It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream/Night Terror/ OOBE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
OK, I so for the past year or so I have every once in a while been experiencing this god awful “thing” I call a nightmare. Im not sure what exactly it is, I just recently linked the “Happenings” to when I take pain medicine (I have some nerve damage that my PCP is treating with Steroids and Pain meds.) While it does happen without them, it happens more so with them.

Let me explain it more. There have been several (I want to say 10-15 occasions) where I have believed to be asleep.. but I can hear everything going on around me. I just can not control anything and the “Dream” I have while this is happening is always a terror/euphoric dream sometimes both together.

Last night: I was laying in bed, not being able to fall asleep.. I closed my eyes and the next thing I remember is snuggling with my husband as we fell off the bed, or what I thought was the bed. We never really hit the floor. There was an overall sense of fear, but I also felt safe at the same time. I realized I was still dreaming, but there was nothing I could do about it. I could hear the TV in the background.. (When I came to, The Show never stopped, It picked up right where it did in my “Dream”) and I could hear my husband snoring. I couldn’t move. I couldn't Wake myself up. I couldn’t do anything but fall. At some point I finally woke up, Im not sure why or how.

A Few months ago: I had a “Dream” that someone drug me out of bed, and threw me up against the wall, I could feel this all in my bones. But I knew I was dreaming. I didn’t see the person/thing that threw me, but I could see it happening to myself (Sort of OOBE?) And I could feel it. It was terrifying.

Someone please help. Last night’s experience sent me into a panic attack, which is possibly the reason I “snapped out of it”.. I don’t know what to do, I obviously plan on not using the Pain Meds… Is there something I am missing here? What is this?

TIA

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This seems to be quite common on ATS
It could just be we that are all a bunch of nutters, or it may be that like attracts like, personally I quite often have difficulty in going to sleep but enter a trance like state instead, I don't know what happens then but when I return to a dream state I'm exhausted, it is a rush coming back and realising that I've been 'away' again. Just wish I knew where I was. I love this about ATS I can describe this and know that A: I'm not alone, B: I won't be judged too harshly (ribbed yeah but not really judged) and C: Someone will have an explanation for me.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Oh! You made me think of something.. when I “Came to” I was VERY refreshed. I couldn’t have been “Out” for more than 10 minutes (Like I said, I was very aware of my surrounding when I was “Out”) And when I came to, I felt like I had had a full nights sleep.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

Feel like I've had an all night battle.
Wanna swap ?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I know the feeling, waking up and my leg was hurting because that's where I got shot at in my dream. Last night was even worse, very very violent.

spez

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

Feel for ya, hang tough and try to document as much as you can remember and see how it fits into your life.

spez

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thanks guys. I am so anxious for bed tonight. I dont want to sleep. Last nights experiance, while it was more peacful at times than others really freaked me out more. I could feel the wind hitting my face as we were "falling".

top topics

join