It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus being God, the Most High, the Almighty, etc..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The flaw in my OP was that I knew about that "when one confesses with the mouth 'Jesus is Lord', one is saved".

Jesus is Lord.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

So are all of us. Jesus wasn't saying that he was the ONLY son of god like the church teaches but that we are all children of god in my opinion. If he was god then so are we.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

But we aren't the Word that was with God and which is God, whom Jesus was.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is just my opinion, but God came down into human form as Christ and as flesh is not Holy, nothing unholy can enter Heaven, this is why he stated " Why call me perfect, only one is perfect and that is God" and would be son of man as he was flesh also.

God is Holy and we are not because we are flesh and blood, but our souls come from God, we are the real extra -terrestrials.
We're, none of us, are from here.

The Father is the Great I AM That I AM and he does as He wishes. He is everywhere and what he wants to be.

But, like others here, I am just as confused on the matter as you all are. Indeed, was Jesus GOD?

edit on 18-1-2013 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Says who? The Word is thought which manifests from consciousness. The Word is the ability to say "I Am" in my opinion. Without thought (consciousness) there would be no word and there would have been nothing for Jesus to spread.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

This is just my opinion, but God came down into human form as Christ and as flesh is not Holy, nothing unholy can enter Heaven, this is why he stated " Why call me perfect, only one is perfect and that is God" and would be son of man as he was flesh also.

Precisely why Jesus never claimed to be God directly while he was in the flesh, but told people that the Father would "reveal it to them" through the Spirit.

After Jesus died and resurrected, He told his disciples to start baptizing people in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 16:15-18

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Notice too how Jesus tells his disciples that he will send them a "Comforter" (the Holy Spirit) and then follows that statement by saying that he himself would be the one coming to them.

John 14:8-9

8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

John 14:16-18

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Who is the "Comforter, that he may abide with you forever"?

Matthew 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
John 20:26-29

26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!”
27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Thomas seemed to think so, and Jesus didn't disagree.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

no offense, one can be conscious of many different things at a time.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaphneApollo

God is Holy and we are not because we are flesh and blood, but our souls come from God, we are the real extra -terrestrials.
We're, none of us, are from here.

The Father is the Great I AM That I AM and he does as He wishes. He is everywhere and what he wants to be.

But, like others here, I am just as confused on the matter as you all are. Indeed, was Jesus GOD?

edit on 18-1-2013 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

No, that was, who says that I am good, only God is good.

The scripture tells us, 'therefore, be perfect as your Father in heaven is.'

edit on 18-1-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Okay? What's your point? Could you give an example so I can see what you're trying to say?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thx for asking, I think I cannot give an example of this. It probably is not true what I just said. I thought there were layers of consciousness which could be active at the same time therefore us being conscious of different things at the same time. hmn, it doesn't sound silly after all.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Jesus was accused of being possessed by demons. But, he was really possessed by God. He was a living vessel for God. A vehicle. To the extent that a human body can contain God or if you prefer contain the Holy Spirit or if you prefer contain the living electricity known as Kundalini.

So it comes down to this. Is identity a function of the vessel, or the contents of the vessel?

edit on 18-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I still bring forth my argument that Jesus praid to God for strenght. or is it prayed. Sorry for my spelling. And He said his Father is in heaven. Hence the prayer he gave us, Our Father, whom art in heaven, hollowed be thy name.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
I still bring forth my argument that Jesus praid to God for strenght. or is it prayed. Sorry for my spelling.

That's because being possessed by God...being united with God comes and goes... he wasn't always in that mystical state of being. That's why he had to periodically retreat for lengthy prayer and fasting... he was a mystic. He had to practice mysticism to enter altered states.

Mysticism is about achieving unity with God. When one achieves unity with God, God achieves unity with him. Or her.

edit on 18-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Not exactly, if you think about it there are different levels of consciousness, Jesus was at the top, he reached enlightenment. Some people are at the bottom and some in the middle and others all in-between. Since this is true and people of different levels of consciousness coexist together then many states of consciousness can and are experienced at one time, though your perspective is unique to everyone else. This is how god experiences himself, in my opinion, through us. Hopefully that makes sense.

Anyways, I do believe Jesus was god, but he isn't the only one who is, we all are because we all have life.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
God wants us to be pure (physical), and without sin.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

I still bring forth my argument that Jesus praid to God for strength.

Jesus always said that he came to fulfill the law.

At that time, the law included specific actions from the high priests in order to resolve the people of their sins and Jesus was taking over that role, so he had to do what they did.

Hebrews 5:1-10

1 For every high priest, being taken from among men, is appointed for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:

2 who can bear gently with the ignorant and erring, for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity;

3 and by reason thereof is bound, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.

4 And no man taketh the honor unto himself, but when he is called of God, even as was Aaron.

5 So Christ also glorified not himself to be made a high priest, but he that spake unto him, Thou art my Son, This day have I begotten thee:

6 as he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever After the order of Melchizedek.

7 Who in the days of his flesh, having offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and having been heard for his godly fear,

8 though he was a Son, yet learned obedience by the things which he suffered;

9 and having been made perfect, he became unto all them that obey him the author of eternal salvation;

10 named of God a high priest after the order of Melchizedek.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

So Jesus took the place of those he despised? Why would he call them a "brood of vipers" then turn around and carry on their work? That doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Deetermined,

are you also of the conviction Jesus is not God, the Most High, but as He is, the Son of God, just as we are His children.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shelbee

Spot the deliberate mistake.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join