It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's top secret sites uncovered by google earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Just a link with a few Images and descriptions of Australia's high security bases, bit of fun to google earth further if you're bored! They have: Pine Gap, ASIO HQ, Christmas Island, Indian Ocean (detention centre) , Maralinga, SA (nuclear test site), Swan Island, VIC (special forces) and a few others, check it out if you're interested.

Australia's top secret sites uncovered by google earth

ASIO, ACT (spy agency HQ)
The new Australian Security Intelligence Organisation HQ in Canberra will house Australia's national security service, responsible for protecting us from espionage, sabotage, attacks on the Australian defence system and terrorism. ASIO officers have similar powers to the UK's Security Service (M15), and do not carry guns.

Pine Gap, NT (US listening post)
Probably the best known secret installation in Australia, Pine Gap near Alice Springs is one of the biggest ECHELON signals intelligence facilities in the world, with an estimated 1000 employees. A former US National Security employee who worked at Pine Gap has claimed that the facility is run by the CIA. Pine Gap controls American spy satellites as they fly over China, North Korea, Afghanistan and the Middle East.

edit on 18/1/2013 by bkaust because: Added pictures.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
It pictures of the Dulce base that i would find most interesting. Guess those would be a little harder to obtain since it's supposedly subterranean in nature. Star n Flag.
edit on 18-1-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

North West Cape, WA (US naval signals)
Naval Communication Station Harold E. Holt is located 6km north of Exmouth, which was built to provide support to the base and house dependent families of US Navy personnel. The base provides very low frequency (VLF) radio transmission to US and Royal Australian Navy ships and submarines in the Pacific and Indian Oceans and is the most powerful transmission station in the Southern Hemisphere.

This has got to be the scariest.
The Devils pentagram.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by majestic3

That hexagon shape is just the outline of where the VLF Aerial is located.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
That shape is probably the counterpoise (artificial ground) for the VLF antenna, with the antenna being a tall monopole at the center. Form follows function, and sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
It pictures of the Dulce base that i would find most interesting. Guess those would be a little harder to obtain since it's supposedly subterranean in nature. Star n Flag.

Its there proof on Dulce existing? I do enjoy reading about it though, regardless! I'm wondering if we in Australia have some super secret places too, underground or not that they still don't show, probably. Maybe this is why they are openly taking about these places, throwing us a bone to chew on while the important places stay hush hush

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Ha, gave you your 1,000th star. Tag, you're it.

These sites are pretty interesting, but yes, the real stuff is undoubtedly underground or underocean, well away from prying eyes. Or in New Zealand, where huge spiders protect all the secret bases and nobody dares to even think about them.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by bkaust

These sites are pretty interesting, but yes, the real stuff is undoubtedly underground or underocean, well away from prying eyes. Or in New Zealand, where huge spiders protect all the secret bases and nobody dares to even think about them.

So, those spiders in lotr & the Hobbit weren't cgi? They just borrowed them off nearby bases for a day! I can guarantee you that if someone wanted me away, get a spider. Ugh.

The mind boggles at what they'd have at the really secret places, that's the fun I think, the what ifs! Much like the stories about skinwalker ranch.

And thanks! I was actually excited for my 1,000th! Only took 3+ years, haha.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
while taking notice of the left hand the right hand does???

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

For your first picture try looking from street view at the very top of the screen cap where the grass is, you will see the new building from helicopter view

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by bkaust

Hey, I'm from New Zealand and they don't have huge spiders here, but they do have really nasty looking mantis/cricket like things called Wetas.

Very scary looking, but non venomous.

Still, enough to keep the Poms, Yanks, Frogs and Canucks away.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by majestic3

Naval Communication Station Harold E. Holt is located 6km north of Exmouth, which was built to provide support to the base and house dependent families of US Navy personnel. The base provides very low frequency (VLF) radio transmission to US and Royal Australian Navy ships and submarines in the Pacific and Indian Oceans and is the most powerful transmission station in the Southern Hemisphere.

The Devils pentagram.

Except it isn't a pentagram, its a hexagon.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by majestic3

The Devils pentagram.

One is a 6 point star and the other is 5 points...lol I don't know, but I would say that is a significant difference...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

What does "Dulce" even have to do with this thread? Aren't there already enough threads about it???

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hello i am new to ats and checking things out. my brother is druid42. thanks

top topics

join