It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Charles Openly Endorses New Draconian Population Study

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Prince Charles Openly Endorses New Draconian Population Study

explosivereports.com

Prince Charles has openly expressed support for a recent population study by biologists Paul and Anne Ehrlich, calling for drastic global efforts to reduce fertility worldwide. On the official website of the Prince of Wales, prince Charles commended Paul and Anne Ehrlich’s latest population study published in the Proceedings of the Royal Society on January 8 of this year, calling among other things for globally provided “back-up abortions” to avert overpopulation catastrophe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
comment-hrh-the-pri nce-of-wales
rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org
edit on 18-1-2013 by Agarta because: Fixed first related link

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I am honestly not sure what to think of this article and am posting it more for You the readers. I hope that through this thread I might get a better Idea of what the true intentions are in this endorsement and the study from which it originates.

I see it is based on over population and resource limitations which is still up for debate in a lot of cases. I see it is a way of limiting population growth, but I am not sure it goes far enough to be considered Drakonian style and I think this was added to sensationalize the title, but I will leave this debate up to you ATS in the hopes that I may learn something from it all.

explosivereports.com (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I think it said that Paul Ehrlich was a supporter of Eugenics in the 1970's, which was all about wiping out bad traits in the human population through birth control and genetic screening.
Sounds a bit like Utopianism but only for those with the right bloodlines.
No doubt the world population is out of control and something needs to be done, but not on the say so of those closet Aryans. Maybe they''re planning a fourth reich and Charley's on board.
It seems to me the nations that can least afford it have increased their populations exponentially.
Maybe China has it right, one child per couple. But then I wouldn't have been born as I am the third child.

+4 more 
link   
it's not that they cant feed and house everybody the problem is their system doesnt require so many people anymore, the world isn't over populated the problem is the system and has always been the system.

link   
If he's so convinced (of this disproven Malthusian theory) then why doesn't he prove his commitment to the cause by lowering the earth's population by 1.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
No real surprise here seeing that the Royal Society is in deep with geoengineering and wanting us to curb "global warming" to save us all.
Wait. They want to save us, yet sterilize us?
They sound like a confused bunch. I think they should all be replaced with those who are capable of thinking rationally and with more common sense.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mykingdomforthetruth

Very true, Technology has taken away the need for a large labour-force and now with a lot of those people having the need to get Government handouts to survive those at the top probably think it is easier to just get rid of those that laboured for them when they required it.
No need for the great unwashed when technology can provide for us in so many ways.
Of Course we will still need our personal Valets, Butlers and Maids. Gardeners of course, but not so many now we have ride on lawnmowers.
They just dont get it. They think the world is there just for their convenience. I would love to see Prince Charley
hard at work lifting and working up a sweat for a forty hour week for minimum wage.
It'll never happen, they are parasites by nature and that is all they will ever be. Getting wealthy on an honest man's toil.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

I've got to hand it to the government for not lying.
After all, they did tell us that computers and technology would give us more free time to spend with our families and that's exactly what we got.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
check out the "Antichrist and a Cup of Tea" on youtube. All that needs to be said really.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Providing everyone on Earth with free birth control and abortion is a noble goal. Its not even about resources, people would take much better care of their kids if they have fewer of them and at the time they are wanted. There is nothing draconian here..

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
So where are all the pro brit folks to come in and wave the queen's flag when this inbred spazz goes on his rants? For queen and country until Diana or some inbred nut starts thinking he's a vampire or wants to come back as a virus.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
Providing everyone on Earth with free birth control and abortion is a noble goal. Its not even about resources, people would take much better care of their kids if they have fewer of them and at the time they are wanted. There is nothing draconian here..

It's curious how these plans to make the world a better place for all.... always include mass slaughter of the innocent. In or out of the womb.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

What you say sounds simple enough, but in their eyes, we aren't responsible and we aren't smart.
There are many girls who stop taking their birth control to trap a man, then there are men who put holes in condoms. Then, there's the people who purposefully have more kids to get more government assistance.
The madness just never seems to end. Now that kids are growing up feeling unloved, they want to be parents at young ages so they will have something akin to a puppy who will love them unconditionally.
I wouldn't bat an eye if somewhere down the road, the governments forced young people to get birth control implants that had to remain until they were 21. I wouldn't be surprised at all.
It's a vicious merry-go-round.
The TV dumbs us down, then we have to live in a nanny state because we're too stupid to make responsible decisions. I actually think this is what TPTB have wanted all along.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Having taken the time to read the report this "news" is based on, I'm not even sure why it is newsworthy.

