It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God live in the here and now!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
God

Does God live in the here of now, the now the here the where and how, where is God now? Did God look at human kind that he created and think what a failed experiment and turn his back away. Is it any mistake the earth is in a solar system on the edge of the galaxy, is this where the failed experiments are put? out to pasture to be forgotten and pulled by magnetic tides to fade away in a sea of galactic dust. What will be the future for a human race without God, will we be able to survive or does it mean the inevitable end of the human genome DNA. Did God pull the pin on our DNA and walk away?

Who still believes in God these days anyway? Does he pay for your taxes, does he feed your family? when was the last time he did something for you? have we all not been duped by that chump and his second comming, kinda overdue a bit isnt it?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I doubt what we would consider god as ingrained in us by religion
exists at all, the claims made can be tested for the most part and
have been very thoroughly, pryer for example claims to actually effect
the world, so if that were true then tests on the efficacy of prayer would
be clear, yet when tested there is no difference between praying and
not praying.

We need to move away from the god idea, take responsibility for
our own lives and stop shirking our morality in the name of a deity
that cant even match our own morality. also which of the many gods?
that's another one which is ignored, there isn't just a claim for one,
there are thousands, its such a convoluted mess i don't know how
anyone could make a informed decision other than simply what they
feel on the subject , and feelings aren't evidence.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

and feelings aren't evidence.

Why arnt feelings good enough to be evidence after all humans are made up of feelings in the forms of emotional experiences. Dont you wonder why that is and think it be a bit unsual we have feelings?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Well that was refreshing...

Of course people still believe in God. It is their faith in his existence that makes working to pay taxes, bills, ect. and the everyday BS they put up with worth it. Don't ask me why, though, I don't really get it. My family, who are wonderful people, are religious and they have their reasoning that seem valid to them. I say, let them have faith in their fairytale if it makes them happy, because happiness is so hard to come by in our disturbed world. Sometimes I wish I had never realized that religion was a lie, part of me was happier back then with the blinders on, but the bigger part of me if glad to be free of it.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I think what you have to understand is that the here and now as you so eloquently put it is relative. Time for an omnipotent entity would surely flow in more than say a linear fashion. And you also have to remember time may only be a Human construct. Essentially created to stop everything happening at once. Add the distinct possibility that our consciousness, group or otherwise inhabit a Multiverse and not just a universe and the notion of time really goes out the window IMHO.
edit on 18-1-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Oh he's still about I know that. Its best to make some room for him in your life, in the here and now. You don't have to worship him or kiss his arse but it is wise to give him his due since he is omnipotent after all so it pays to keep on side with him because he does tend to lose his temper at times

. He's a bit of a grump actually but don't tell him I said that although he will know anyway.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I don't mean this in an insulting way at all but the best example i can
give as to why feelings should not be used as evidence is that i could
feel jumping off of a really tall cliff would not hurt me, however testing
that based on simply a feeling would be foolish. One could feel any god
is the right one, and if feelings were evidence then all gods would have
to be considered real, so it would be a huge mess.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Your trying to sum up God with your puny knowledge of the universe when he exists in another dimension of time and space? Your rant is puny and childish and shows very little thought, although admittedly, no human brain can perceive God correctly so you can be excused.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Your trying to sum up God with your puny knowledge of the universe when he exists in another dimension of time and space? Your rant is puny and childish and shows very little thought, although admittedly, no human brain can perceive God correctly so you can be excused.

Your counter rant was even punier. Two and half lines. Lol...the OP is a God in comparsion.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

A flurry of biological activity between two eternities deciding whether there is a God or not ... ha ha ha.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

A flurry of biological activity between two eternities deciding whether there is a God or not ... ha ha ha.

So if no non flurry like some form of secular birth control for athiests!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
God would have to exist outside of time and space in order to create the Universe, my theory which is obviously made up of many other theories and obviously impossible to prove says that he created the Universe to evolve and to expand. He put into it all the elements all the dna, everything that exists and put the plan into action.
It is basically evolving and changing all the time with life being created and extinguished and worlds being formed and being consumed by suns and those suns exploding and the fragments cooling and eventually forming worlds where the building blocks of life have always existed. It is part of the code of the Universe, the blueprint for life is everywhere with any possible variation existing at once.
When you die you go back to source and re-incarnate again, as all you are is energy that is forever being recycled each time learning new things each time reporting back what you learnt.
Why do we exist? Its not for us to know only that we are part of a process, a process that was old even when our Universe first blinked into existence.
We cannot understand God, but I am certain he is not about collecting tithes in order to pay your way to some Christian heaven to spend an eternity contemplating your navel.
For me I like Buddhist teachings, but I am not ready to give up my worldly belongings and life to reach enlightenment.
Maybe in my next life.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

Maybe in my next life.

