It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

must we kill to win?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
being that winning, itself, is the biological imperative, it seems at once to be the most and least obvious of all conspiracies. if any group seeks to conspire, it is surely to WIN some thing or another.

families ...
communities ...
corporations ...
bullies ...
gangs ...
sports teams ...
...all, in it to win it.

being the classic "born loser", it's that last one there (sports) that turned me off to the whole notion of competition which, over several decades of living, has turned me into a pacifist in the truest sense. I simply do not care to win. anything. ever. (...and I HATE football season.)

as you might guess, this has introduced many distinct problems into my life. but the reason I write this is not because of the problems, but because of the benefits. and in my own way, I am putting my own voice into this god-awful atrocious "gun debate".

so, being that it HAS BEEN the biological imperative for aeons, must it continue to be so?

I have long been fond of the idea that the "next phase" of evolution will rely not upon physical survival, which along with guns and wars, will become a relic of the past. no, the future is the evolution of ideas and information. it's the losers, the poor kids that get their butts kicked on the playground and those whom are least "fit" in the darwinian sense, that pave the way to a utopian star-trek type society.

we're sure as hell not going to get there with GUNS.

perhaps the reason people cling to their guns is because they have not made peace with their inner loser?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Guns are tools...
A pen is a tool...
Human beings are tools...

all 3 can be works of art, instruments of destruction, or simply neutral - inanimate.

The desired outcome lies behind the holder of the key - to the gateway of free will expression.
My thoughts are NOT wrong - nor are your own or any else.

Point being ~ creation / destruction ~ choice from within - anything physical can be used to create or destroy.

"I find holding a 'tool' accountable for actions of consciousness laughable."

[color=RED]ThatGuy45

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Without guns we we can't have a voice. Why do you think it was important for N. Korea to build a warhead? It isn't always about using it as it is to show I have one. People are less likely to mess with someone they know has a gun. Guns reduce bullies into whiney little babies crying about how he/she can't over power me without possible consequences. God did not put me on this Earth to be someones b****.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The seeming contradiction of weaponry has been discussed since the first club was made for sale. Yagu Munenori wrote about it beautifully in 'The life giving sword' and an intellectual responsibility that is required for mankind to posess weapons.
This was thought about in more violent and less accountable times than in todays modern societies.
Two quotes come to mind regarding the relationship humans have with the concept of winning as you describe it,
'A man who has mastery over others is powerful, but the man who has mastery over himself is mightier by far' (Lao Tzu)
'The problem with guns is that they give small men big ideas' (Anonymous)

Lance armstrong has just shown the hollow ring of victory at all costs.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
There is something wrong with you if losing makes you feel like a "loser" or winning makes you feel like a "winner."

The only person you should ever be competing against is yourself whether it's an individual or a team sport.

What matters is why you are doing what you are doing and what you want to get out of it.

Society has cheapened sport and all competition and I'm afraid a growing number of people who feel like "losers" is entering the adult world broken and afraid because of it.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatGuy45

I find holding a 'tool' accountable for actions of consciousness laughable.

why then are we so obsessed with these TOOLS? do you think it's healthy? beneficial? normal? good?

that is the real question here, and one you didn't even bother to acknowledge.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
reply to post by ThatGuy45

I find holding a 'tool' accountable for actions of consciousness laughable.

why then are we so obsessed with these TOOLS? do you think it's healthy? beneficial? normal? good?

that is the real question here, and one you didn't even bother to acknowledge.

Choice. Free will choice to be 'obsessed' or 'enticed' by/ with anything. All subjective perception.
Lacking comprehension in others decision does not nullify the choice made nor bare it any further weight, simply lack of understanding. 'obsessing' over the why of another's choice can be viewed as "unhealthy" -

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

you appear to be a very well adjusted person with a very reasonable perspective. I was hoping to hear these types of opinions, but I have become disheartened recently by the inundation of irrational perspectives concerning this issue sweeping over ATS for the past few weeks.

have all of ATSs well-reasoned folks gone into hiding?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

'A man who has mastery over others is powerful, but the man who has mastery over himself is mightier by far'
(Lao Tzu)
'The problem with guns is that they give small men big ideas'
(Anonymous)

these quotes are beautiful and perfectly capture the spirit of this thread.

thank you.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Self defense or laying down your life, is a choice. I believe many Higher Ups don't risk lowering frequency.

