Why do you care much about guns ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
I only read the OP, but I think the point is we are happy to support our military attacking another country, and get pissed off because they defend themselves, and kill American soldiers.

Yet you all want guns to do the same thing as the Afghans. Can't you see the contradiction?

The gun nuts do not care about other people in other countries. They are nationalists that think only Americans matter.

The OP is arguing with people that would careless if he was drone striked and killed right now. He's a Muslim in a middle eastern country. He's automatically a terrorist to them. Just look at how they talk down to him.

They keep asking him why does he care about Americans..... they can't fathom someone actually caring about something other than themselves and like kind.

edit on 18-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Well when the freakin Taliban feels the need to stop supporting Al Qaeda then we can stop pounding on them.

Now unless you are ready to compare the americans owning assault rifles under the 2nd amendmant to one or both of the above groups you have no point.

edit on 18-1-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

The problem with reasoning with folks like you is you answer yourself with your own mistaken logic disregarding any input conversation that doesn't equate to what ever the hell point you are trying to make,which,apparently may be the extant of your intellect.That is why you were probably branded a liberal ,because you reason like a progressive who parrots what he hears on TV.
We've moved beyond simple socio-bigoted memes like "gun nut"
Now we are patriots and right wing extremists(To you maybe).

I do care about other countries people very much,when things go bad and the US is called in to rescue them,then my guys die.Why? Because we do that better than any other civilization in recorded history.Go die for some other country then go home because the govt f##ked it up.
The attrocities not withstanding.Bankers are running the world,I should have thought that was clear to all

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
More diversionary drivel. Comparing guns with something else completely unrelated.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Yeah I just think it's a bit hypocritical for them to call the Afghanis terrorist for doing the same thing they say they need their guns for.

You're right, they think the world revolves around America. Everything wrong in the World is the fault of other nations and their people. But our economic and political systems perpetuates that mindset in order to gain support for it's military action in support of capitalist interests overseas.

Capitalism is nothing but the state given right for wealthy economic property owners to legally act like the mafia.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Well I'm not an American and I DO care about the people of Afghanistan but let me take a stab at it.
Most people in the USA have no idea whats really going on in Afghanistan.. the media has twisted the war so much and made the civilians of that country so alien that its hardly as likely to register to the average American as an illegal assault on their own freedoms. That is just common sense.

Of course your whole argument is BS as others have pointed out but I tried to just answer you assuming your were right.

That same questions works for both sides BTW.. children are killed by guns and bombs in Afghanistan on a regular basis by allied forces and yet it took a shooting at home to get everyone riled up.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
A gun is like a spare tire in your car. Much better to have one and not need it than need it and not have it.

2nd line

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
87 replies for this troll. Amazing.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by mideast

reply to post by mideast

Okay, I have to ask this question: when Sadaam invaded Kuwait and was killing and raping and torturing the Kuwait people, do you agree or disagree with the US going in there and driving Sadaam out of Kuwait?

I ask you "why did US give him such power ? why did US give him WMD's ?

Saddam was a deluded dog who thought he could take over Iran in 3 days.

And US which had lost one major puppet and resource was mad at Iran and backed him.

So , he thought he is a real number.

And yet Kuwait and Saudi called upon us to put him down. The US is in a damned if you do damned if you don't situation very much of the time. If we had not liberated Kuwait, we would have been damned as not caring.

True. Like some one who puts glue on the dynamite and lights it. Damned if he runs and if he stands. US helped Saddam.

When we took out Saddam the second time around we were hailed as liberators, the peace went south when Sunni and Shia extremists started killing each other and fighting to jockey for power in Saddam's absence and then we stayed in the role of peace keeper. THe majority of killing in post Saddam Iraq was muslim on muslim. We should have left and let the fanatics fight it out, but then we would have been blamed for abandoning the people in that instance too. You want to point fingers for violence in Iraq? Then point them at the deserving like bloodthirsty bastards like Al Sader, who used violence to try to gain personal power.

The problem of Iraq is not just because war of Shia-Sunni. But also because of their life style.

Saddam maybe knew how to treat them , but I don't know how. Maybe it wasn't right.

The problem is that there was no intense war as long as US was out of there.

And now that 1600 people in Iraq embassy , there is high probability that US is one of the reasons of wars.