Mabey is only an eternity away.............................................................

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
God

Does God live in the here of now, the now the here the where and how, where is God now? Did God look at human kind that he created and think what a failed experiment and turn his back away. Is it any mistake the earth is in a solar system on the edge of the galaxy, is this where the failed experiments are put? out to pasture to be forgotten and pulled by magnetic tides to fade away in a sea of galactic dust. What will be the future for a human race without God, will we be able to survive or does it mean the inevitable end of the human genome DNA. Did God pull the pin on our DNA and walk away?

Athlon, my friend, that is a very myopic view of God and his creation. Let's think outside of the box for a moment.

Let's say that, billions of years ago, God laid down the laws of this reality (which he is obviously not a part of -- the creation cannot contain the creator, by definition,) and kicked things off with a Big Bang. And let's say that, as the millennia went by, he kept an eye on his creation and when life appeared, in a form that could manage it, he gave it his "form" -- a soul, consciousness, and the ability to know right from wrong, rather than simply living by animalistic instincts. And when this self-aware life developed further, he revealed himself to it, offering to be a real part of their lives, if they would accept it.

Can that worldview be worked into Christianity, Judaism or Islam? Sure, why not? We don't need to think of ourselves as a "failed experiment" -- why not think of ourselves as one of many species in this universe, all loved and guided by their creator, looking to grow closer to him? Who is to say that there is only one intelligent form of life in this galaxy (heck, on this planet?) and that each isn't given its own connection to God in a way that's appropriate for them?

Rather than complain about being abandoned by God, why not get outside that box of yours and go look for him? Because he's there, just maybe not where you think he is.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Godisnowhere.

God is now here,

or

God is no where...

How did you read it?

Maybe it is just a matter of perspective depending on how you look at it or what you define "God" to be.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

If there is a GOD...it probably is nothing like people think it is or could either understand or define. A GOD certainly would not have GENDER and I get a good laugh every time someone say's HIM or Father. LOL!

Since the issues of Good and Bad are simply Human Beings connections to survival on an instictual level as we are ANIMALS and are not removed from the Animal Kingdom...although our large brains which are very much still only in their very early levels of development have allowed us to form laws and social do's and don'ts based upon various concepts of morality.

We do not consider a LION to be evil or breaking so called Commandments of GOD when say a Male Lion kills another rival male for the right and position of Pride Leadership as that Lion will immediately kill any former Pride Leaders cubs once he takes over the pride and then has sex and impregnates all Female Lions of the Pride.

Although we see horrific acts done by some people these acts are driven by a primitive instict ingrained in all of us but capable of overwhealming reason of others who are not capable of overriding such instinct. Humans still have the insticts to desire power which once obtained is specific to then obtaining resourses and breeding capabilities.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Before we even get into a discussion about whether God (assuming there even is a God, which I will for the sake of this conversation) we need some type of coherent definition of what we suspect God is or is not.

Some constants that I have seen among many thoughts have been this:

(1) Created or was, at the very least, at the beginning of the creation of our reality
(2) Permeates (and possibly controls) all time and space
(3) Is a conscious entity, fully aware of its "thoughts" and "actions"
(4) Able to manifest through any type of matter (or non-matter) and perhaps even take any chosen form while still remaining connected to the larger whole of Reality.

Can we take these arguments to be true? If not, then I doubt in really coherent discussion will take place in this thread

Furthermore, I can only speculate about the nature of a "God" in this reality based on the evidence given. From what I can tell, if there was God, it appears to rather indifferent to the concerns of its Realities inhabitants. It seems that as long as all the fundamental conditions an laws (the laws of physics) are obeyed, few other rules seem to matter--particularly the moral rules that most humans seem to the concerned with. I get the sense that if there were a God, it would manifest itself through other "lesser" conscious beings if its larger and grander plan (whatever that might be) is in "peril" of being derailed (but how anything might be "derailed" for such a being is beyond my comprehension--as this would suggest a being that doesn't have total control over matter, time and space).

-TheGhoster
edit on 18-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by theghoster

I do not believe we have even the slightest idea about what a GOD would actually be or mean. One thing that I think we could have an idea of is just how different in reality any GOD if existing would be from what current religious teachings and ideas set forth.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

I do not believe we have even the slightest idea about what a GOD would actually be or mean. One thing that I think we could have an idea of is just how different in reality any GOD if existing would be from what current religious teachings and ideas set forth.

Split Infinity

True, but I wonder, if that would even be possible to imagine us. We have a deep rooted tendency (if not unconquerable desire) to view everything from an anthropomorphic viewpoint. Such a comprehension maybe unknowable for us.

-TheGhoster

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Split Infinity

Well this is true of course, no idea at all, not unless on one fine day when least expected you became the focus of HIS attention for a minute or two. Then you would indeed have an inkling.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join