However, defending others and children against take overs, families being targetted and the horrendous Murder Incorporated practices carried out throughout the world by our corporations who would like to do as they will here as well, is a duty. Serve and Protect.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

these days, killing (dying) seems much less noble and much more like rooting for "your team".

but I will admit that naivete is an unpleasant side-effect of pacifism. I do not wish for good people to die.
edit on 18-1-2013 by tgidkp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

these days, killing (dying) seems much less noble and much more like rooting for "your team".

but I will admit that nativity is an unpleasant side-effect of pacifism. I do not wish for good people to die.

There are no teams. There are people striving to live and be abundant, many suffering and an evil murderous group of demonic orcs who are running the world behind the scenes, conducting extensive murder. Currently, they've murdered third world families and even whole villages to establish corrporate coffee plantations, chocolate plantations and use child slave labor even. Shell murdered whole villages to get land, and I was boycotting them for years, just like I boycotted Nestle for years as well.

Its not like a team, there are not teams. There is humanity and Murder Incorporated. There is Good and there are those striving to cause as much suffering and trauma as they can.

Everyone has the right to self defense, to defend others.

There is no "teams", one side is Love and Sane, and the other completely Insane, and in need of incredible cosmic healing. They're creating so much pain and suffering that everyone else needs massive recovery and healings from the trauma of this hellzone as well. And it should have been a low level heaven planet, not a hellzone. 1-5% are responsible for this.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

You have been a person living in a country with gun rights ( assuming you live in America ), whatever pacifist ways you have learned to become accustomed to were built on the idea that other men whom shaped the country you lived in were not pacifists, but meat eating winners who decided to bear arms as a means to protect not only THEIR freedoms but also YOUR freedoms.

edit on 1/18/2013 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

well, gosh. that was really super swell of them. guess I must owe them some kinda debt?

it just so happens I wrote a POST about that rediculousness last night. I owe no such debt.

I never asked anyone to kill (another person) for me, and never would.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

nah man, I am saying your pacifist ways ( or as you put it 'loser ways' ( not my words, yours ) ) only works in a world of assertive and dominate members. If the entire country were pacifists, it would be an entirely different enviroment and you would have to evaluate a pacifist role differently in order to cope with that enviroment. Hope that makes sense, didn't mean anything negative or 'debt related', peace

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Think of it this way: In the Africas, there are numerous animals that only can scavenge in order to collect food, they lack the mental or physical capacity to take down their living food for themselves so they feed on the dead remains of weak animals that died or the carcasses that other stronger animals took down and fed on and then left the scraps of lying about when they were done. These scavengers survive simply because these stronger animals that can take down the prey and then leave scraps exist, without those predators the scavenger animals couldn't survive on merely the weak or ill animals deaths that aren't frequent enough to produce a diet.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

I believe there is a difference between defending and felony acts.The nation state we reside in has been rogue for some time,we didn't know so we followed their edicts. To me I would say that the choice, when I use a gun ,was up to the guy,girl or child attacking me.If they didn't fight they didn't die. It is illegal and criminal to murder someone who surrenders. If they seek combat they die.
I could go into the darker reasons why they kill but you already know about most of the garbage. Usually it is a seminal measure of control.
As for crazy people who can say? The pressure of living in America is great,some crack and lose it.
edit on 18-1-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: missplled

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

but I will admit that nativity is an unpleasant side-effect of pacifism. I do not wish for good people to die.

From one point of view you do not have to worry about the people who die. They have just move on to other places. It is this place that is in a bit of trouble and it is the loss off their influence here that might make this place harder to accept. Some good people die early because there is really no reason for them to experiance more here and have better things to do than hang around here.

Where do you think a person like Jesus will be most comfortable? Among soulbrothers and soulsisters that feel the same closeness and higher ideals or stuck down here on a planet that is still trying to understand what being a true soulbrother and soulsister to each other means.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

My own guess is that 10% in the midldeclass in a western society are so insane at the age of 15 that they will have a hard time to grow at all but I hope I am totally wrong with my assumption.

I have a feeling that if you look at the richer more ego parasitical people then you would probably have and even higher percentage of sick souls (some even so sick they can be classified as egodemonic).
edit on 18-1-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If we kill, it is only to survive, NOT to win as you foolishly and deluded believed and propagate your anti-gun views.

Survival is the imperative of all humans, achievers or losers as you illogically labelled.

Stop the illogical nonsense that you anti-gun lobbyists love to use, such 'freedom through guns or laws?' No man gains freedom from guns, only PROTECTION & SURVIVAL.

Freedom can only be gained by societal constitutional laws under a democratic govt and protected by guns, which you irrational anti-gun lobbyists are hell bent on destroying.

The assual weapon is NOT just for hunting, but national survival. This is the 21st century and not the 17th century where muskets are still carried by mankind's enslavers nor do we live in disneyland where crime do not exists.

Cut the mickey mouse BS please.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join