The report says the world should...
a) have less children
b) lower consumption in the rich countries

...to which the Prince says this is an "urgent and timely reminder".

So, why the "draconian" sensationalism?
To me it looks like common sense.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I have just read through the report and found it to be a grim but convincing and accurate assessment of our future as a species, unless there is a radical change in the way we live, and manage the natural world.

Here is a pdf of the report (WARNING) contains very real portents of doom, as opposed to the imaginary kind mahb.stanford.edu...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Mate you weren't the only one who read it. Look a bit deeper into the people behind the study and you'll find their motives are not so pure and forthright.
Forget Prince Charles, he's just a figurehead and puppet of one of the wealthiest families on the planet.
The Royal family of Great Britain by definition has been party to some of the worst atrocities ever known in our history in the name of Mother England.
If they are even slightly mixed up in this with the ex Eugenics supporters, then you know its for the wrong reasons.
No doubt a smaller world population would be better for those in power but what does it mean for the rest of us.
Who gets to say how many children you can have and who gets to say what countries.
They want a world without borders, no immigration laws. If they get their way we will be just commodities bought and sold at will, One child per couple and the child will be taken from you at birth, Sold to the highest bidder.
It is not so far fetched. We are just cattle to them and who knows where it will stop.
There were even hints at a One world government in there. They're are not even hiding this stuff anymore, they know we cant stop them.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I don't trust any of these "cull the population" adherents until the whole lot of them say "cull the population and get rid of meateating and cutting down forests". What's hurting the planet is not the population per se, but their destructive diets. Every warm human body born means more destruction of the forests, oceans, prairies, and "wild"life. Until humans grow out of this stage they will continue to destroy their home (humans are the only animal which purposely destroys forests and their water supplies), and until the powers-that-be advocate less population but don't advocate veganism, they are just adding to the problem with every meal.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

I read it too and I'd just like to know what exactly is included a humane reduction of the human population? Will it stop at birth control and abortion? Or are those just the only aspects that anyone wants to publicly take personal responsibility for?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
In fairness to His Royal Highness, the comment on his website does not specifically mention the parts of the report with which he agrees. He merely makes the same eco-centric comments that he has made in the past, and recommends that we all think seriously about the future of the species, and act to protect the ecological circumstances that make civilisation possible.

He does not specifically endorse population reduction by abortion, or legislature of any kind in his response to the report. Also, the report in and of itself, cannot be draconian. It may recommend some pretty draconian policies, but a report cannot be draconian. Draconian POLICY might be constructed as a response to this report, but the mere act of producing a report cannot be classified as draconian, and nor can the report that is produced.

The Prince of Wales has always been a man of the land, and understands the symbiotic relationship that humanity has with the planets natural resources. He will always support research, and thinking which elevates the planets eco-security above the importance of temporary considerations like GDP, so called progress, and so on. This from a man who rubs shoulders pretty often with some of the biggest players in global industry and world politics, makes him one of the worlds most powerful eco-campaigners.

I very much doubt that he would support the creation of law which applies itself to the task of artificially reducing the population, through forced abortion or indeed fertility reduction, which he knows to be dangerous, having witnessed much of the world, and having seen its effects in other lands. What he seems to be supporting here is the general thrust of the report.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
reply to post by alfa1

Mate you weren't the only one who read it. Look a bit deeper into the people behind the study and you'll find their motives are not so pure and forthright.
Forget Prince Charles, he's just a figurehead and puppet of one of the wealthiest families on the planet.
The Royal family of Great Britain by definition has been party to some of the worst atrocities ever known in our history in the name of Mother England.
If they are even slightly mixed up in this with the ex Eugenics supporters, then you know its for the wrong reasons.
No doubt a smaller world population would be better for those in power but what does it mean for the rest of us.
Who gets to say how many children you can have and who gets to say what countries.
They want a world without borders, no immigration laws. If they get their way we will be just commodities bought and sold at will, One child per couple and the child will be taken from you at birth, Sold to the highest bidder.
It is not so far fetched. We are just cattle to them and who knows where it will stop.
There were even hints at a One world government in there. They're are not even hiding this stuff anymore, they know we cant stop them.

name some of those worst atrocities - I am curious,
You are basically accusing Britons and the English of performing atrocities - where when - evidence please.
edit on 18-1-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join