It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Point center cites dangers of ‘far right’ in U.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The center — part of the institution where men and women are molded into Army officers — posted the report Tuesday. It lumps limited government activists with three movements it identifies as “a racist/white supremacy movement, an anti-federalist movement and a fundamentalist movement.”

www.washingtontimes.com...

Being former Soldier myself, I have always taken the position that I would never deny any rights provided by the Constitution to any of my fellow citizens, regardless of their race, religion or political ideology.

I also know that I and the many Soldiers I know would never fire upon any citizens unless fired upon first.

But it looks like the Government has found some after all. I’m realistic enough to know that they existed; I had just never met any during my career.

I’m still sure that there are many current and former Service members that think such as I, and that we are in the silent majority. And that we stand ready to defend the Constitution and the People.

WhoDaThunk? I guess I am now a potential terrorist since I believe in limited Government.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Alex says this all the time.

Terrorism is just an excuse.

The unPatriot Act, NDAA, torture, citizen assassinations, the TSA, people control aka gun control, is meant for anyone who might not agree with the government i.e. the American people.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
"Far right"

Any extreme ideology is bad. Period.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Of course.. it's the Far Right as the only danger worth noting... Those far Lefties like the Earth Liberation Front and Animal Liberation Front are just..what? Amusement for the masses? Cute and cuddly folk?

I gotta love how everything...EVERYTHING out of Government is either identified by race or political side on the spectrum. Never by simply saying they are whacko Americans who take good ideas too damn far on all sides.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
its only a matter of time before the Constitution becomes a “terrorist manifesto”

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
"Far right"

Any extreme ideology is bad. Period.

Agreed, I have taken part in these types of studies before during my career. And we always looked at and published all extremist groups.

ELF, ALF, KKK, Gangs, the multitude of religious extremists (all religions do have them, not just Islam), etc, etc. And we looked at it all with a world perspective, America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Middle East.

We looked at the group’s leadership, past actions and current rhetoric. We also considered whether they were on the wane or rise.

We NEVER focused on just one sector.

I would like to see the background on these folk who produced this study. Though I am sure that I already know their political ideology. It's fairly evident.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Not only does that make you a potential terrorist, but it also lumps you in with racists/white supremacists as well! Who'd have thunk it? At one time West Point was considered one of the most "far right" training institutions in the country. My how the times are changing- and not for the better!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
And here I was thinking my beliefs were patriotic. I never would have guessed that I was a racist terrorist. Thank you West Point for telling me who I am.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Here are your experts. If they didn't actually write this study, they signed off on it.

www.ctc.usma.edu...

I am starting to believe the exact opposite of what the First lady once said. "For the first time in my life, I am proud of my country."

Me? For the first time in my life, I fear for my country.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Seeing as how their credentials state they all pretty much make their bread and butter from "combating terrorism" makes sense that if they label large groups of people as possible terrorists that pretty much secures their paychecks, doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
There are many out there that are silent for now, I was one until recent… I try to be as careful as possible as what can be said, what not to say, and where it can be said. “what happened to freedom of speech” The government can label as they see fit… potential terrorist? That’s an excuse they use. They fear what can happen if the citizens catch on to what they are doing.

Their methods used to be slow and calculating, but now they are getting very bold in their efforts: Patriot Act, TSA, Drones, Gun Control, NDAA, Debt, what and how things are taught in schools, etc… all of this stuff is conditioning for the next generations. It’s a much bigger plan then you might think.

It’s good that people are starting to see with open minds, but with everything that has been put in place by the government it will be tough for the new generation to even grasp what has happened.

Far Right? Like I said, can’t even grasp what has happened to this country.
edit on 1/18/2013 by Shdak because: missing wording

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Not only does that make you a potential terrorist, but it also lumps you in with racists/white supremacists as well!

I'm pretty equal opportunity. I hate everybody.

Well, ok, I don't hate everybody, though I will admit that I dislike some based upon individual experiance with them.

I guess the race card will never be maxxed out. It's just to easy to use to shut down those who disagree with them whatever the topic.

Guy at the bar: I have a Poodle and German Shepard and the Shepard is alot smarter then the other dog.

Leftist sitting next to him: You Nazi Racist!!!

Guy: Huh?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Good point.

It also help indoctrinate the "Fellows" and push their careers along as well. The one thing that I have noticed amonst all institutions is that there is always a "Good 'ol Boys Club" mentality.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

The center — part of the institution where men and women are molded into Army officers — posted the report Tuesday. It lumps limited government activists with three movements it identifies as “a racist/white supremacy movement, an anti-federalist movement and a fundamentalist movement.”

Being former Soldier myself, I have always taken the position that I would never deny any rights provided by the Constitution to any of my fellow citizens, regardless of their race, religion or political ideology.

I also know that I and the many Soldiers I know would never fire upon any citizens unless fired upon first.

But it looks like the Government has found some after all. I’m realistic enough to know that they existed; I had just never met any during my career.

I’m still sure that there are many current and former Service members that think such as I, and that we are in the silent majority. And that we stand ready to defend the Constitution and the People.

WhoDaThunk? I guess I am now a potential terrorist since I believe in limited Government.

While I agree that all three of those ideologies (racists, religious extremists, and anarchists) have their dangerous elements to them, lumping them together is alarming and bigoted in and of itself.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Isn't the ideology that all extreme ideologies are bad an extreme ideology itself?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
reply to post by Jefferton

Isn't the ideology that all extreme ideologies are bad an extreme ideology itself?

I'm feeling extremely mellow at the moment chillin' with a brew-ha.

I guess that makes me a bad guy in the mind of the Gov't.

OMG! He drinks! he must have a mental problem.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Same here. I'm so sorry for offending everyone tonight.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

While I agree that all three of those ideologies (racists, religious extremists, and anarchists) have their dangerous elements to them, lumping them together is alarming and bigoted in and of itself.

The West Point paper also lumps in with those groups as being "extremists", what they call, "anti-federalists" who “espouse strong convictions regarding the federal government, believing it to be corrupt and tyrannical, with a natural tendency to intrude on individuals’ civil and constitutional rights. Finally, they support civil activism, individual freedoms, and self government."

This is not anything new. During the Wee Willy Klinton administration, Jackboot Janet El Reno, while Attorney General did the same kind of broad stroked demonizing of liberty loving Americans, as has Jackboot Janet Nepalitnut has done by using a similar paper through DHS.

But they were Leftist Statists who you knew had that agenda.

What is so troubling about this West Point paper is that it is military promoting the Collectivist agenda and demonizing liberty loving Americans who love the principles of individual liberty that the Constitution and Bill of Rights are founded on, and they are sworn to defend.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Here are your experts. If they didn't actually write this study, they signed off on it.

www.ctc.usma.edu...

I am starting to believe the exact opposite of what the First lady once said. "For the first time in my life, I am proud of my country."

Me? For the first time in my life, I fear for my country.

I bet most of the enlisted have a problem with this kind of demonizing propaganda, that includes them.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JuniorBeauchamp

That is why I posted it. My own "Peeps" as it were, are selling the US citizen out. I used to always argue against that. But now I am seeing it.

But truth be told, the military is also a political minded group just like any other. And it is actually easier to find out who supports who.

If you are in power, regardless of ideology, once you figure out who is who...you put the right people into place to further your agenda. This has happened with every Administration.

But I believe this Administration is taking it a step further. They have found those within the military who would detain citizens gladly and are now putting them in charge of Battalions, Brigades and Divisions.

Nothing good can come from this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join