It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our experience with a legend be it pterosaur, thunderbird ,pterodactyl,dragon, wyvern or combination

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Sorry in advance if this was posted earlier.

Do you think it could be a stork?

s104.beta.photobucket.com...

upload.wikimedia.org...

They are large and have long beaks.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Batan

No,It wasnt a stork.This creature stood erect albeit with difficulty, It had a straight back (vertical) supported by two rather short chickenlike legs and not much of a neck.It was totally out of proportion.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Hey, I enjoyed your story and it inspired me to draw some heads. Let me know if any of these kinda match what you saw...Might draw the full creature tomorrow.

Once when I was a kid, I swear I saw a pterasaur. However it was long ago and everyone laughed at me when I told them. Who knows, they could be out there.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

You sure are a better artist than I am but yours look more vulturelike plus I was looking at it straight on. Its eyes were elongated but so were (the pupils or iris) vertical slits. They did have some white around them though. The head was more elongated with a short crest of black and white feathers with a very narrow extremely long beak

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I have a friend who as a young girl saw an impossibly large bird take flight. She is a trustworthy person with no reason to lie. She doesn't really have any other "unusual tales" to tell. This happened in Santa Cruz I guess around the late 80's.

I think there could be some undiscovered species around. It is almost like the scientific community has declared North America "FULLY EXPLORED" and that's that.
edit on 20-2-2013 by guanyu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think you may have seen a heron or Egret. We have been having birds around here that never have been here in the past because of the weather changing. There could be mutations occurring also. Any chance that it could be one of those giant South American Bats?

Search around and see if you can find something that resembles this. It could also be something that was thought to be extinct already. Most of those scarey looking creatures were killed off over eighty years ago though and because an accredited person did not verify them they did not officially exist. Real isn't real unless certain people say it is in this world. Some creatures could be relocating out of the Amazon forest also as they log it out.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I have searched around and will continue to do so. I just cant seem to find anything closer than a pterosaur. There was nothing batlike about the head.If it is an unrecognized species maybe the incubation period is 100 yrs. The problem is we have to stop thinking within bounds but without bounds and that is almost impossible for most of us to do.I was spouting pterodactyl the minute we reached the car. But it was different than the pictures Ive seen.Ill continue to search ,however.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Is this the same thing as the Lock Ness Monsters supposed to be? I think it could be a dinosaur left over from the stone age maybe got trapped in some ice or rocks. Bigfoot is much cooler tho lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join