm not a great "romancer"?

I'm not going to argue on this pinche website with you. Clearly you have YOUR opinions as I have mine. Slow your roll chica, your menopause should be over in no time.

Originally posted by resoe26--And those good ol days, yes I have experienced them. I have grown up in it. I lived in Mexico nearly every summer since I was 5 years old. (not your stupid tourists areas) I'm talking about Real Mexico. Were the traditional family had remained prevelent. This is why I can make conclusions and observations on family life here. Any hispanics in this thread? They would much agree.

Don't try to justify your behavior by bringing your ethnicity up in this thread
And yes i am a Spaniard. Though i don't see why asking if there are any "Hispanics" here would help understand your story and life in Mexico seeing how 'Hispanics are a diverse group of people with different cultures. But nice try though

-Oh course I can justify it by that. My opinions on this matter come from my observations and what I grew up seeing. I believe I stated already what I grew up seeing..... which in my opinion, I feel that I would like my marriage to be similar. If you don't like it, then don't. It's simple.
And please explain how hispanic culture is similar and not different from americans.

Originally posted by resoe26-It is not my problem if you want to trip out because you grew up with a single parent or never experienced "traditional" family life.

I had a traditional Castilian upbringing as well as both parents. Though my Grandfather was the largest force in my upbringing and shaping me into who i am today. The man never read any feminist literature in his life. He probably didn't even know what the hell a feminist was yet he did not act anywhere like you or what you are trying to portray. Thankfully

-Oh eres Castellana? My mother is Galician. Maybe there is the difference. Doesn't most of spain look at the Galicians like stepchildren?
The grandfather you knew didn't read any feminist literature in his life probably because he was old school. How did your grandmother act if you don't mind me asking. Maybe you should have modeled after a woman more than a man. (If you did, I'm sure you wouldn't be bitching at the moment)

Originally posted by resoe26We don't throw our parents in nursing homes because we don't want to deal with them when they are older.

What the hell does this have to do with what is being discussed? LOL

-Throwing out a fact of how the culture affects a person. (guess you didn't read properly)

You ought to spend more of your time being a woman rather talking trash on the internet to an anonymous person just because you don't agree with what I have posted. Silly as #. You ought to read my other thread.
It's titled Hatred & ATS

Good day to you madame.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

-I don't recall. I have a life outside of this website.

ah that old excuse. its just one cliche after another isnt it?

Originally posted by resoe26-ok ok Senora. I know what Machismo is. This is why I'm sticking to my guns on this. You don't know me lady so how can you determine I'm not a great "romancer"?

I'm not going to argue on this pinche website with you. Clearly you have YOUR opinions as I have mine. Slow your roll chica, your menopause should be over in no time.

First of all I'm a man Second of all your true colors are showing the more people point out the the flaws in your statements. perhaps you shouldn't argue on this "pinche " website anymore seeing how you seem to be on the verge of a meltdown and are now just resorting to insulting people.

and if you exemplified machismo so much you

A. Wouldn't be complaining so much as that is deemed to be inappropriate for such a man

B. Wouldnt be having these problems with these mean women as a man such as you claim to be would be able to easily sway them into doing what he wishes.

Originally posted by resoe26And please explain how hispanic culture is similar and not different from americans.

What do you need to be explained to you? Seeing how you were attempting to hide your misogyny behind your culture it seems you got it all figured out.

Originally posted by resoe26How did your grandmother act if you don't mind me asking

He treated his wife fairly and in turn she did the same for him. there was no battle over who wore the pants and he didnt give a damn about conforming to any set of values. he let common sense dictate how he behaved and saw that his sons and daughters were raised in a similar fashion and had to meet the same expectations. He grew up on a farm and in many cases with this kind of life everyone has to put their share of hard work (Man woman or kids.) which likely removed the idea from his head that women have a certain "place"

Originally posted by resoe26Throwing out a fact of how the culture affects a person. (guess you didn't read properly)

No i didnt understand a terrible attempt to drawing a comparison.

I like how you keep rambling about me being a woman. This again just highlights your seething hatred for females

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Yeah, it does sound a little condescending. It almost (not completely, just almost) sounds like you know manhood better than most men, which is ludicrous since you aren't one. Same way I don't know how to be a woman.

Even so, I don't think my individual role in society (or family, if I even want one
) should be dictated by my genitalia. Don't people have anything more to offer the world than their ability to procreate? Do all sterile people just immediately fail at life?

But that's why I love feminism's basic premise (essentially that of J.S Mill's liberalism, just a different perspective) on society. Man has his life, woman has hers. Unless they're directly competing, they really have no need to harm each other. If they do, then they should keep it consensual.

Of course, no one has to live like that if they don't want to, because with all of these "liberation movements" came the right to choose.

That and the fact that men can't rape their wives legally in the UK as of the the early 1990s.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Ah these topics always cause a stir.

I believe that everyone should be treated equally in every aspect in relation to employment, law and all that mumbo jumbo.

Being a strong willed chick, I too can see how feminism has gone to far. It had it's place in the beginning, and went too far. Now laws favor women, and it is often used for their benefit.

Now we are at a point where it is Men against Women which really p's me off.

We are not supposed to compete and fight each other. We are different for very obvious reasons. Male and Female are made for each other as a perfect unit, and i am sad that everywhere i look we are drifting apart.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by paganini

Your a man?

Alright guey, I somewhere in this thread put that each have a "place". I also said something about over stepping boundries. this Whole effin thread is about "traditional" family being non existent anymore and me asking why that may be.

When I say each have thier place and some overstep boundries, I was speaking on behalf of my observations of some women being overly controlling.

-Like you said with your Grandparents, each of them treated the other equally. No one person fighting over "pants" right? That is what I also view to be correct.
-The only annoyance I have are the feminist women out there making men out to be lil bitches. Which yeah, there are some. Why is that? Raised without a father? or what? what could it be?

See what I'm saying?
Not trying to come at you paganini. Relax

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Bet you don't have a boyfriend/husband.
If you do I bet he is a pushover.

Resoe, I don't think you're understanding the intent of my post. It isn't being said with a tone of sarcasm, as your reply suggests. Instead, it's a criticism of women who, after beating men down for three decades, are now standing around scratching their heads wondering where all of the confident men went. I sincerely believe men, en masse, may be in the midst of an identity crisis because women have literally tried convincing themselves that men are extranneous creatures who bring nothing to the table, and that couldn't be more wrong.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

reply to post by resoe26

Signed,

Dear woman,

Shouldn't you be in the kitchen right now?
Pardon me, I didn't utilize my spell check because usually when I post, I am doing it rather quickly. (I know how to spell merely by the way). You're just looking for anything you can grab so that you may TRY to look smarter I suppose. Silly woman.

Oh and this Man you speak of (I assume your boyfriend or husband), you say he is so muscular eh?

Who gives a flying efff. Do you know how I look?

Indian leg wrestle? Why don't you try boxing.

Edited to delete my erroneous verbal flaying of the OP. My apologies as well, Resoe.
edit on 1/25/2013 by chasingbrahman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join