It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Says Obama Conspired To Dismantle 2nd Amendment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

yeah...and you had a republican president, a republican senate, and a republican house, during katrina in 2005...so how did those votes work out for your rights on the 2nd amendment

And JFK started with Executive Orders. This isn't about Obama per say, this is about Presidents using their power like Tyrants. The NRA obviously knew that this happened on Bush's watch. They STILL put the video out. Duh......... This is about the loss of the Second, and the other 9.

NDAA the Patriot Act, and a score of other bills Obama decided to sign in.

edit on 18-1-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I am at fault for anything about this that may have mislead you. It was my attempt to not plagiarize the story and I inserted my own speculation. Sorry. Thanks for your excellent reply!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by jimmyx

Those cops in and around New Orleans during the Katrina crisis were THUGs and now I see why police departments recruit average to low IQ people for their force (so they will mindlessly follow unconstitutional and unamerican orders).

Quoted for truth about those thugs. A perfect reason WHY the 2nd Amendment is needed, to keep thugs in place. How about when they went about killing Henry Glover and then attempted to hide the crime by burning the body?

Yeah, we don't need the 2nd amendment any longer.

Derek

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Viesczy

Or how the FBI shot William Cooper in the head.... Crooks

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
From just facts....Source

Let's just see what Obama has done....

* On June 26, 2008, the U.S. Supreme Court, in a 5-4 decision, ruled that Washington's D.C.'s handgun ban was unconstitutional.[147] Both of the Justices appointed by Democrats voted to uphold the ban, and five of the seven Justices appointed by Republicans voted to strike it down.[148]

* Of the five Justices who voted to strike down the D.C. handgun ban, Barack Obama voted against the nomination of two of them and identified two of the others as judges he would not have nominated.[149] [150] [151] Of the four justices who voted to uphold the handgun ban, John McCain identified all of them as judges he would not have nominated.[152]

* In May 2009, President Obama announced Sonya Sotomayor as his first nominee to the Supreme Court.[153] She was confirmed in a 68-31 Senate vote, with 100% of Democrats voting for her confirmation and 78% of Republicans voting against it.[154]

* Within a year of being confirmed to the Supreme Court,[155] Sotomayor joined in a dissenting opinion declaring that Chicago's handgun ban was constitutional, that "the use of arms for private self-defense does not warrant federal constitutional protection from state regulation," and that the Framers of the Constitution "did not write the Second Amendment in order to protect a private right of armed self-defense."[156]

* In May 2010, Obama announced his second nominee to the Supreme Court, Elena Kagan.[157] As a law clerk for Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, Kagan wrote a memo recommending Marshall deny hearing an appeal from a man who was convicted of violating Washington, D.C.'s gun laws. She wrote in the memo:

[The man's] sole contention is that the District of Columbia's firearms statutes violate his constitutional right to "keep and bear arms." I'm not sympathetic.[158]

* Kagan was confirmed to the Supreme Court by the Senate in a 63-37 vote, with 98% of Democrats voting for her confirmation and 88% of Republicans voting against it.[159]

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by theAnswer1111

In this case.

Nut balls . A group of paranoid people who have to be armed to the teeth because they think that they will be fighting a war with the United States of America and the US Armed Forces.

Oh yeah !
Please everyone remain calm, you will not lose a single gun
through 2016. Guess who shouldn't remain calm?

The President.
The National Rifle Association wants his head.

They are going to tell you the Black Panthers are on their way
to confiscate your guns and probably your daughter soon.

Remember when Bill Hicks said Jesus probably didn't appreciate
people wearing an icon of what he died on? He said that would be like meeting
Kennedy while wearing a rifle necklace.When you hear this story
you imagine a rifle in your mind.

Well in AM radio Fox NEWS &the Alex Koch Jones
conglomerate Network, there is now the image of a Rifle, as well as
a Radical Black President at the helm of YOUR country.
Many listeners have followed suit and also want his head.
This is incredibly wreckless.

If there has been a scarier scenario for any US President,
as far as a threat from his citizens, I'd like to hear it.
If you say Lincoln, you've dug yourself a hole.
Kennedy? All he did was mention two lines about secrecy.

ITs ON PURPOSE, don't do anything dumb.
Although I think certain interests would like you to.
As a fellow American Gun Owner, we are 80 million strong.
That's 80,000,000. Owners not guns.
Actual guns? way higher.

Since we are worried about a take over by our military and the UN,
we apparently are ok with the idea that only Rifles Hand guns and
light explosives will be used. As our guns, being what
we are so worried about losing, are just what we need to protects us.

Look up any Army you'd like;
see if 80,000,000 armed Americans is nothing to worry about for that Army.
Heck.. Why not combine every Army in the world and see how we'd do.

If its about security we should have lobbied long ago for the right to carry
Missles, Armor and an Air-Force .

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

I want to point out that I voted for Obama and I respect him as a person. I know that he is not the one who is really pulling the strings.

I also don't own a gun but I understand the PROFOUND right to have a gun and form an organized militia against tyranny.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join