This is not ordinary.

The reason why Sunni and Shia did not fight each other under Saddam is because he put them in the chipper-shredder and killed them and tortured them. That is how he kept them and their squabbles in line. Do you want peace in Islam based on the iron boot like Saddam used? If you want to solve problems in the Islamic world, the first thing to do is look at yourselves before you blame outside influences. Sunni and Shia are at each other's throat with any excuse.

That is why you know nothing about Islamic world and countries and you send replies.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Because...the criminals will always always have guns. Wouldnt you defend yourself and family when 3 of them appear in your hallway some night?

It not about caring about guns...if fact 99% of us dont want to EVER have to use them. Understand?

But we have a constutional right to keep and bear arms. Understand that?

The government wants long term...to someday get to the point where NONE of us have any guns. They would have them all.

NOW...can you understand THAT?

Yes . Understand that. The US govt seems not to understand.

But why now ? US govt finds the supporters and does what it wants.

They way it found war supporters and started the invasions.

Many people were silenced that years.

But now they talk.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce
87 replies for this troll. Amazing.

+ 1 reply for my humanitarian question.

But you answer doesn't seem humanitarian.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakNoEvil

usually to late by then. People are realizing that the Second is one of the only rights that can keep an aggressive government in check.

Really ? Is govt in check ? Was it in the last ten years ?

There are plenty of Republican, Libertarian, and true democrats here. Don't count us out yet, we wont bow down.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Because we do that better than any other civilization in recorded history.

If you knew some history , you wouldn't say that.

I mean , history of somewhere else than US and more than 300 years.
edit on 19-1-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I do think we dont care "any more"...we always were cocerned for our safety and rights. Now-a-days our opinions are being forced out of us. Thanks! MS

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I didn't. My parent's didn't. None of my family has a degree and neither do I. But this
doesn't mean that at some point in your life, you have to wake up and smell the coffee your drinking,
and realize this is coffee and not hot brown water.

But none of my family understands molecular biology either. Perhaps my dad or my mother does. However,

due to the "spill over" effects on the public populace and myself, the recent events of 9/11, The Collapse
of Lehman Brothers (Not "2008 Financial Crisis") and the IMF's increased Euro-Support have
caused me, and continue to inspire me to not only run for PM of Canada, but to demand information
at all levels of government in order to ensure security for not only myself, but for the individuals
I hope to inspire as well.
edit on 19-1-2013 by streetfightingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Imagine a government which can invade nations on a whim, justify wars without end, and be unrestrained by it's own people. Yes, the world should care that US citizen should have the ability to keep its government in check. It is our guns which restrain a government from becoming a global tyranical conqueror. Take away that safegaurd, and an evil which the world has never known would crush humanity.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

to post on page one,

i have been against the war in afghanistan, iraq, and the new assault weapons ban which is a ridiculous knee jerk reaction when in the mass shooting pistols were used, and a semi auto tube fed shotgun was found in a car, not an assault rifle. we have been defrauded long enough to say enough is enough. if they want our battle rifles, they can come and get them.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

There are some questions bothering me about gun control.
How is that the people who didn't care much that about war in Afghanistan , are now caring about guns being taken ? The US govt is saying that both are necessary for national security.
Then , why is this reaction to these bills and laws ?

Who said that taking the guns from law abiding citizens is necessary for National Security? The argument is domestic security (mass shootings) but that does not take account of the crimes prevented by guns with law abiding citizens nor the intent of the Second Amendment: "....being necessary for the SECURITY of a Free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." Does that not imply that guns in the hands of a citizenry capable of forming a militia are important to the National Security? It certainly worked as a deterrent against a Japanese invasion during WW2.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I just wonder why we never heard much from the proponents of the Second Amendment for the rights of Iraqis and Afghanis to "keep and bear arms"....being that it is supposed to be an inalienable right (God given) and therefore not just something special for Americans. Meanwhile the troops had a decade of experience in kicking in doors and searching for weapons in those two countries.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Many do care about what is happening in Afghanistan among other places.
Some really do not.
The issue Now is that a lot of people are just waking up to what is happening.
They have been, and many still are, distracted by the bread and circuses offered by the culture in the U.S.

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join